• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Television Displays and Technology Thread: This is a fantasy based on OLED

Salaadin

Im in the market for a 4k Tv but I have a few questions/concerns and was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

I just moved into a house that was a former double but was converted to a single and the previous owners opted to have a rather large and open first floor. Because of this, there are some small hurdles that Im trying to jump over in order to make the most out of the living room space while not blocking off pathways and whatnot. I did up a rough sketch of what we settled on:

http://i.imgur.com/952qAz8.png

As you can see, the TV is crammed in a corner and the couches line the other side. This leaves the middle of the room open for anyone moving through the other doorways on either side. However, these leaves me with a viewing distance of anywhere from around 9 to 12 feet and all sorts of viewing angles...which leads me to my questions:

-How large of a TV should I be looking at. Those viewing distances are bigger than Im used to and I briefly had my 40 inch Samsung in that space and it looked tiny. I was thinking 50 inches but without owning a 50 inch TV to test, I dont want to get something have it still feel small. At the same time, bigger TVs are expensive and moneys tight right now.

-Whats the best type to get for these viewing angles?

-Im broke so I wont be making this purchase for a while but, when I do, Id like to keep it around 1300. Obviously, cheaper is better but I dont want something junky either.

-This will be primarily used to gaming with casual TV watching, sports, netflix. But gaming is the priority so low input lag is a huge plus.

BumRush

I replaced my Pioneer 500M with an OLED (first with two different LCDs because of $$$). Image retention on plasma was my main motivation. I still have a Panasonic and Hitachi plasma for gaming- far better motion performance and uniformity even compared to OLED. Also, I went from 50" to 55" to 60" to 65" in two years. I'm pleased with my OLED in comparison to my Kuro; it's an upgrade though not a huge one. The biggest draw is HDR... if you don't care about HDR I'd stick with your plasma.

Thanks. I might hold off for a little bit, to be honest. OLED does look insane, but I still get so many compliments on the picture of my plasma and I think it looks awesome. It's a 50" , so when I upgrade it will be more for size than anything else (65" )

Stiler

Im in the market for a 4k Tv but I have a few questions/concerns and was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

I just moved into a house that was a former double but was converted to a single and the previous owners opted to have a rather large and open first floor. Because of this, there are some small hurdles that Im trying to jump over in order to make the most out of the living room space while not blocking off pathways and whatnot. I did up a rough sketch of what we settled on:

http://i.imgur.com/952qAz8.png

As you can see, the TV is crammed in a corner and the couches line the other side. This leaves the middle of the room open for anyone moving through the other doorways on either side. However, these leaves me with a viewing distance of anywhere from around 9 to 12 feet and all sorts of viewing angles...which leads me to my questions:

-How large of a TV should I be looking at. Those viewing distances are bigger than Im used to and I briefly had my 40 inch Samsung in that space and it looked tiny. I was thinking 50 inches but without owning a 50 inch TV to test, I dont want to get something have it still feel small. At the same time, bigger TVs are expensive and moneys tight right now.

-Whats the best type to get for these viewing angles?

-Im broke so I wont be making this purchase for a while but, when I do, Id like to keep it around 1300. Obviously, cheaper is better but I dont want something junky either.

-This will be primarily used to gaming with casual TV watching, sports, netflix. But gaming is the priority so low input lag is a huge plus.

Are you more concerned about looks for your living room or about having a good tv viewing experience? Because the way that is you're not going to have anyone able to get a good centered viewing angle (which is quite important for modern 4k LCD tvs).

On top of that with 4k tv's you want to be able to sit closer (recommend 4.6-6.9ft for 55 inches, 5.1-8.4 for 65 inches).

So with that in mind your best option if you must keep the layout that way is OLED which have much better off-center viewing angles but are also more expensive.

You can get lucky and get a LG B6 oled for around 1400'ish right now or if you can afford it the c7 for slightly more.

If you don't mind turning the couch around and putting the tv against one of the walls where one side has a good front-on center view and you move it closer then you could get by with a decent 4k LCD tv like the X900E (for about 1300) or if you want to save money the TCL P607 for $649 or the P605 for $599 (which is the same tv but with a different remote from best buy).

Salaadin

Are you more concerned about looks for your living room or about having a good tv viewing experience? Because the way that is you're not going to have anyone able to get a good centered viewing angle (which is quite important for modern 4k LCD tvs).

