• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 3: Ridley's Believe It or Not!

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
MIocqdR.jpg

"Pic of the day. N-now wait a second, let's talk this through! We don't wanna miss today's Nintendo Direct, right?"

(It's happening!!)

I wonder how many Toads the Princess has forced to take an arrow to the face? That gentleman doesn't seem too pleased.

There's a chance that he's simply just advertising the direct. Doesn't HAVE to have something Smash related. It's Nintendo related and will relate to the characters in Smash.
:(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"And now we have Sakurai with a message about Smash Bros that he'd like to give directly to you"

"Hello, I am Masahiro Sakurai, director of Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. I'd just like to tell everyone who doesn't know that you can see new pictures of the game every week day on the Smash Bros website. I hope even more people enjoy them. Thank you."

SuperSah

Banned
"And now we have Sakurai with a message about Smash Bros that he'd like to give directly to you"

"Hello, I am Masahiro Sakurai, director of Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. I'd just like to tell everyone who doesn't know that you can see new pictures of the game every week day on the Smash Bros website. I hope even more people enjoy them. Thank you."

Please...stop... :(

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
My direct predictions

Zelda
Yoshi
Don King
Ice Climbers

I don't know whether that would make me laugh or cry.
I'm super hyped, my main characters haven't been announced to be returning yet, please have jiggly , Yoshi and ice climbers Sakurai.

You know what would be amazing?

Another E3 like reveal trailer with a couple of giveaway veterans (Yoshi, Diddy Kong) and a newcomer :)

I cannot wait to wake up in 6 hours and see what the direct is about!

I'm thinking a newcomer. If it's a veteran, then probably a couple of them.

I mean, it's a ND, come on Sakurai. Please. I know Luigi and Sonic we're revealed firing directs, but I think those are a little different.

Edit: ^Listen to the post above mine, Sakurai. You will be a god among men.^

I'M FINISHED!

We are gonna see a trailer for the new capsule design! It's gonna be sweeeet!

SmithnCo

They'll show a trailer with Little Mac, training away on a seemingly ordinary punching bag... The Punch-Out theme kicks in... Then suddenly, he drops the floor, dead. Then the true newcomer is revealed: Sandbag. He's back, and this time it's personal.

SuperSah

Banned
They'll show a trailer with Little Mac, training away on a seemingly ordinary punching bag... The Punch-Out theme kicks in... Then suddenly, he drops the floor, dead. Then the true newcomer is revealed: Sandbag. He's back, and this time it's personal.

LOL.

You made my morning. :D

Stupid hype is making me stay up too late. Getting up for the Direct tomorrow is going to be terrible... but so worth it!
CHOO-CHOO!!!!

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Avatar bets sound fun, but I don't know if I could risk letting go of my Pikachu. I spent ages drawing that to vaguely look like me.

...what?

uh...anyway yeah, hype! I want more footage to carefully look at. Maybe they might finally show Marth in motion, with his lovely hair.

SuperSah

Banned
Avatar bets sound fun, but I don't know if I could risk letting go of my Pikachu. I spent ages drawing that to vaguely look like me.

...what?

uh...anyway yeah, hype! I want more footage to carefully look at. Maybe they might finally show Marth in motion, with his lovely hair.

You look nothing like Pikachu in real life.

I'M FINISHED!

A two minute trailer of Wario farting in Wii Fit Trainer's face would be the best reveal ever.

R0ckman

I've seen far too many hype trains crash to get on another one.

I think the Cranky Kong reveal was the ONLY time in history Nintendo fans actually had an accurate prediction about a Nintendo presentation or Nintendo anything for that matter.

I don't know. From my view I've always seen bad predictions, always. In any branch of the Smash community there's usually only like several posters in a given forum community who make logical guesses on character inclusions. The commonly talked about characters are usually TOO obscure or redundant (flavor of the month/support cast of a full house).

I remember when Nintendo was teasing who the secret character of Super Paper Mario was. Although it was over 90% obvious it was Luigi, many people were dead set on it being Toad. It's almost as if a significant amount of The fans get some enjoyment out of being disappointed. :/

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Guys, do you realize that SSB4 is gonna be released in 4 months, and yet we don't even have a playable demo or any (real) footage of the game yet? It's the exact opposite of the shit Nintendo pulled with SMG2.

Not

Banned
I think the Cranky Kong reveal was the ONLY time in history Nintendo fans actually had an accurate prediction about a Nintendo presentation or Nintendo anything for that matter.

That wasn't even a direct. That was just Reggie's usual GameTrailers malarkey

Hello.

Banned
No thanks, Waluigi is a horrible character.

Also, if anyone hasn't noticed, Sakurai updated Toad's model. In a previous pic you could still see the polygons from Brawl but now it's less noticeable.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What did they pull with Galaxy?

They showed a shit ton of Galaxy footage + playable demos within the 6 months after revealing it.

What are you talking about? It was played in public at E3

A fricken training mode and a courtesy match. Come on. By this point we had playable demos of Brawl as well as tons of footage with new levels and all that.

You are a nasty, nasty dude! My stomach dropped when I saw that. Good fake! Bad man.

But Sakurai said the game wasn't coming out Spring 2014
And now he's talking about a Direct that focuses on game's coming out in Spring 2014

I don't know what to believe anymore

I'm laughing at the thought of anyone hoping for a Smash Bros. trailer or anything that gives us extensive footage. Don't set yourselves up for failure; we're going to be shown a veteran character from one of the franchises being showcased during the direct (DKR:TF, K:TD, YY, etc.) and that's pretty much it. I'd be honestly surprised if it was a brand new character, but then again, it's not like predicting Nintendo, and especially Sakurai, is an easy thing.

Top Bottom