• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria launches on January 24

It's a massive open-world game and Sony has a history of delays this gen. If it does, I wouldn't be surprised.

It'd be really fascinating if that game wound up going directly against Zelda.

Uncharted was delayed three times. Holiday 2015 --> March --> April --> May.
How would that be possible

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You fucked up, Namco. Is there some bet between Japanese publishers daring each other to release their biggest games on the same date in the U.S.?

BTW, updating the list of what the first three months of 2017 will look like in North America:

Jan. 20: Gravity Rush 2
Jan. 24: Kingdom Hearts HD II.8
Jan. 24: Resident Evil 7
Jan. 24: Yakuza 0
Jan. 24: Tales of Berseria
Feb. 9: Ni-Oh
Feb. 14: Persona 5
Feb. 14: Sniper Elite 4
Feb. 14: For Honor
Feb. 21: Halo Wars 2
Feb. 23: Nier: Automata
Feb. 28: Horizon: Zero Dawn
March 7: Ghost Recon: Wildlands
March: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Q1 2017: Mass Effect: Andromeda
Q1 2017: Tekken 7
Q1 2017: Sea of Thieves
Q1 2017: South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Q1 2017: Fate/Extella
Q1 2017: Akiba's Beat
Q1 2017: Torment: Tides of Numenera
Q1 2017: Danganronpa 1 + 2 Reload
Q1 2017: Yooka-Laylee
Q1 2017: Squadron 42 (probably, heh)

Lynx_7

It's a massive open-world game and Sony has a history of delays this gen. If it does, I wouldn't be surprised.

It'd be really fascinating if that game wound up going directly against Zelda.

Uncharted was delayed three times. Holiday 2015 --> March --> April --> May.

Oh, good, so it's gonna be released on April then. BOTW on May. That sounds viable to me.
And then Square announces KH3, FF VII Remake part 1 and Nier in the same months.

How would that be possible

In the hypothetical situation Zelda and Horizon both go in March.

I want that to happen to bring out the console wars like never before.

Oh, good, so it's gonna be released on April then. BOTW on May. That sounds viable to me.
And then Square announces KH3, FF VII Remake part 1 and Nier in the same months.

January 31:

"SURPRISE! In honour of FFVII's 20th anniversary, the FFVII remake is available right now!"

So Gravity Rush 2 will be delayed again confirmed?

The more I think about it, the weirder the decision to delay it is. The game almost seems like it'd have been better off if they sucked it up and rolled with December at this point.

antibolo

Banned
You guys do realize you don't need to buy games at launch, right? They'll still exist later. Cheaper, even.

I honestly don't understand why this is such a big deal.

You fucked up, Namco. Is there some bet between Japanese publishers daring each other to release their biggest games on the same date in the U.S.?

BTW, updating the list of what the first three months of 2017 will look like in North America:

Who thought this was ok!!! Did they all sit around a table

"Hey I bet my game can outsell your game in a crowded month"
"Nu uh let's see"
"Hey I want in on this bet let me add my game"

Edit: doesn't help 11 of those are all only ps4(console wise) too they're taking a sales hit for sure

Zolo

You guys do realize you don't need to buy games at launch, right? They'll still exist later. Cheaper, even.

Personally, I'd just be more worried about them eating each other's sales. I want more games like these, so I don't want their day-one sales to drop because of this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can someone please post here what the official PC requirements for this game are ? Wanna see if my mid-tier laptop can play it or not.

Jeels

That is an absolutely insane amount of medium to big budget Japanese games in a two month span. It's like Japanese developers decided to have their own holiday period away from the western guys lol. I was interested in just about all of those but it looks like it will just be Yakuza and Persona for me, with a maybe Nier depending on how reviews are.

Has there ever been a delayed localization?

3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII.

For me it doesn't matter since I'm unlikely to buy all of those games, much less at launch, but I can get being concerned since a lot of publishers and retailers emphasize early, full-priced sales.

Corpekata

Banned
Can someone please post here what the official PC requirements for this game are ? Wanna see if my mid-tier laptop can play it or not.

They aren't out yet. Probably won't be for a month or two, though I can't imagine it's much more demanding than Zestiria. It still has a PS3 version after all.

Lynx_7

Personally, I'd just be more worried about them eating each other's sales. I want more games like these, so I don't want their day-one sales to drop because of this.

That and the fact that there won't be as many people to discuss the game with post-release. Also people start getting more careless with spoilers the farther we are from release date.

Yeah the date sucks for those interested in picking this up, after the last few Tales games though I'll wait to hear if its actually good or not before I even think about buying it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Goodbye wallet

Me now

Man-working.jpg

Me in 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

Nier was not announced for America for February.

Bladenic

Pre-ordered the CE but holy fuck it's expensive. Dunno if I'll keep it, especially with other games coming out. Plus it doesn't seem to be getting the Amazon prime discount :(

matmanx1

Wow, did not expect that release date and I can't say that I am happy about it. January is already WAY too stacked with stuff I want to play and is right before the insanity that will be February.

Something's going to have to give and it will probably be Tales. Might have to wait for a Steam sale for it.

kewlmyc

A good number of the games releasing in that time period are games that I've been waiting for for a while and want to play as soon as I can. Having them release so close to each other is inconvenient.

Probably only getting Berseria, Persona 5, and Nier Automata at launch now.

Zedark

Wow, I need that collector's edition! Is it up for sale already? (My retailers haven't listen it) Or will it not be released in Europe (EU blog doesn't mention it)?
Plz Namco, I'm begging you!

Edit: oh wow, it is a bit expensive, though. May have to reconsider this.

Cornbread78

Sooo close to Persona 5

Dammit! I don't care, I'm going to play the shit out of it. I just hope I can finish FF XV by then.

I want to support the genre by buying day 1. But no way I can fork out the money for 4 games all at full price in the first month of the year.

I was actually planning to save up in January for February.......

DNAbro

It's not just getting to play the games, it's supporting the series.

Top Bottom