• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gconsole

No , the japanese demo is only focus on the bay area (A bit inside castle). You can't even fight berias. This one is the new demo that include the snow stage and berias fight.

Aggelos

neojubei said:
Quick question,

The recent video, from what i heard it was from the PS3 build, but 1up (of course) and their sister site, gamevideoss.com seem to think the build is from the xbox 360 version.

Which is correct?

Additional question--> who is misinforming/distorting the reality and who's not? Also why?

Mmmkay

Aggelos said:
Additional question--> who is misinforming/distorting the reality and who's not? Also why?
The answer is at the top of the page. GameVideos supports user uploaded content, and the berk who put that Meristation clip up incorrectly labelled it.

Welcome to 8 hours ago

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mmmkay said:
The answer is at the top of the page. GameVideos supports user uploaded content, and the berk who put that Meristation clip up incorrectly labelled it.

Welcome to 8 hours ago

lol ok.

Aggelos

Mmmkay said:
the berk who put that Meristation clip up incorrectly labelled it.

Incorrectly or deliberately? (to fan up the fanboyism perhaps, to provoke perhaps.... You know, "Xbox360 version is better than PS3 version" and conversely, etc....)

Decado

As much as I liked DMC 1 & 3, I can't get excited about DMC4. It looks like a last gen game with a new coat of paint. Doesn't seem like a step forward in the genre at all. I smell another half-@ssed multiplatform game :|

Mrbob said:
Holy shit that trailer was awesome.

Nero's powers with his arm spice up the gameplay a TON.

Nero > Dante! ;)
QUIET!

**** no! The little variety the arm brings does not compare the revamped movelist you get when you DT, especially in DMC 1 where pretty much every DT move was substantially different from his normal move list.

Decado said:
As much as I liked DMC 1 & 3, I can't get excited about DMC4. It looks like a last gen game with a new coat of paint. Doesn't seem like a step forward in the genre at all. I smell another half-@ssed multiplatform game :|

I'm sure you're about to be crucified by about everyone here, so I'll just say I disagree with your opinion.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
01%20CONTROL--screenshot_large.jpg

BamYouHaveAids said:
QUIET!

**** no! The little variety the arm brings does not compare the revamped movelist you get when you DT, especially in DMC 1 where pretty much every DT move was substantially different from his normal move list.
DMC3 doesn't add any DT-only moves apart from Air Raid for Nevan. It makes up for it by having more weapon variety. I don't know how well the arm will stack up to DMC3's Sword Master style in terms of combat versatility, but it'll blow DMC1 Dante away just like DMC3 Dante did. It also looks like it'll be amazingly good for chaining moves together, though that'll come down to how well it can cancel.

Also, it ought to be noted that Nero has some plain ol' moves that are super to what Dante's got. He can do Charge Shot without Gunslinger, for instance, and he can do an Air Rave-esque move in the air without Swordmaster. Enemy juggling and aerial fighting in DMC4 is going to be AWESOME.

Decado said:

Can we ****in ban this diipshit now?

How many god damn "hands-on" do you need of people saying the game looks gorgeous with 60 fps to boot. Do you really think DMC4, with what seems to be a better dev. team, bigger budget, more updated engine, is going to look any worse than the graphical revered Lost Planet.

My god. And people speak about "next-gen" giving new forms of gameplay, I have YET to play a next-gen game that offers such. Next-gen is prettier graphics, and more animations, and more special effects, and more memory, that is all. Get over it.

And yes, steam is coming out of my ass.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
1. the game isnt finished.
2. screenshots are not accurate of a game.
3. there is not a 720p movie out, only of an old build that is a year old.
4. the game is not finished.

MCD

C- Warrior said:
Can we ****in ban this diipshit now?

How many god damn "hands-on" do you need of people saying the game looks gorgeous with 60 fps to boot. Do you really think DMC4, with what seems to be a better dev. team, bigger budget, more updated engine, is going to look any worse than the graphical revered Lost Planet.

My god. And people speak about "next-gen" giving new forms of gameplay, I have YET to play a next-gen game that offers such. Next-gen is prettier graphics, and more animations, and more special effects, and more memory, that is all. Get over it.

And yes, steam is coming out of my ass.

I agree with this man, I mean it's the goddamn same engine they used with Dead Rising and Lost Planet and both of them were great at the graphics part, especially LP, love that game sooooo much.

and DMC4 should top that since it's newer.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
BamYouHaveAids said:
QUIET!

What? Did you not watch the vid? The arm opens up a revamped movelist with the different amounts of charge, throw, and the grab. Thats without Nero's DT...

Oldschoolgamer said:
What? Did you not watch the vid? The arm opens up a revamped movelist with the different amounts of charge, throw, and the grab. Thats without Nero's DT...

Also, I think the arm is something that spacially changes the approach of the game.

Take for example the dash mechanic in Shinobi. It was just "one move" -- a dash, but it structured the game and all surrounding elements. The devil bringer system seems to do the same.

Bebpo

Banned
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, so if R1 and L2 are used already, what's going to be for the weapon changing? Just R2? (maybe he can only change guns, not swords? While Dante can change both?)

DT = L1? Or they could put DT on/ff at L3+R3 like God of War.

Bebpo said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, so if R1 and L2 are used already, what's going to be for the weapon changing? Just R2? (maybe he can only change guns, not swords? While Dante can change both?)

DT = L1? Or they could put DT on/ff at L3+R3 like God of War.
Well, I'm thinking that if they do that, there won't be any DT explosion any more. In any case, that's a very good point. We might see the Sixaxis used for some of this - maybe?

Also, the 360 has fewer triggers than the PS3, so remember that the controls need to fit that as well.

Aske

I for one hope to see a return to the DMC1 Devil Trigger with an upgraded movelist. One of the most impressive things about the first game was the balance between overpowered abilities and the game's difficulty. The lack of abilities comparable to the original Air Raid, Kick13 combo, Meteor and Inferno really dragged down the third game for me. Nevan's pathetic homage to Air Raid felt like a kick in the balls.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Aske said:
I for one hope to see a return to the DMC1 Devil Trigger with an upgraded movelist. One of the most impressive things about the first game was the balance between overpowered abilities and the game's difficulty. The lack of abilities comparable to the original Air Raid, Kick13 combo, Meteor and Inferno really dragged down the third game for me. Nevan's pathetic homage to Air Raid felt like a kick in the balls.

ALASTOR needs to return, that weapon is perfect for next-gen.
just saw the vids, some new footage, i love this game.

Crow-kun

Banned
When was that Games Radar piece done? It gets annoying reading through it and seeing comments like "push the power of the PlayStation 3."

Mmmkay

ferricide explained that it was done back in Feb:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6189756&postcount=1545
well, it wasn't on show. the visit to capcom actually occurred in february. we were aware that the 360 version was a possibility at that time, but it was not confirmed, so we weren't able to ask about it (it didn't officially exist.) thus it doesn't enter (directly) into the coverage, or the questions that were asked at that time. the demo was running on PS3 TEST units.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i wonder if the option to install to HDD will still be in, please please please let it be in for the ps3 version capcom.

ferricide

Crow-kun said:
When was that Games Radar piece done? It gets annoying reading through it and seeing comments like "push the power of the PlayStation 3."
as mentioned the interview was conducted in february. even more importantly, i think everyone knows that the game is being developed on the PS3 as its lead format and then ported over the 360. so of course, even if the discussion were going to encompass the 360 version, the PS3 would still be the main topic of discussion platform-wise.

It troubles me that Capcom JPN thinks 'all' Western gamers thought DMC3 was too hard. First off, I've never seen anything in my life that's more overhyped than DMC3's difficulty. It was -not- the second coming of Shinobi for ****s sake. It was hard, not everyone could beat it, but there were MUCH harder games. The original DMC gave me a lot harder of a time than DMC3 ever did, on any version.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
C- Warrior said:
It troubles me that Capcom JPN thinks 'all' Western gamers thought DMC3 was too hard. First off, I've never seen anything in my life that's more overhyped than DMC3's difficulty. It was -not- the second coming of Shinobi for ****s sake. It was hard, not everyone could beat it, but there were MUCH harder games. The original DMC gave me a lot harder of a time than DMC3 ever did, on any version.

you are aware that the review copies of DMC3 was shit-insane compared to retail DMC3?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
C- Warrior said:

to each his own

people say Murai in Ninja Gaiden was sooooo Hard, in my experience, beat em first try

Shinobi was not harder than DMC3 till i got to the last boss:-(

jett

D-Member
Brobzoid said:
you are aware that the review copies of DMC3 was shit-insane compared to retail DMC3?

Untrue, it's the same thing. You may be confusing the orginal DMC3 release with the special edition, which in any case is capable of being just as hard as the original, it's just the difficulty selection that was altered. Reviewers are just huge pussies like that.

I agree with C-, DMC1 was much harder for me as well.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
to each his own

people say Murai in Ninja Gaiden was sooooo Hard, in my experience, beat em first try

Shinobi was not harder than DMC3 till i got to the last boss:-(
SILENCE!

I agree, but the blind boss in Shinobi was also a bitch. He was as hard if not harder than the last boss.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
jett said:
Untrue, it's the same thing. You may be confusing the orginal DMC3 release with the special edition, which in any case is capable of being just as hard as the original, it's just the difficulty selection that was altered. Reviewers are just huge pussies like that.

I agree with C-, DMC1 was much harder for me as well.

I'm not gonna bother digging for shit, but I am confident the NTSC-US review copy was different from the NTSC-US retail copy, in that it was harder/more difficult. And I'm not confusing it with the SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom