• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Reports Results for Q3 2015: GTA V 45 million shipped (10 million next gen)

Pezus

Biggest GTA by a humongous distance,

I didn't expect such insane sales for next-gen o_O. I think the game can go on to sell 55m+ with the PC version and ongoing sales of other versions

GTA-5-Easy-Money-Guide.jpg

dLMN8R

It's 10 million shipped not sold through

It's shipped though, not sold.

There are probably millions of PS4/PS3/XB1/X360 copies sitting on shelves world wide.

Shipped is the key word :p

It's money in 2K's and Rockstar's pockets. That's all they care about. Retailers are seeing enough demand for the game that they purchased that many units to stock their shelves with. It's not like 2K is shipping copies to retailers against the will of those retailers. They're paying for it. It's money already spent.

The whole "It's shipped! Not sold!" doesn't matter to earnings reports.

FireCloud

I wonder how much is from double (or triple) dipping? I waited on it last gen because I figured it had to make a next gen appearance. Glad that gamble paid off as least in part. I also gambled on Batman Origins making it over to next gen. That didn't seem to pan out.

It's money in 2K's and Rockstar's pockets. That's all they care about. Retailers are seeing enough demand for the game that they purchased that many units to stock their shelves with. It's not like 2K is shipping copies to retailers against the will of those retailers. They're paying for it. It's money already spent.

The whole "It's shipped! Not sold!" doesn't matter to earnings reports.

I never said it did matter. I was just saying that I doubt it sold more than CoD on current gen consoles in response to that poster.

Floridian

I wonder how much is from double (or triple) dipping? I waited on it last gen because I figured it had to make a next gen appearance. Glad that gamble paid off as least in part. I also gambled on Batman Origins making it over to next gen. That didn't seem to pan out.

I only had to pay $30 for the next-gen copy from a Target deal.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Headed for $1 billion in digital. Good on TTWO.

You sure? Or I may be blind.

All I see is 60% retail, 40% digital

Net revenue was $ 782,849 for the nine months ending in December.

45 million copies sold!?!?!?!?!? And only on consoles!? No wonder Rockstar doesn't prioritize PC! Good Lord!

And 10 million on new gen is bananas!

Exentryk

Happy to see big open world games do these kind of sales. Well deserved, and hopefully it becomes an inspiration for other companies.

jvm

Gamasutra.
What's Ubisoft at these days?

They feel so far behind out of the big four, at least empirically.
I think $300 million, at best. For FY14 they did €195 million and then €134.7 million in 1H15. If we assume that they did €97 million in the latter half of FY14 and add that to the €134.7 million so far this year, we get €233 million. Google tells me that's about $267 million.

KePoW

Banned
Do yall think it's possible that the PC version sells another 5M? I know PC ports usually don't sell much total, but now I'm wondering about GTA5

Yeah so GTAV sold pretty well on PS4/XB1 then

Curious to hear whatever Rockstars next game is as they seem to be most of what makes Take-Two money at this point

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That's only in the US and XB1/PS4 are very close to it. Worldwide it's definitely:

1. PS4
2. XB1

Good point. I should have clarified that I was talking specifically about NPD data (so no digital, either).

Top Bottom