• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superior Devil May Cry 4 Official Thread (new VIDEO 4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmkay said:
Game Watch have a DMC4 article up with all of the screenshots. The resolution and compression are slightly better than GamesRadar/GameReactor's. I guess that exclusivity window is over, hopefully someone who cares about compression will have some images up soon:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070501/dmc4.htm
dmc406.jpg
I don't know what the hell I'm looking at, but this does look awesome!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
FINALLY a true 720p screenshot, 1ups mark confirmed my question, the embargo ends this week and theyll have juicy videos and screens :)

edit: at first i thought it was alastor because of the hilt of the sword, but i guess its still rebellion :/
dmc461.jpg

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Tiduz said:
FINALLY a true 720p screenshot, 1ups mark confirmed my question, the embargo ends this week and theyll have juicy videos and screens :)

edit: at first i thought it was alastor because of the hilt of the sword, but i guess its still rebellion :/
dmc461.jpg

bad ass right there

jett

D-Member

bud

Oldschoolgamer said:
Ice world looks better in motion, to me "/. Then too, I like snow :D

it doesn't look good in motion imo :/

the other one does, though. the one with the fire looks awesome.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mendelevium said:

Incredible. I can't believe people were actually complaining about the graphics in this. How can you keep that up when the action looks so badass. And it's all in 60fps.

My only complaint so far is the battle music. It's still horrible and those vocals need to go

gconsole

Darunia said:
Incredible. I can't believe people were actually complaining about the graphics in this. How can you keep that up when the action looks so badass. And it's all in 60fps.

My only complaint so far is the battle music. It's still horrible and those vocals need to go

QFT

slade

I like the vocal music. It's no orchestral score like GOW or even DMC1 but it's different and good in its own way. Personally, I think it fits DMC's style better.

I can't believe no ones really mention it here or it hasn't been a big deal in the articles, the ign article and the gamesradar article barely mention it, but Dante will have on the fly style changing.

The combos possible in DMC3 with the on the fly weapon changing were insane, but to add on the fly style changes is a big deal to a combo player. I think we'll be seeing some pretty creative clips come out when the game is released, at least with Dante.

Dahbomb

With all this influx of news and media coming from all these sites, it must mean one thing:

The embargo has FINALLY been lifted. :)

Time to download the Gamevideo stuff.

Tonza

Nice videos. Berial has the same fire-pilar attack that the spider boss in DMC1.

The snow level looks really plain though.

This looks off the chain. I think the visuals can still come a LITTLE way before release, but as it is now and knowing it will be 60fps, you won't be hearing me complain.

And the music is... well, it's DMC music. Expected.

Dahbomb

bigfatgameguy said:
Was I the only one seeing crappy animations on the ice enemies. It looked like frames on animation were removed.
Quite frankly everything about the snow area seems off.

*Frosts not nearly as threatening as they were in DMC1 and artwise look like something out of NG.

*Ice area generally barren with little to nothing going on in the background interaction wise.

*Nero makes Frost look like puppet tier enemies from DMC1 with his DB.

*Mediocre textures used all around in the snow area.

*Ice particles/blocks look last gen.

etc. etc.

Its a shame because the rest of the game including the sequences with Berial and the areas in Fortuna look and play outstanding. Thankfully the snow area is fairly brief, I just hope the Frosts are more than they appear here. The only thing going for the snow area is that massive gothic castle which looks downright epic.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dahbomb said:
Quite frankly everything about the snow area seems off.

*Frosts not nearly as threatening as they were in DMC1 and artwise look like something out of NG.

*Ice area generally barren with little to nothing going on in the background interaction wise.

*Nero makes Frost look like puppet tier enemies from DMC1 with his DB.

*Mediocre textures used all around in the snow area.

*Ice particles/blocks look last gen.

etc. etc.

Its a shame because the rest of the game including the sequences with Berial and the areas in Fortuna look and play outstanding. Thankfully the snow area is fairly brief, I just hope the Frosts are more than they appear here. The only thing going for the snow area is that massive gothic castle which looks downright epic.

They can fix those.....they better

cuz the Frost are possibly the Toughest DMC enemies out of the whole series

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Im sure well get some new enemy's too :)
and im faily sure nero is a descendant of sparda judging from what berial said, maybe an unknown son from an earlier relationship of sparda :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I hope that that was the camera itself, because it seemed like one spot in the vid, things slowed down a bit :/

Other than that, HAWT baby! Can't wait. And, that dude's arm has to be Vergil. Either that, or he is his son.

Mrbob

The big question is when are we getting a demo?

It would be much more fun to play the DMC4 demo, then to read and hear about it. :)

Danielsan

The problem with the demo, and the full game itself is timing. They can't release the demo to far ahead because unlike Lost Planet this game does not contain an online multiplayer to give the demo long lasting value and therefor people may forget about the game.
I can only hope Capcom is shooting for maybe an August release, or preferably sooner. This fall it will rain triple A games and a Devil May Cry game is easily overwhelmed by big name games like GTAIV, Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Super Mario Galaxy. Not to say that those games are better but the general public is likely to go for the big names first.

Danielsan said:
a Devil May Cry game is easily overwhelmed by big name games like GTAIV, Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Super Mario Galaxy. Not to say that those games are better but the general public is likely to go for the big names first.

I think MGS4 and DMC4 are in the similar brackets popularity wise...sell well, but not nearly as much as GTA/Halo/Mario...Anyway i hope both sell really well.

velvet_nitemare said:
I think MGS4 and DMC4 are in the similar brackets popularity wise...sell well, but not nearly as much as GTA/Halo/Mario...Anyway i hope both sell really well.
Nope, MGS is far more popular.

Orlics

velvet_nitemare said:
On GAF ya...it's definitely dipped sales wise that's for sure.

Ynos Yrros is actually right. MGS4 has far more mainstream appeal than DMC4. However DMC4 remains a popular game among the hardcore.

dralla

I fear the game will be too easy. the interview on gamesradar and now the videos..if it's anything like DMC2 im cutting off testicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom