• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Reports Results for Q3 2015: GTA V 45 million shipped (10 million next gen)

Rockstar made all the right choices by leaving the current generation of consoles off the table and focusing on the large last generation console base when they released the game originally in 2013. Porting the game later as a remaster was smart. Now hurry up and release the PC port.

Crazy and well-deserved. All that needs to happen is deliver on a good PC port.

Also I think the game made a change to the formula such as the playable characters that will stick forever going into the future of the franchise. I can't imagine playing another GTA where you always have other protagonists but can't play them. GTA has always had major characters with the main character and it just fits so right. I think that'll be a permanent thing of the franchise going forward. It works lovely.

asmudge

Banned
I think i put in 300 hours between both versions. Best sandbox design ever.

I just wish they brought the mechanic, insurance and other features from their boring ass MMO to the singleplayer. Cant count the number of times i lost a fully modified car whether in a garage or it didnt spawn in the broken impound system.

Dawg

B9ANnJZIgAACJ7p.png:large

Dezeer

Do we know how many copies has GTA IV sold on PC? Just to get an estimate on what GTA V might sell.

Let me Quote myself:

Do we know how much GTA4 did on PC?
Arstechnica reports numbers for March 30th 2014 for copies on Steam to be between 2.1 million and 2.6 million plus any physical copies, that 'one' tracking site says 0.8 million, and it might have sold two copies through GFWL marketplace.

Btw this is the Arstechnica article: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/steam-gauge-addressing-your-questions-and-concerns/2/

I remember in a thread a while back about half a year before GTAV's release someone here was arguing that GTAV would assuredly sell less than GTAIV because the latter left a bitter taste in most people's mouth and Rockstar had lost its good faith. He was so sure of this that he was willing to bet $100 on it.

I wonder what that guy is thinking now.

i read that very kind of comments in another forums as well, there;s always people like that though

I remember in a thread a while back about half a year before GTAV's release someone here was arguing that GTAV would assuredly sell less than GTAIV because the latter left a bitter taste in most people's mouth and Rockstar had lost its good faith. He was so sure of this that he was willing to bet $100 on it.

I wonder what that guy is thinking now.

GTA V even outsold GTA IV lifetime sales in its first few weeks such was the resentment towards GTA.

Horns

I wonder how many more years people will try to attack RockStar and GTA? They've done exceptionally well and they will probably do even better with their next installment.

Another game another lawsuit. It's ridiculous. They've done this for years. The public should just let them be.

People set their expectations too high, especially on GAF. That's why you'll often see a better than average open world title praised as being better than GTA. Because no one had any expectations.

Massa

People set their expectations too high, especially on GAF. That's why you'll often see a better than average open world title praised as being better than GTA. Because no one had any expectations.

Or maybe it's because people like the characters in those worlds better than the ones in GTA?

Announced that Sid Meier’s Starships™ is planned for launch on PC, Mac and iPad in spring 2015. This turn-based, tactical space combat game will feature cross-connectivity and unlockable bonuses with Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth.
wat

Now I fully regret my purchase of CivBE. Bah.

Stormus

3rd best selling game of all time, and really the best selling game of all time that isn't released with the debut of a console/hardware.

Gilly

45 Million!!! Hot damn, does this mean it's the best selling non bundled game (ignoring ps4 bundle sales part of the 45) of all time?

I'm really not happy that WWE 2K15 sold 40% more than the previous year after being a HUGE downgrade from the year prior.

I just hope 2K learns from this and stop the terrible micro-transactions for this game and bring back the MANY features that they removed.

Holy shit, what a number.

And to think I keep forgetting the game actually came out! Maybe I'll play it one day; I miss Vice City.

Top Bottom