• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl Rumors – What's True, What's False, and What's Unconfirmed

Dascu

Zeenbor said:
I really hope it's true. Especially it's remade a la FFIV DS.
I'm not sure I'd like that. The 2D sprites for Chrono Trigger are excellent. I really don't think DS's 3D would do it any justice. Full-out console remake or just keep the original graphics.

But who cares, I'd gobble it up even it was black and white.

FrankT

Rayne.S said:
Yes and no.

Not explaining anything, i'm just the messenger.

As far as posting or deleting my account, its up to GAF, i'm fine either way.

In the mean time post 1116 will be my sole spot for rumors. If GAF approves i'm here to stay, if my account is flushed, so be it.

So much for your Atari BS and someone did in fact take you up on your permaban bet. That day is coming however.

plovie

Princess Skittles said:
Screw Chrono Trigger DS.

Unimportant.

* No BG&E in production <- EXTREME DESPONDENCE.

Say whaaaaat?!?!

This muthafuckin chrono trigger we're talking about.

jay

traveler said:
Look at the post right before yours. :p

You have an awesome game ahead of you if it really happens. It just seems like a lot of people are celebrating yet another rerelease or remake of a game they already played.

batbeg said:
It's never even come out in PAL territories.

I didn't realize this.

wsippel

Banned
Rayne.S said:
* Fallout EU distri will me KOCH, (timed) exclusivity for PS3.
Ubisoft ended up with the license, no exclusivity mentioned
Koch Media actually is Ubisofts distributor in Europe as far as I know.

Draft

Rayne did call the whole non-Bethesda publishing of FO3 in Europe like... a long time ago. I have the PM to prove it.

WTF is wrong with Bethesda? They opened a Euro office just to publish this game, and now they're letting Ubi do it? Epic fail. Someone should get fired.

A Chrono Trigger remake would complete my life, as I'd probably stop buying videogames after it was released. Still, and I hate when people whine about these things, but I would kill for a high-def remake with an orchestrated soundtrack.

FrankT

Draft said:
Rayne did call the whole non-Bethesda publishing of FO3 in Europe like... a long time ago. I have the PM to prove it.

WTF is wrong with Bethesda? They opened a Euro office just to publish this game, and now they're letting Ubi do it? Epic fail. Someone should get fired.

Well of course he did, old news. Except that's not the issue because ATARI certainly doesn't sound like Ubisoft. The F3 rumor has had no bases from the beginning, clearly the reason he got banned in the first place, and it seems he knew nothing of this deal with Ubisoft and got it totally wrong in the first place.

besiktas1

I seem to remember her having a rumour about Fight Night Round 4, and we dissmissed due to EA Chigago being shut down. Guess she was right.

Draft

Jtyettis said:
Well of course he did, old news. Except that's not the issue because ATARI certainly doesn't sound like Ubisoft. The F3 rumor has had no bases from the beginning, clearly the reason he got banned in the first place, and it seems he knew nothing of this deal with Ubisoft and got it totally wrong in the first place.
It was not old news. The only reported news was that Zenimax (read: Bethesda) had opened a publishing branch in Europe, ostensibly to distribute FO3. They were listing themselves as the Euro publisher of FO3. This is the first I've heard otherwise.

Slamo

Jtyettis said:

Dude, relax ffs.

He obviously got a lot of things right.

Zenith

Banned
* New Prince of Persia
Broke that news to Duck, Draft and Jim during Fallout-Gate, they can vouch for me. My rumor was placed more than a month before official news broke.

* Tom Clancy flightsim got a new name that i forgot
New name "Tom Clancy's HAWX

those 2 are ancient news and this

* Killzone ETA November but doubt we'll see it this year ![/b]
Broke on 6th may on the SCEE Gamers Day. Source is from within Guerilla

is so vague that you seem to have counted any release post-November as vindication.

No mention of the UK in that Fallout 3 press release I see, I take it that means Bethesda is publishing it here? Or have they arranged for someone else to do it?

Rayne.S

Banned
Jtyettis said:

My banning was for not naming a source. Now its a little bit hard to name a source if something was mentioned off the record ... Naming said source would not be good for the source and not good for Rayne.

As for the exclusivity, well. Now that Ubi is doing the rounds for Zenimax it wouldn't hurt to ask around. I'll let you know what i can find out.

As for the Ban Sweepstakes, like i said, i'm more than happy to have my account deleted, it was my bet. If GAF wants me gone, no problem there. In the mean time i'll edit in my cozy post-1116-spot.

Draft

Rayne.S said:
As for the Ban Sweepstakes, like i said, i'm more than happy to have my account deleted, it was my bet. If GAF wants me gone, no problem there. In the mean time i'll edit in my cozy post-1116-spot.
Now now now, it's not a question of "want" at this point. But we can't have people welching on these things.

Rayne.S

Banned
Zenith said:
those 2 are ancient news and this

is so vague that you seem to have counted any release post-November as vindication.

My post had been edited numerous times over April ...

All rumors have been posted weeks before the news broke, Jim can vouch for me as i have emailed him all rumors.

c2morg

GarthVaderUK said:
No mention of the UK in that Fallout 3 press release I see, I take it that means Bethesda is publishing it here? Or have they arranged for someone else to do it?

2k games published Oblivion in the UK. Id imagine they would go with them again.

Cardon

besiktas1 said:
I seem to remember her having a rumour about Fight Night Round 4, and we dissmissed due to EA Chigago being shut down. Guess she was right.

Well I guess only the stupid people dismissed that one and she still isn't "right". It was only a matter of time before FNR4 was announced and we all knew it was going to happen at some point since EA Canada was responsible for the FNR3 PS3 port. The closing of EA Chicago really didn't put any doubt of whether the franchise would continue or not.

FrankT

Draft said:
It was not old news. The only reported news was that Zenimax (read: Bethesda) had opened a publishing branch in Europe, ostensibly to distribute FO3. They were listing themselves as the Euro publisher of FO3. This is the first I've heard otherwise.

Old news as in we have known for quite some time now that he said Atari was doing it not Ubisoft. Two totally different things altogether.

Rayne.S said:
My banning was for not naming a source. Now its a little bit hard to name a source if something was mentioned off the record ... Naming said source would not be good for the source and not good for Rayne.

As for the exclusivity, well. Now that Ubi is doing the rounds for Zenimax it wouldn't hurt to ask around. I'll let you know what i can find out.

This is what you got banned for.

White Man said:
Rayne.S, we have a policy about people dropping TEH INSIDER KNOWLEDGE with no backup. In other words, get bent.

So you're going to just drop more "insider knowledge" in here with no backup now as well?

Rayne.S said:

DuckRacer

Jtyettis said:
Old news as in we have known for quite some time now that he said Atari was doing it not Ubisoft. Two totally different things altogether.
Eh...

This is from Rayne's PM from a month ago:
Things happened today though. My source is from within Atari, the company that was supposed to do the businesshonors of Fallout ( at least in Europe ). They are now out of the race, though the contract with Sony a done deal.
And then this later in the PM:
* Zenimax is outsourcing the distri-rights of Fallout
* Atari is out of the Fallout race, says "different party" is handling it, hinted at Ubi.
* Exclusivity is absolutely happening.

FrankT

Duck said:
Eh...

This is from Rayne's PM from a month ago:

And then this later in the PM:

Well if that is the case then why in the world would he say the rumor bounced as he has listed in his post updated today. If he knew Ubisoft may have been pulling in the first place that makes no sense, at all. At best at this point I would say a possible timed exclusive for the EU, maybe, big maybe at that. Let em check his sources now as he says we shall see.

Nothing should have changed if Sony was a done deal as he says. Now he is back to checking sources since it's in Ubisoft's hands. Doesn't add up. Fuzzy math.

Kafel

Banned
Rayne.S said:
New Rumors

* Europe will get a very very limited "Limited Edition" of Metal Gear Solid 4.

* Net International Track and Field will besides Snake include Sparkster, Pyramid Head and several other Konami IP's

* Midnight Club Los Angeles for PSP. Though if anybody cares is another story

wow wow wow, my mind is blown.

How do you do that Rayne ? It's like whoah.

DuckRacer

Jtyettis said:
Well if that is the case then why in the world would he say the rumor bounced as he has listed in his post updated today. If he knew Ubisoft may have been pulling in the first place that makes no sense, at all. At best at this point I would say a possible timed exclusive for the EU, maybe, big maybe at that. Let em check his sources now as he says we shall see.

Nothing should have changed if Sony was a done deal as he says. Now he is back to checking sources since it's in Ubisoft's hands. Doesn't add up. Fuzzy math.
Oh, he updated his post. So apparently he's saying FO3 exclusivity isn't true now...

Also, Midnight Club LA PSP isn't a rumor:
Take-Two also announced today a portable version of the franchise, Midnight Club: LA Remix for the PlayStation Portable. No other information was revealed about the game, other than the fact that it is being developed by Rockstar London and will be released alongside its console counterparts in September.
Announced a few weeks ago.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh man, a Chrono Trigger port/remake rumor? That's some brave shit right there. Got any Mother 3 rumors while you're at it?

clashfan

Duck said:
Oh, he updated his post. So apparently he's saying FO3 exclusivity isn't true now...

Now he says it's not true. I remember a bold day when he was calling everyone idiots for not believing that FO3 is a PS3 exclusive. :lol

TheOddOne

# You cannot honestly be surprised that Doom 4 was announced, can you? I'm guessing you are the kind that will be shocked when things like Call of Duty 6, Diablo III, Hitman 5, Onimusha 5, Max Payne 3, the non-wagglefest starring those Rabbids, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 3, Sniper Studios' Capcom title, Dynasty Warriors 8, NBA Street 5 and Turok 2 are announced.
# Yeah, Boom Blox is one of the best games to hit a Nintendo platform in years and some folks at NoE/NoA lotcheck think so too.

Sniper Studios' Capcom title mmmm

Zilch

Banned
"Sequels to big franchises will be announced sometime... in the future."

That's quite obvious and totally non-news.

Uhmm there's a new game reveal due next week that she hasn't talked at all. It seems she doesn't have the right sources at Redmond ;)

Edit - oh wait, I searched this thread and she already hinted it in march... ok lady, you've got nice sources :D

I don't know if Rayneman is full of shit but Chrono Trigger DS would be quite delicious.

But why would SE London confirm it? Makes no sense.

Wait a second, in the FFIV Nintendo Power interview Takashi basically said "if the demand is there we might as well remake CT". That implies they're not making it.

PERMABAN HIM.

Top Bottom