• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch: Buy Sonic Mania for EUR9.97 / USD11.70 on the Russian eShop

Dingens

since games are tied to your account... would I lose the game If I deleted the account afterwards?
because when I buy something with my European account I can also download the same thing from the japanese eShop it seems...

could anyone who bought the Russian version (with a separate account) take a look at the eShop for your true region to see if you would be allowed to download the game there?

since games are tied to your account... would I lose the game If I deleted the account afterwards?
because when I buy something with my European account I can also download the same thing from the japanese eShop it seems...

could anyone who bought the Russian version (with a separate account) take a look at the eShop for your true region to see if you would be allowed to download the game there?

It seems that once you have a game tied to your account it's tied there forever. I bought the Russian version, changed back to US then deleted the game. After deleting, I just redownloaded the game on the eshop with no problems whatsoever.

For once in a long time a good Sonic game, where a lot of hard work went into making it, comes along,

and this is how you're gonna play it? By cheating them?

It's even budget price already, at $19.99

Shiggy

same, trying from website since I am at work. is it dead? fUUU

Might be more of an issue with North American credit cards not working on that store.

For once in a long time a good Sonic game, where a lot of hard work went into making it, comes along,

and this is how you're gonna play it? By cheating them?

It's even budget price already, at $19.99

Ever heard of globalisation? :)
Companies do the same, now customers follow.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
A few weeks back I made a Japanese account for shits & giggles but I ended up deleting it because I don't think I'll ever use it.

Now if I can just get all the Japanese news to stop appearing in my Switch newsfeed we'll be in business.

Chucker

Yeah, I was going to do this since I'm having such a garbage time with the XBO version, but if it can't take US Cards... I might sit this one out.

A few weeks back I made a Japanese account for shits & giggles but I ended up deleting it because I don't think I'll ever use it.

Now if I can just get all the Japanese news to stop appearing in my Switch newsfeed we'll be in business.

You can unsubscribe to the Japanese news in the System Settings of the Switch under News Channel Settings.

Shiggy

Seems to be only an issue if you create a separate account. No such issues with just briefly changing the region for the purchase.

I got a German Visa card, will this work? Where do I play it? Directly on the Nintendo website?

Should work from my experience. Just change the country, and then you can even buy it via the German Nintendo website, which will then display the price in RUB.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Pals, I know. Gray market is not illegal and everything. But please, don't screw over the people with lower purchase power that these cheaper prices are meant for. It already happened with Origin and Mexico. :( .

Ennosuke

I got a German Visa card, will this work? Where do I play it? Directly on the Nintendo website?

I used my German visa card. It worked. Just try it out. After buying it, start up your switch and connect to the eshop. I was asked to enter my password and went back to home, where sonic already was downloading.

Did the website ask for your password? Mine did and then gave me an error message (in Russian). However, when I went back to the linked page, and refreshed, the price showed up in roubles and I was able to complete the transaction.

Oh yea I've only attempted on the russian store even went to change the country region on bottom of website just says check your information over and over in russian, it just wasn't meant to be.

moai

Bought. Thanks op. This wont last though. On xbox ms wised up and blocked purchases on cheaper stores or matched the higher prices from the us or europe.
I hope nintendo doesnt do that.

CANLI

Bought it with a belgian credit cart without problem.

Don't forget to check the box on the last page .

Thanks a lot.
I decided to buy it when there will be a sale. Incredible !!

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Bought. Thanks op. This wont last though. On xbox ms wised up and blocked purchases on cheaper stores or matched the higher prices from the us or europe.
I hope nintendo doesnt do that.

And that sucks for us, less fortunate fellow gamers living in poorer countries. :(

PetrCobra

It tells me that changing the country of residence of my Nintendo Account will disable the link between my Account and my NNID. Should I worry about this?

daxy

As much as it's nice to get it cheap, I really think that in cases such as these--where prices are meant to reflect relative purchasing power--stores should be locked to residents of said country. Publishers do catch on to this stuff and tend to raise prices to a height that people in the country itself cannot afford it.

Codiox

I used my German visa card. It worked. Just try it out. After buying it, start up your switch and connect to the eshop. I was asked to enter my password and went back to home, where sonic already was downloading.

nice, worked like a charm. i just switched my U.S. account to russia, bought it with my german visa and switched it back to U.S.

the download even starts automatic.

thanks OP!

edit: are the russian prices always like this? maybe it would be good to make a russian account if this is the case...

Showing up as 18 € for me? Which would be $21 USD.

pU1c.png

Djostikk

Thanks for the correction, assumed it's the same price across all platforms. On the Xbox store it's also RUB699.

It's always weird when it comes to PS Store in Russia. Games are often come cheaper on Switch and Xbone stores, mostly indie games or something mid-tear. Pricing during discounts is different, too, and not in a favor of PS Store.

After I click to purchase and enter my password, it keeps going to am error 9001-0026 page that's all in russian and won't complete and this has happened 6 times now.

I guess I'll have to try on my Switch itself later after work.

Has anyone in Canada had any luck with this?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
It's always weird when it comes to PS Store in Russia. Games are often come cheaper on Switch and Xbone stores, mostly indie games or something mid-tear. Pricing during discounts is different, too, and not in a favor of PS Store.

In Mexico, PSN charges in USD and at the USA prices.

Top Bottom