• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria: Today Is The Last Day To Get Free Alisha Story DLC + Bonus DLCs

eefara

I had the ce on preorder but had to cancel, bummed but I'll live! Glad I can still get the Alisha DLC. I was able to get that on PSN, from the store page, but I couldn't seem to redeem the DLC code or Theme code from bandainamco's website (this was before I got it from the store). What regions are those codes for?

Mine's not redeeming on PSN, either. :/

Thanks. :)

However it's weird that although the content appears in my download list if I go to the actual product page it still asks for money rather than saying 'purchased'.

Sagitario

For the North American side, I believe only the Alisha is free on the store.

The Mystic Artes and 20th anniversary theme was in the Collector's edition (which also included the Alisha DLC and the classic costumes).

There is also a theme in the Prima guide. I'm not sure if it is different from the Collector's edition.

I believe PSN had a pre-order bonus but I don't remember.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

So, no Mystic Artes and theme in NA unless you purchased the CE? Someone confirm, please!

Hexa

For the North American side, I believe only the Alisha is free on the store.

The Mystic Artes and 20th anniversary theme was in the Collector's edition (which also included the Alisha DLC and the classic costumes).

There is also a theme in the Prima guide. I'm not sure if it is different from the Collector's edition.

I believe PSN had a pre-order bonus but I don't remember.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Awwwww. Bummer. :(
Oh well. At least I got the Alisha DLC. Thanks OP!

ShyMel

Thanks for the reminded! Probably won't but Zestiria for a couple months but it's best to go ahead and get this.

I can't find it on the PS4 storefront and when I try to do it through my computer it says there is an error and it can't add to cart? Any ideas?

Edit: Nvm I found it, had to scroll through the list of all released dlc

Mr-Joker

Banned
A bit silly how you have to get it via Namco website but eh at least I got it, now I need to redeem it and buy the game.

I will probably end up getting the PS3 version.

is there a US version for those qq

Him, hadn't noticed whether it was EU exclusive. The link in the OP still goes to the bandainamcoent.eu website for the main DLc, which it says is "worldwide", but I guess I'm not actually sure if it works in the US.

Edit:

From the linked blog post:

Note that the codes provided for PlayStation users are region locked to European accounts only but the PC version is available for every Steam user. Make sure to redeem it before tomorrow as it won’t be valid after!

Welp. Guess that probably means any of the codes they give out on the bandainamcoent.eu website are region locked except for Steam stuff. That's too bad.

Can't activate the code on Steam unless you already own the game so if you don't own the game and the code expires tomorrow it's kinda sorta pointless to bother. That's probably obvious that you can't acquire DLC for a base game you don't own yet.

Akara

Banned
Him, hadn't noticed whether it was EU exclusive. The link in the OP still goes to the bandainamcoent.eu website for the main DLc, which it says is "worldwide", but I guess I'm not actually sure if it works in the US.

Edit:

From the linked blog post:

Welp. Guess that probably means any of the codes they give out on the bandainamcoent.eu website are region locked except for Steam stuff. That's too bad.

200_s.gif
Why BN WHY

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm not sure what platform I'll end up getting it on but I redeemed the PS4 code anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

a bit off-topic: will r1 dlc work with the r3 version of this game? this worked for me for tox and tox2 (both games were r3 and the r1 dlc I bought worked).

SpotAnime

Thqnks OP. Had no idea there was free DLC, at least none I had to actively download. Next step, make time to play this game!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
For some reason thought that the Alisha DLC was included with the preorder on Steam so never bothered to check. Turns out it wasn't, so thanks for the reminder OP! :)

Already got the Aisha's dlc. Own the Mystic Arte dlc on my steam account since that's only a pre-order bonus. Didn't pre-order on PS4. No biggie.

cwistofu

Can't activate the code on Steam unless you already own the game so if you don't own the game and the code expires tomorrow it's kinda sorta pointless to bother. That's probably obvious that you can't acquire DLC for a base game you don't own yet.

What if you buy on Steam, activate code on Steam, then get a refund for the main game? How does that work?

grimmiq

Checked the Bandai Namco website, already sent me a code, put it in PSN and got an error..Loaded up the game and Alisha's Story was there, was able to select and seemed like it started up fine. Guess I already redeemed despite the story saying I need to buy it.

Mine's not redeeming on PSN, either. :/

Same here. The Mystic Artes and themes code worked but I'm getting a "may not be correct or may no longer be valid" error for the Alisha's Story one.

Edit: Tried it on the PS4 and it said it'd already been used.

Boss Mog

Thanks for the heads up OP. Disappointed that I didnt se Zestiria in any of the Black Friday ads. Maybe Amazon'll come through for me though.

Created a new account, got a new code and it worked. Though it is kinda weird. Alisha's Story doesn't show up as purchased when I look at it on the store and in my download list, it shows that I've got Alisha's Conviction on PS4 and Alisha's Story on PS3.

ViciousDS

Banned
Thanks op!
Just grabbed it and the game since I got $15 back from the promo

Also.....there's an evangelion costume set......fuck.....must.....resist.... The.......temptation!!!!!!!!!!

Topics like this are awesome. There have been several times in the past where DLC has been free for a period of time and I (and I'm sure many others) have missed them due to missing out on announcements or something. Hopefully people in the community do something like this more often. So thanks OP and the CM who posted the blog.

mugwhump

Oh. Poop. Didn't know the code expired tomorrow. Weeeelp.

Xenus

Is there a way to tell if it's redeemed? I just opened my collectors edition and redeemed it but it and the costumes didn't show in my download list?

Top Bottom