• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swery confirms D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die coming to PC #ThanksObama

Venfayth

updated 5/1 with game info near bottom of OP, updated again with another interview and season 2 tease

Google translate makes me think this tweet means D4 is coming to PC. Can anyone confirm?

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/593007562066235393

Seems like it .

2AjysRw.png

Dinjoralo found an interview with PC pics from Famitsu:

Oh yeah, I found an interview with PC pics from Famitsu. If anyone could translate that, that'd be cool.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201504/28077713.html

For some reason making a hyperlink causes an error. Weird. You have to copy and paste that in your browser.

CheesecakeRecipe has translated some:

Couple of quick clips, though I will probably have a few mistakes~

How does it differ from the Xbox One version?

SWERY: We'd had a jam (Game Jam) that was done in time for GDC, "Empathy and Sense can be reproduced without a Kinect", for which we created an experimental PC version as proof. The intention was for the game's design to use only a mouse. Many users said "I want to play D4, but I don't have an Xbox One." When we'd practically announced it at GDC, there'd been quite a bit of buzz on social networks saying, "If there's a PC version, please release it by any means."

Is it safe to say it's currently in production?

SWERY: The staff is going through the trouble day and night to insert every element in April. I'd like to be bug checking by May.

Will there be any difference in the game's contents?

SWERY: Season 1 (I assume he means the plot/story content) will not have any changes. The arrangement of some items has changed, and has been tuned a bit to be easier to play. On Xbox One, these items came in the form of DLC, as items that can be taken as a reward in-game. These have been changed to become rewards of side quests.

Why changing from DLC to available through play?

SWERY: Since the game's already been on the market longer than half a year, there's no need for them to be separately downloaded. You can simply enjoy them within the game.

A pleasant change. So, how will the changes for Sense operate? With mouse replacing the Kinect, do you think the game is still fun to play?

SWERY: While porting to using the mouse, that part improved very much. But there was a part that was missing. The voice control offered by Kinect is no longer available. Though gestures with body poses cannot be done, playing with a mouse is an improvement.

PC info

Launched site about PC version, sounds developers will put some effort this time!
D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die, a mystery adventure game that was originally released on the Xbox One, has now been customized specifically for the PC platform. All of the commands and actions in the game can now be performed comfortably using a mouse.

D4 introduces a new type of sensory replication that allows players to gradually feel like they’re actually performing the actions themselves through mouse controls that are synchronized directly with the main character’s movements and feelings. In addition to this new approach to game design, D4 also boasts charming characters, an intriguing storyline, and an original graphical style that was developed specifically for the game, which allows players to experience a profound level of immersion as they explore the game’s unique world. The PC version also contains new content, shorter load times, a better balanced game system, and an improved frame rate, among other adjustments made specifically for the PC platform.

Specs
Kinect control functionality has been removed. Instead, the entire game can be played using only the mouse.
  ・Hand Cursor movement/selecting
  ・Grab controls
  ・Push controls
  ・Direction changes
  ・Posture changes
  ・Selecting/canceling
  ・Interactions

Kinect gesture input controls have been removed and replaced with mouse commands.
  ・There are new commands to do daily life activities like drinking tequila and
   opening fortune cookies.
  ・Special actions like activating Dive and Vision have been changed to new commands.
  ・Gesture inputs during cutscenes have been changed to new commands.

Synchronous Kinect inputs have been changed to new mouse commands.
  ・Actions like wiping the windows and fixing the switchboard have been customized for
   mouse controls.
・Other features like changing posture can now be done with the mouse.

All Kinect Commands during Synchro Stunts (QTEs) have been removed. Instead,
the QTEs can be played entirely using mouse controls.
  ・Actions like waving both arms and swiping repeatedly have been changed into
   new swipe methods and commands.
  ・Gesture commands like swinging the bat have been changed into new commands.
  ・Actions like screaming into the microphone have been changed into new commands.

All Xbox One DLC is now in-game content.
  ・Collaboration costumes can now be acquired within the game.
  ・Beard DLC can now be acquired within the game.
  ・The parameters of various outfits have been altered.
  ・“Today’s Free Outfit,” a new section of Amanda’s Shop, has been added.

Along with the above changes, the user interface has also been redone.
  ・Changes have been made to the affected areas in order to fit the mouse controls.

All voice controls have been removed.
  ・Voice input during Synchro Stunts (QTEs)
  ・Voice selection during conversation
  ・Selection during cutscenes
  ・Shortcuts in the closet and shop
  ・Shortcuts in the menu

Synchro Stunt (QTE) grading has been revised.

Item parameters and locations have been revised.

Options unique to the PC version have been added.
  ・Resolution Settings
  ・Window / Full Screen Settings
  ・Vsync ON / OFF
  ・Dynamic Shadows ON / OFF
  ・Subtitle Language Settings(EFIGSPJ supported)

The game now runs at 60fps.
  *Only capable when using the recommended settings.

Load times have been shortened.

Previously discovered bugs have been fixed.

Content unique to the Xbox ONE version has been removed.
  ・MELD compatibility
  ・Leaderboards

Unique content has been added to the Steam version.
  ・Steam Achievements
  ・Trading Cards
  ・Badges
  ・Emoticons
  ・Profile Backgrounds
  ・Cloud Saving

PC version Specifications
Recommended Specifications
OS
Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition
CPU
Intel Corei7 4770K @ 3.5GHz or an equivalent AMD CPU
Memory
8GB RAM
Graphic Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7850 (VRAM 2GB)
Display
1920x1080
DirectX
DirectX 11
HDD
20GB of free space
Sound Card
A DirectX 11 compatible card
Other
Keyboard and mouse necessary. Compatible with XInput controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller.

Minimum Specifications
OS
Windows 7 64-bit edition or Windows 8 64-bit edition
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz or an equivalent AMD CPU
Memory
6GB RAM
Graphic Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 6870 (VRAM 1GB)
Display
1280x720
DirectX
DirectX 11
HDD
10GB of free space
Sound Card
A DirectX 11 compatible card
Other
Keyboard and mouse necessary. Compatible with XInput controllers such as the Xbox 360 controller.

PC screenshots

http://d4-game.com/pc/index.html
Kotaku: Can you guarantee fans there’s going to be another episode of D4? Are you working on it right now?

Swery65: There’s no such thing as an “absolute guarantee” in this world. But I can show you proof that I’m trying my best right now.

Well? Want to see more?

1233088445055046179.jpg

Sendou

Obama intervened?! This game is a lot more high profile than I thought. Thanks mr. President for protecting PC gamers' civil rights.

To all of you who said they would get it, do it. Game is fantastic and needs all the support it can get.

I also really need to see what happens next in the story. Will be double dipping regardless.

Sijil

I thought the game was incomplete on X1 no? Episodes but the first one didn't sell enough to fund further episodes.

Falk

that puzzling face
I thought the game was incomplete on X1 no? Episodes but the furst one didn't sell enough to fund further episodes.

Is this the time of the day where we post speculation as fact?

edit@above: I played it at PAX East. It ran like a dream actually. I was also at the booth for an extended period of time and there didn't seem to be any performance or technical issues with the demo they were running for hours on end. The one sour note for me was how some of the mouse controls were a little unintuitive (it basically mapped a lot of things to the existing motion controls, rather than something that made more sense natively, e.g. panning the camera left or right, etc.) but maybe that's changed in the interim.

A bit off topic, but the fact that Swery tweeting me confirming D4 for PC got posted on GAF quicker than even I could do it is some speedrun madness

Now I know how Wario feels! :p

Sijil

Is this the time of the day where we post speculation as fact?

edit@above: I played it at PAX East. It ran like a dream actually. I was also at the booth for an extended period of time and there didn't seem to be any performance or technical issues with the demo they were running for hours on end. The one sour note for me was how some of the mouse controls were a little unintuitive (it basically mapped a lot of things to the existing motion controls, rather than something that made more sense natively, e.g. panning the camera left or right, etc.) but maybe that's changed in the interim.

I was just asking a question, not my intention to state anything as facts.

Venfayth

This is great news. I'm excited to try this game! Literally the only game along with MCC that made me want an xbone, but MCC made it easy to stay away. To be fair I think that game is doing better now, but with D4 coming to PC there's no way I'll be getting one for a long time.

Top Bottom