On top of that with 4k tv's you want to be able to sit closer (recommend 4.6-6.9ft for 55 inches, 5.1-8.4 for 65 inches).

So with that in mind your best option if you must keep the layout that way is OLED which have much better off-center viewing angles but are also more expensive.

You can get lucky and get a LG B6 oled for around 1400'ish right now or if you can afford it the c7 for slightly more.

If you don't mind turning the couch around and putting the tv against one of the walls where one side has a good front-on center view and you move it closer then you could get by with a decent 4k LCD tv like the X900E (for about 1300) or if you want to save money the TCL P607 for $649 or the P605 for $599 (which is the same tv but with a different remote from best buy).

Hmmmm. Thanks for the information. I have some things to think about.

I'd say that more than 75% of the time, there will be two people watching TV and we will most likely sit in that middle corner. The reason for all the seating is because there are times where I'll have people over and they will need a place to sit. But TV viewing won't be that important during these times. Maybe I need to rethink this layout as a whole...

Madness

At those angles, either OLED or large screen IPS will be your best bet. Remember VA is superior to IPS in a lot of things, and upto 30 degrees off center is tolerable. But if you will primarily be off of the sides, something like a 65" IPS television would be best dor you.

As for the person with the X900E banding. It VA panel lottery. That is a slightly more egregious band dead center as opposed to vertical bands you can see throughout. But it is just the technology itself. Aee if you can return it and pray the next set has slightly better banding or gray uniformity.

Matticers

I'm gonna pull the trigger on a LG OLED in the next day or two but I can't decide which one to get between the C6, E6 and C7. I'd like a 3D set and the C6 is the cheapest but it only has 3 HDMI inputs when I'd prefer 4 and it's curved. The E6 is the most expensive and has 4 inputs and 3D but I doubt it's worth paying that much more than the C6. And the C7 I can pick up for the same price as the C6 and it has the increased brightness and lower input lag. I'm so torn between the three, haha. I know it kind of comes down to how much I really want 3D but if anyone has experience with them, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm gonna pull the trigger on a LG OLED in the next day or two but I can't decide which one to get between the C6, E6 and C7. I'd like a 3D set and the C6 is the cheapest but it only has 3 HDMI inputs when I'd prefer 4 and it's curved. The E6 is the most expensive and has 4 inputs and 3D but I doubt it's worth paying that much more than the C6. And the C7 I can pick up for the same price as the C6 and it has the increased brightness and lower input lag. I'm so torn between the three, haha. I know it kind of comes down to how much I really want 3D but if anyone has experience with them, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
C6 if you really love 3D, otherwise definitely C7. Also, I've just downloaded an update on my C6 that greatly dims HDR game mode, the hell?

Chopini

Neo Member

If price is the same, definitely C7. Accurate color in low input lag game mode is a gamechanger for me. Not to mention lower input lag and brighter and lesser abl for anime and all 16:9 materials.

I'm about to pick up C7/B7 for myself, already sold my B6. Just waiting the price to come down. It is still $1500 more expensive at the ment in where I live.

Macaco84

Following on from my posts above about my sony xe90 banding issue, i called the store today and they are happy to do an exchange. Phew!

Hoping it is third time lucky with my replacement!

Aren't you slowly going to run out of 3D stuff to watch? I just did a quick browse of recent and upcoming releases on Blu Ray and 3D is pretty much not a thing anymore? Hence why it's not in the TVs.

What are you planning to do with 3D?

Matticers

Aren't you slowly going to run out of 3D stuff to watch? I just did a quick browse of recent and upcoming releases on Blu Ray and 3D is pretty much not a thing anymore? Hence why it's not in the TVs.

What are you planning to do with 3D?

I'd probably run out eventually, yeah. I figured it would be cool to check out some 3D stuff with people every now and then. But I have a decent sized collection of about 40 3D movies already since I'm a bit of a movie collector. It's not even something I would use that often, more of a change of pace thing or it would be something to try if someone was curious about it. Thanks for the suggestions. The C7 probably is the better choice.

e90Mark

Depends on your usage. The input lag improvement will come in handy if you game.

I really enjoy having 3D on my C6, as it's the best 3D experience I've had. (Previous owner of W802 and FN8500)

If you have the library for it or plan on buying a lot of 3D releases, it might be worth it.
I wish more studios would do a 4k + 3D combo release. There's a handful of them, and most recently GotG 2 will feature a BB exclusive for it.

