• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End: New Devon Multiplayer Map [Also UC2 Village Returns]

Spinluck

Would be nice if village went unchanged outside of a nice graphical update and the removal of the tank.

The game could use some tamer maps.

robotrock

Banned
Naughty Dog, please enable Uncharted 2 1.04 MP mode for the village map and I will play plunder on it for the rest of my life

Nev

Banned
I really didn't expect them to bring back the best map. Expected London Streets or some other troll move if anything.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Did they ever fix the pricing on the chests?
Last I saw they had ridiculously increased the amount needed to open one when the pirate content came out.

They're really going to bring back village? We gonna end up getting an old map every time a new maps released or something? They already used a ton of old maps for U3 DLC. Hope they don't do it again.

Revven

Last I saw they had ridiculously increased the amount needed to open one when the pirate content came out.

No, they haven't. Not with this update that came out today, at least.

They're really going to bring back village? We gonna end up getting an old map every time a new maps released or something? They already used a ton of old maps for U3 DLC. Hope they don't do it again.

They were originally against it up to now but something must have changed to cause them to decide to remake Village. As to your bolded, I hope they do bring back a ton of classic maps because the 3 lane map design in 4 is really starting to get tiring. All the maps barely standout from each other because of it and you rarely need to play any one map differently from the other like you did on the old maps (because the old maps didn't conform to one design philosophy). And they seem to be very resistant to break away from the 3 lane map design, so much so the only way I can see us getting any maps that don't follow it are the old ones.

bombshell

How can you increase something that hasn't been there before? The gameplay item chests are expensive because maps are free.

Hope details on the Co-op stuff comes next month. It's supposed to be out in the autumn.

From the blog.
qWYAVFo.png

Revven

Naughty Dog doesn't and hasn't displayed MP player numbers since Uncharted 2. So, we don't have exact figures at all but there's plenty of people playing it every day. The game isn't dead by any means, you can find games very quickly in every mode.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Don't feel much of a draw to the competitive multiplayer, despite loving it in 2. Will definitely jump into the co-op when that's out, just for an excuse to play around with the combat more.

dugdug

Banned
Uncharted 4's MP is probably the most disappointing thing I've played this year. How is there still only 3 modes?

That said, you're goddamn right I want to see Village again.

WinFonda

village is a fantastic choice for a returning map, definitely one of the best in the series!

I still want the beach locale from U4 tho, multiple mini-islands separated by water with ziplines and rope swings to traverse them... would make objective modes a lot of fun.

speaking of objective modes... pleaaase, please let that new team oriented mode coming in september be team objective, or some kinda rotating objective mode.

Josh378

They still don't punish people who leave in the middle of a game and screw the other team at a crucial time. They need to give those players a time-out.

Top Bottom