• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit61

I was hoping he'd win. His death fist party style worked good for poongko.

Bonus gif of more Akuma weirdness:

lfRYUVx.gif

13znV2g.gif

Vacation in Portugal? You gotta tell us how it was when you get back.

It's been fun, very much a family affair. We rented a house in Cascais for a week, quite old but pretty posh. The weather's been nice and warm, quite happy to have caught some sunshine one last time before winter. Public transportation is super cheap so we took the train to Belém and Lisbon proper a few days, saw some very nice museums and old churches and the castle of s. Jorge. The military museum in Lisbon is amazing. ^.^

Evenings have been sitting around talking, watching bad movies and sipping homemade mojitos or portuguese wine~ Great time overall.

sasuke_91

True

But I didn't lose
today
and that's all that matters

I'll make sure this won't happen ever again ;p

uIqSypU.gif

Not even Lars could pull this off. 'mazin.

Ugh, this gif is awful. Getting those uf+3 vibes.

I don't know about the frame data after Hwo's Rage Drive (I could imagine it's at least +8 on hit), but that launcher (RFF f+4~4) is pretty fast (14f if they haven't changed it), so this move crushes at pretty early frames...

It's been fun, very much a family affair. We rented a house in Cascais for a week, quite old but pretty posh. The weather's been nice and warm, quite happy to have caught some sunshine one last time before winter. Public transportation is super cheap so we took the train to Belém and Lisbon proper a few days, saw some very nice museums and old churches and the castle of s. Jorge. The military museum in Lisbon is amazing. ^.^

Evenings have been sitting around talking, watching bad movies and sipping homemade mojitos or portuguese wine~ Great time overall.

Sounds very nice. Portugal is a country I definitely want to visit someday.

Dereck

If this Akuma fuckery persists I'm not sure how long I can stay interested in watching this game competitively. He's a Tekken character so it's objectively fair for him to vomit out whatever he wants but to me he's messy, broken and he makes Tekken generally harder to enjoy.

Cheers to the future nerfs.

EDIT: If I get my hands on the next OT, the first post is going to be a few sentences basically saying "if you have any questions, ask" that's gonna be it. If you don't want that, make the OT yourself, just warning you guys, it'll be worse than this.

If this Akuma fuckery persists I'm not sure how long I can stay interested in watching this game competitively. He's a Tekken character so it's objectively fair for him to vomit out whatever he wants but to me he's messy, broken and he makes Tekken generally harder to enjoy.

Cheers to the future nerfs.

EDIT: If I get my hands on the next OT, the first post is going to be a few sentences basically saying "if you have any questions, ask" that's gonna be it. If you don't want that, make the OT yourself, just warning you guys, it'll be worse than this.

Old Build Dereck. Calm down.

You probably know more than me, but from what I've heard, he's still good in Version D

Old build or not though, Akuma is ass

Akuma is good but he's not "broken" in D. Most of the problem with Akuma is just him not being a Tekken character and that makes him hard to deal with. This was a conscious decision by Namco.

I see why you call him ass but if you're basing this on current American footage, yeah we don't know how to beat Akuma yet. Especially not Poonko's who thrives off of characters like Akuma. So its mad slanted even with Akuma being too good.

AAK

Just looking at his frame data, damage output, and crushing/invincible moves I still think Akuma is the best in the game even in Version D.

So there was a Wizard World event not too far from where I lived. In Tulsa, OK.

Why didn't you guys tell me?

I honestly didn't know about it either until the ATP episode a day before it started.

GrayFoxPL

Sounds relaxing and pleasant. Good time, thanks for impressions :).

That face is killing me. XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finished watching Canada Cup archive from yesterday. Aris leading 2:0, starting trolling and losing 3 rounds straight to Mishimized was most deserving thing in pools.

Also what's up with Aris firing up 4,4 with Drag all the time? I clearly remember in his Dragonuv tutorial him saying to avoid using that shit because it's high, high and slow.

Alas it would be great to see Aris winning T7 tourney on Sunday.

GrayFoxPL

Oh I forgot: GGs to your bro Sasuke. Sorry, the net died on me mid match.

He's really good now. Like 2.5 upgrade. Couldn't take any advantage on him. He was rolling me by the end. I get the feeling he's already figured out my style.
When he launch punished my running shredders I was like:

uBaocUJ.gif

Really excited to play him again.

sasuke_91

Oh I forgot: GGs to your bro Sasuke. Sorry, the net died on me mid match.

He's really good now. Like 2.5 upgrade. Couldn't take any advantage on him. He was rolling me by the end. I get the feeling he's already figured out my style.
When he launch punished my running shredders I was like:

uBaocUJ.gif

Really excited to play him again.

His execution is better than mine and he doesn't show mercy like me. He still lacks experience though. Gets caught by simple gimmicks and keeps pushing buttons when he shouldn't.
Problem is, that's stuff I don't get right myself, so I can't really help him with that.

I dunno man, you phrased the question like 1. we all know where you live (I know I don't), and 2. it's our responsibility to tell you. I figured if you were interested in Wizard World you would have went to the website, looked it up and went like I did.

I assumed he was joking.

Numb

His execution is better than mine and he doesn't show mercy like me. He still lacks experience though. Gets caught by simple gimmicks and keeps pushing buttons when he shouldn't.
Problem is, that's stuff I don't get right myself, so I can't really help him with that.
Yh noticed he was not used to gimmicks that you guys became immune to already from me
Just needs more play vs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom