• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superhuman Kickstarter: Returning to Kickstarter a Second Time Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Nobody is backing your product because they aren't receiving anything real. You want to sell us this 'movie', but we won't ever see it.

Okay well these comments specifically are a rather sobering prognosis. Perhaps I "tried too hard". In terms of explaining I could, but I highly doubt whether you would believe me. I'm no-one man. I have no credibility. I could write pages upon pages here explaining things and still you would have a severe amount of doubt in your mind because, who is this person again?

Long story short back in March of 2008 I befriended a member of the British intelligence services (MI6). She was an intelligence officer working for them. We became quite close over a couple of months and she told me information that if I ever wrote about would put Wikileaks to shame. Imagine you're The Pentagon. Imagine you've existed for the better part of a century. Imagine you're an organisation consisting of twenty thousand people and you're sole purpose is to protect America.

Now if you're The Pentagon and you discover or come across a profound set of information that could potentially change the world what would you do? Would you immediately call CNN and ask them to publicise it or would you think that this information, which no other country on the planet knows, could potentially give your nation an edge in the global sphere and therefore come to the conclusion that you should keep this knowledge a secret to advance your nation's position on the world stage?

From what this woman told me, The Pentagon proved God exists on December 16, 2009 at precisely 4:00am. They had been working towards this for decades. They wanted to prove whether their theorised "spirit of the universe" actually existed and they pulled it off. They discovered that "God" or rather the spirit and essence that exists beyond the veil of this universe was an invisible photonic energy field that generated the universe and now controls the planets and the stars.

You honestly wouldn't believe some of the plans The Pentagon developed and executed over the last twenty years. All I'll say is that America's general filmography reflects the knowledge that The Pentagon generated. Here's a good example. The film Priest (2011) was a Pentagon-powered effort after they had proven God exists because they thought that if they didn't start creating films that were pro-Christian then something negative might happen to humanity. They felt that they needed to "worship" this mysterious spirit of the universe or humanity might not exist for much longer.

You mentioned that the Superhuman Kickstarter sounds like "the ravings of a crazy person". I would interpret that as that I tried way too hard which I fully admit to. Imagine if you knew things that no-one else knew. Imagine if you were never really able to safely profess said things to anyone for the risk of them not believing you, and for the risk of The Pentagon placing a target on your back. Now imagine if you desperately wanted funds and interest in your work to eventually change the world.

Wouldn't you try too hard to make that happen? As I said, I'm no-one. At least at the moment. I could post threads here on NeoGAF with the knowledge that I have but I highly doubt whether anyone would believe me purely based on the fact that I have zero credibility. This is the profound frustration of being nameless. I hope one day I'll have the ability to deploy my knowledge and have people believe me. This Kickstarter was an attempt to inject energy in to that.

If you truly want me to explain how I know they proved God exists I will elaborate. My question however would be, what's the point? You won't believe me. I regretted including that in the Kickstarter about halfway through the project. I incorrectly calculated that this information alone would generate interest in the Kickstarter and it backfired. In hindsight I would have been better off not including it. And this is the precise reason I'm hesitating upon sharing the information now. Now matter what I write, would you believe me? Answer honestly.

Thank you to everyone who has replied so far. It has provided some sobering and honest insight to which I have have not access to before. I appreciate it.

I really want you to elaborate on this, not saying in anyway that i'd beleive you but I want to see what has made you beleive this is true.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I'm not gonna touch the conspiracy stuff.

As someone who works in the indie film/ game world, I deal with a lot of kickstarter stuff.

For me it's this:
I don't like the idea of funding someone's procrastination. There should be an end product at the end of the kickstarter, not just more ideas. I've seen several kickstarters that weren't delivered or finished and in every case they were things that hadn't done the hard part. The pre-pro.

Secondly, Sci-fi action movies are bad movies as a rule. The chances of one being anything better than awful is basically super-rare. I can count the number of good ones on one hand.... and none of them were cheap to make.
Unfortunately, getting funding for a multi-million dollar movie that runs a high risk of being awful, from some nobody, is just too much to have faith in.
you gotta have your shit TIGHT to convinve the world otherwise.

Thirdly, I'm way more likely to kickstart a talented filmmaker than a talented writer. A good filmmaker can take a so-so script and do SOMETHING with it. A great script hoever, doesn't necessarily become a ovie worth watching. If you are pitching something as a writer, you need to be partnered with someone who I believe will make it happen. A producer or director or something.

For me, not knowing producers or directors is typically a red flag that someone is a hobbyist. If this is the case, there is always work you can do for free on indie sets to meet people and learn the business.

A better strategy would be:
1. Write a novel and do a kickstarter to self publish.
or
2. Write a script, hook up with some passionate and talented indie fok (easier said than done) and do a kickstarter for a short. If you make a great short, you can maybe get funding for a feature if you have a good script.

Otherwise it's just a lot of ideas and vaguaries.

If this guy isn't a troll....

OP, you're trying to make a superhero movie based around quack science.

That is your problem.

Imagine you're a bad writer. Imagine you've been trying to shop around a scifi screenplay for the better part of a decade. Imagine you started a Kickstarter campaign asking for one thousand five hundred pounds and you're (sic) sole purpose is to get this movie made.

Now if you're the bad writer and you discover or come across information and comments which indicate that you probably have no chance of succeeding at all what would you do? Would you immediately go on NeoGAF and post a thread? Yes, you would.

.... dear lord.

Cartman86

Banned
And this is the precise reason I'm hesitating upon sharing the information now. Now matter what I write, would you believe me? Answer honestly.

If you want people to believe you then you will have to provide such evidence. If your evidence is someone told you so then don't expect anyone else to believe on hearsay. Considering what you are saying sounds insane the chances of us believing you are probably near zero. I mean believing that the Pentagon detected God is one thing, but then that they made a film with Christian themes? What? What if this being is an Alien? Why do they go with the Christian version of it?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
If you want people to believe you then you will have to provide such evidence. If your evidence is someone told you so then don't expect anyone else to believe on hearsay. Considering what you are saying sounds insane the chances of us believing you are probably near zero. I mean believing that the Pentagon detected God is one thing, but then that they made a film with Christian themes? What? What if this being is an Alien? Why do they go with the Christian version of it?

There's a circular trope, whereby you present an extraordinary story, without any actual proof, and then use the excuse that the proof itself is so extraordinary that it won't be believed and thus won't be shown for that reason which again fuels the extraordinary nature of the story.

wrowa

Forget about Superhuman. From your pitch it doesn't sound appealing in the slightest, it's just a combination of different cliches and tropes. No one on Kickstarter will fund the screenplay of yet another generic superhero movie, there's just too much of it on the market already.

Your crazy pentagon story however? That one is amazing. Write a batshit insane novel about that, it'll certainly make for an entertaining ride.

duckroll

Every story needs a compelling lead character. I recommend using Edward Snowden. Maybe the government isn't after him just because of intelligence leaks. Maybe he knows something. Something about God.

Every story needs a compelling lead character. I recommend using Edward Snowden. Maybe the government isn't after him just because of intelligence leaks. Maybe he knows something. Something about God.

lol, I would watch this movie!

I honestly think you should just pitch this crazy god theory movie!

Title - 4am Gods!

pa22word

It's next to the "add poll" button.

Oh wait you guys don't have that one?
6483.gif

This is actually sounding interesting now. Scrap your other idea OP, go with the God/Pentagon conspiracy theory story instead.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm afraid we'll never get to hear the proof for God's existence, you are all totally scaring OP off, we could be hearing about man's greatest discovery ever and you are all ruining it for all of us. :(

DJ88

Yeah to put it shortly, no one's going to fund a screenplay for a movie that will most likely never get made.

As for all the pentagon discovering god stuff, I don't even know what to say.

Mason

If he doesn't elaborate on the PentaGod story we should write the screenplay ourselves. In one of those collaborative story threads where each post builds on the previous one.

Aiii

So not worth it
If he doesn't elaborate on the PentaGod story, we should write the screenplay ourselves in one of those collaborative story threads where each post builds on the previous one.

Only after Evilore Kickstarts the OP.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Well aint this thread a treat.

I was just going to peddle my usual "internet busking" response to people looking to Kickstarter instead of doing shit in hobby-time and dedicating their own funds. You don't need money to write a word document on a computer you already own, you clown.

But now instead I would like the OP to go to his doctor and get checked for any tumours or chemical imbalances before he loses it completely.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is actually sounding interesting now. Scrap your other idea OP, go with the God/Pentagon conspiracy theory story instead.

Noooo, I wanna see robot ballet dancers. :( If he can tie those into his crazy god complex meta-plot (because we're obviously all about Trilogies now a days) we'd be golden.

I'm going to suppress my baser instincts for a moment and give you a serious answer.

There are a number of reasons your kickstarter failed. Someone better versed could probably give you better guidance regarding videos and such (from what I've seen, most successful kickstarters do seem to have videos), but as I see it, Pentagon aside, your kickstarter has one huge problem:

You're essentially asking for donations to shop around a screenplay. Not to make a movie or even a short film. There's no product.

Recall that nobody on kickstarter knows you. Your pitch does nothing to demonstrate that you have any ability to get a movie made, that you have any writing ability, or even that you'd know what to do with the money if you got it.

My advice: forget the kickstarter, put that time and effort into polishing your screenplay and shopping it around. What do you even need the money for?
This is all very sound advice. Good luck OP.

hwalker84

I can't even believe what I'm reading. It started out bad when I read
"A superhero with near-future evolutionary powers fights waves of ballet-spinning robots on the eve of the singularity."

Then it turned into the ravings of a mad man

Prove God exists? Impossible.

Possible. The Pentagon proved that God exists back in December of 2009. 2010 saw a wave of Pentagon-influenced media via the American media channels "worshiping" God as a result. They didn't tell anyone because if you prove that God exists then you also prove that Allah exists. Allah is simply a word that means God. The Pentagon are part of the US Department of Defense. They would never do anything to enhance threats to America's security which includes telling one billion Muslims that their God exists. SUPERHUMAN has been in development since early 2007 so they essentially superseded me. SUPERHUMAN has continued development since then partially because The Pentagon has zero intention of ever telling anyone. All I'll say is they have irrefutable proof and the knowledge that I have just shared with you remains Top Secret. Well. Until now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If he doesn't elaborate on the PentaGod story we should write the screenplay ourselves. In one of those collaborative story threads where each post builds on the previous one.

PentaGod, I love it. Run with it OP.

McSpidey

I've got a secret. People all around the world already believe god exists and act as such, even without new super proof.

Liberty4all

Banned
Legendary thread incoming?

Also OP content is obviously a joke, likely making fun of all the stupid useless kickstarters out there.

iddqd

I wish that I was able to come up with this much confidence and bravado one day.
Amazing self image OP.
BRAVO!

Patryn

Just... uh.... what?

But, yeah, I'd totally watch the hell out of a film about a whistleblower being pursued by a government that doesn't want him to reveal that the Pentagon proved the existence of God.

OP, I don't think you're crazy. I just think you suffer from what a lot of beginning writers suffer, and it's that you get too many "good ideas" and try to jam them all into one body of work.

At this stage, I don't think you should worry about KS, but instead focus more on developing your skills as a writer more. What you've presented reads more like a brainstorm of crazy, over-the-top scenarios that look like they were included because they sound interesting rather than a consistent, coherent narrative. It's fine if your setting is zany and over-the-top, but understand that pulling off a compelling story within such a framework is a LOT more difficult than it looks.

Have you considered participating in some short-story competitions? You may try and hone your craft there, but realize that you'll receive some brutal-yet-necessary criticism.

Going off of the Snowden stuff. The level of sophistication and reach of PRISM is actually some type of heavenly being that the government has captured and hooked into a computer system to view and listen to everything at once. Snowden discovered this secret and is on the run because of that. This sounds like the plot of Eagle Eye now with a supernatural bent to it now.

Kraftwerk

Hey mods:please keep scrambling his IP until he posts the full thing. We cannot let the Pentagon get to him before the truth is out!

besada

Banned
Two things to note from viewing the original Kickstarter.

1.) The OP doesn't know how to use a semicolon, but insists on using them anyway.
2.) There's a link to download the first ten pages of the script and no one here has mentioned it.

Also, someone should tag the OP with: "THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls."

Zeliard

Two things to note from viewing the original Kickstarter.

1.) The OP doesn't know how to use a semicolon, but insists on using them anyway.
2.) There's a link to download the first ten pages of the script and no one here has mentioned it.

Also, someone should tag the OP with: "THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls."

Also perhaps of note is that "Lathan Devers" is the name of a character from Asimov's Foundation series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom