• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

BigEmil

Hope there's a new PS4 Pro model at E3 if not I'll get one in a eventual sale will be playing this on OG PS4 for now
DBKRE7HXgAcXfgl.jpg:large

not...fair...
Anyone got a link for this?

I am terrible at this game. Last Tekken game I actually played was 6. Bought Tag2 but didn't get into it as much as I wanted to.

Any good videos/players I can watch for Dragunov/Bryan? Need to do some research before I get home from work.

Want to get it on PC too since I got a 1080ti but the no cross play is really hurting it for me. Might wait for a deep sale.

Doomshine

I am terrible at this game. Last Tekken game I actually played was 6. Bought Tag2 but didn't get into it as much as I wanted to.

Any good videos/players I can watch for Dragunov/Bryan? Need to do some research before I get home from work.

Want to get it on PC too since I got a 1080ti but the no cross play is really hurting it for me. Might wait for a deep sale.
Look up Nobi and JDCR for Dragunov.

Rajang

T7 is much easier. TTT2 was one of the most difficult fighting games ever lol.

Dragunov = Nobi or JDCR
Bryan = Knee or Mr Naps a.k.a Jimmy J Tran

Yudoken

You can already can get it for really cheap on several websites.

T7 is much more accessible and less bullshit than TT2 (even veterans hate it to play competitive or online).

I think you should join a discord and meet up with other similarities players and play against them.

You need to take the pressure off first, just have fun mashing and trying out.

Tekken 7 is easy to learn but hard to master, so don't start mastering first and just have casual fun.

Most of my friends struggle even doing simple combos in SF V but we casually play Tekken and they're buying it now on pc because they will play again other casual players.

cordy

Banned

?

How are you terrible? What's your issue with it? I mean if the last one you've played is 6 you can't be too bad.

?

How are you terrible? What's your issue with it? I mean if the last one you've played is 6 you can't be too bad.

It's been like 8 or 9 years since I last played it. Just got to get back into the groove of the game.

Guess I will look up JDCR and Knee. I've seen some stuff from the first release of FR.

cordy

Banned
It's been like 8 or 9 years since I last played it. Just got to get back into the groove of the game.

Guess I will look up JDCR and Knee. I've seen some stuff from the first release of FR.

Oh yeah I feel you yeah that initial jump in is something lol.

Marvel

could never
Some of these moves require a damn stick lol, like A and Y or X and B together presses. I gotta claw my pad sometimes haha

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Some of these moves require a damn stick lol, like A and Y or X and B together presses. I gotta claw my pad sometimes haha

Yea even in the ps1 days me and my friends often put the gamepad on our knee for stability so we can hit the face buttons like a fight stick but still hold the dpad with our other hand.

Marvel

could never
I just uploaded my first time playing (just training) it got muted :( I take it I'll have to turn music down to zero then.

Yeah, I also play Jack.

What about you?
Jin, Kazuya, Hwoarang I think. But he went through some significant changes from T5-->T6

but I'm going to main Kazuma Kiryu once they announce him in the game. They just need to, announce him in the game.

(please Bandai Namco, put him in the fucking game)

MoogleMan

I played most of my tekken (2-4) on pad. And king was my main in 3. The trick is to hold the pad with your left hand normally, but in your right hand almost like claw grip (which I hate) but not quite. I don't use the triggers at all. My left index and middle fingers can easily reach any combination of the face buttons. Plus for tag2 it was easy to tag out by using my left index finger to tap the side of the right analog stick.

Much easier done than said really, and it feels really natural.

edit: The best way to describe it is like holding the right side of the controller like your pc's mouse.

Am I the only one playing Tag 2 in preparation for Friday?

I've never really gotten into Tekken and playing Tag 2 has made me a fucking believer. I was hesitant on preordering but now I cannot wait for 7.

Nah I'm playing Tag 2 too! Are you playing online?

It's funny really I was never really that much into Tekken (aside from Tekken 3) until I met my current circle of friends a few years ago which got me into Tekken 6. I thought T6 felt off though and once Tag 2 released we played it each week for hours on end. Now after seeing T7 I got absolutely hyped for it in the last two weeks! :D

luulubuu

I asked in the OT but no response;

Does the game display my country/region information in some way? I have never been a fan of that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Prolly cuz it went up urley. Aren't OTs supposed to go live on launch day?

Technically, yes, but there's some leeway, in part because of time zone differences. Putting up an OT the day before release is perfectly fine, even if it's not the day of release elsewhere in the world.

Top Bottom