I'd probably run out eventually, yeah. I figured it would be cool to check out some 3D stuff with people every now and then. But I have a decent sized collection of about 40 3D movies already since I'm a bit of a movie collector. It's not even something I would use that often, more of a change of pace thing or it would be something to try if someone was curious about it. Thanks for the suggestions. The C7 probably is the better choice.

Got you, yeah that might make more sense.

All things being equal, C7 may be a better choice. Different scenario entirely if you can get a great price on an X6 model though, as the panels are roughly equivalent.

Macaco84

Can anyone recommend a good link to some youtube footage to test screen uniformity for when i receive my (2nd replacement) tv? I want to catch any issues before the delivery men drive away and i need to be quick about it. So ideally the video will show up defects like banding, vignetting, dse etc very quickly (within first minute).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
On top of that with 4k tv's you want to be able to sit closer (recommend 4.6-6.9ft for 55 inches, 5.1-8.4 for 65 inches)

Hmm, interesting. Wasn't aware that the recommendation is to sit closer, although it makes sense with the increased image quality I suppose.

My living room is small, with the viewing distance limited to around 2 meters (6.5') so I've been a bit worried that perhaps 55" would be too large and maybe I should settle for 49". But you're saying 55" should be completely fine, and I could even go with 65" if I really wanted to (don't think I will though)?

Here's the plan (the TV is modeled after the official 55XE9005 dimensions):

livingroom_perspectivjlqvc.png

Distance from the seated middle position to front of screen is pretty much exactly 2m.

Simulated view from couch:

This should be fine then? Will the viewing angles from the outer seats be an issue with this kind of TV? There is also the possibility to turn the whole setup 90 degrees and mount the TV on the south wall. That would increase the viewing distance to a bit over 3m (10+ ft), but comes with some other issues instead.

Another question regarding sound (I know this is the TV thread and not the home theater thread, but anyway): My setup obviously makes it impossible to place rear surround speakers behind the couch. Is it OK to place them smack on the back wall instead, which would basically mean at 90 degrees from the viewing position? I'm not planning any crazy setup, just your regular 5.1.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Rule of thumb is 1.5 times the height of the display for 4K.

Really? The 55XE9005 is 71 cm tall according to Sony's specs, so that would mean just 107cm. That seems close as hell. If I were to go by that it seems like I should be getting the 65" rather than the 55".

Lima

Really? The 55XE9005 is 71 cm tall according to Sony's specs, so that would mean just 107cm. That seems close as hell. If I were to go by that it seems like I should be getting the 65" rather than the 55".

Go big or go home. You'll get used to the size after a week and then it will feel small. Only problem is when upgrading from 65" to larger sizes shit becomes expensive as hell.

Theonik

You can move further than that of course but no closer really, and yes, a 65" will work great in your space. Might take a while to get used to but once you do it will be hard to go back.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You can move further than that of course but no closer really, and yes, a 65" will work great in your space. Might take a while to get used to but once you do it will be hard to go back.

Hmm, ok. thanks! Will have to think about this. Here I was worried that 55" might be too large, and you guys are telling me to go 65"!. I guess my problem is that I've been used to 40" for the last 9 years or so, so 65" at 2 meters just sounds insane to me. But hmm, alright!

The difference in price might kill this though. The 55" is 17K SEK ($2K) here in Sweden, while the 65" is 25K SEK ($3K). Are those extra 10" worth $1K?

And yes, electronics are expensive as fuck here. I see that you can get the 55" for around $1500 in the US... :/

The thing is I'm not sure if the 2017 LG OLED TVs are any brighter, as I remember ppl here complaining about a too dim HDR game mode as well.
Firmware that got released today for me (Australian) has greatly downgraded HDR game mode. It's about as dim as HDR standard with the OLED light set to 25. I've been running with a much more vibrant game mode since January this year. I'm deeply disappointed right now.

Theonik

Hmm, ok. thanks! Will have to think about this. Here I was worried that 55" might be too large, and you guys are telling me to go 65"!. I guess my problem is that I've been used to 40" for the last 9 years or so, so 65" at 2 meters just sounds insane to me. But hmm, alright!

The difference in price might kill this though. The 55" is 17K SEK ($2K) here in Sweden, while the 65" is 25K SEK ($3K). Are those extra 10" worth $1K?

And yes, electronics are expensive as fuck here. I see that you can get the 55" for around $1500 in the US... :/
Well, you can try looking at it on a shop. Many will have setups with 65" panels in settings similar to yours. Just give it 20 minutes and you'll learn to ignore the size!

Stiler

Hmm, interesting. Wasn't aware that the recommendation is to sit closer, although it makes sense with the increased image quality I suppose.

My living room is small, with the viewing distance limited to around 2 meters (6.5") so I've been a bit worried that perhaps 55" would be too large and maybe I should settle for 49". But you're saying 55" should be completely fine, and I could even go with 65" if I really wanted to (don't think I will though)?

Here's the plan (the TV is modeled after the official 55XE9005 dimensions):

Distance from the seated middle position to front of screen is pretty much exactly 2m.

Simulated view from couch:

This should be fine then? Will the viewing angles from the outer seats be an issue with this kind of TV? There is also the possibility to turn the whole setup 90 degrees and mount the TV on the south wall. That would increase the viewing distance to a bit over 3m (10+ ft), but comes with some other issues instead.

Another question regarding sound (I know this is the TV thread and not the home theater thread, but anyway): My setup obviously makes it impossible to place rear surround speakers behind the couch. Is it OK to place them smack on the back wall instead, which would basically mean at 90 degrees from the viewing position? I'm not planning any crazy setup, just your regular 5.1.

6.5 is fine for 55 or 65 inches.

With 4k you sit closer then 1080p tv's so you can see the smaller details that 4k brings out.

10ft is a bit far for 55" 4k so I'd leave the layout like so.

If you get an LCD 4k then off-center viewing angles will have some color degradation, as is common with most lcds. If you don't want that then OLED's are much much better with their wide viewing angles.

Fox1966

Neo Member

I have both an E6 and a C6. I can tell you that the 3D is eye-searing, jaw-dropping amazing! If you like 3D just a little bit, when you see it on an OLED for the first time you will be stunned. So far, my family and friends are much more impressed with the 3D than 4k HDR discs (I have given demo sessions of both 4K HDR and 3D to most of my friends and family members). The general reaction when they see 4K HDR is "wow, that looks great!" But, when I demo a good 3D disc, the reactions are more like "HOLY SH***, this is incredible!" The 3D on these sets has become my and my family's favorite thing about them. Can't wait to watch "Kong Skull Island" in 3D this weekend!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, you can try looking at it on a shop. Many will have setups with 65" panels in settings similar to yours. Just give it 20 minutes and you'll learn to ignore the size!

Yep, I'll have to do that. A lot of money going from the 55 to the 65 though. I need to upgrade not only my TV, but also receiver, couch, coffee table, media cabinet, and some other stuff. :) If it was just the TV... well, we'll see.

With 4k you sit closer then 1080p tv's so you can see the smaller details that 4k brings out.

10ft is a bit far for 55" 4k so I'd leave the layout like so.

If you get an LCD 4k then off-center viewing angles will have some color degradation, as is common with most lcds. If you don't want that then OLED's are much much better with their wide viewing angles.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, OLED would be nice, but 4K ones are just too expensive still.

Ok, yeah, I'll probably leave the layout like this. My main issue is the 5.1 setup. Due to the lack of space, it would have to be something like this:

Is that reasonable, or are those rears way too close to the couch? Cant really do much more about that, except maybe get a smaller couch I guess.

(Sorry about asking this in the TV thread, figured you guys probably know your stuff there as well. Do we have another thread for home theater sound stuff?)

LegendX48

I've got a question, though I'm not sure this is the place to ask, but would something like the FiiO D3 dac be fine to hook up to my Sony x900e so I can hook up some pc speakers? I have no room for a surround setup and just want a solid 2.0 setup for cheap.

Theonik

It will function. Just don't expect miracles. You should be able to pass through 2CH LPCM through the optical port on your TV so it should be fairly straight forward.

Is that reasonable, or are those rears way too close to the couch? Cant really do much more about that, except maybe get a smaller couch I guess.

(Sorry about asking this in the TV thread, figured you guys probably know your stuff there as well. Do we have another thread for home theater sound stuff?)

I would be more worried about the floorstanding speaker in the left corner.

If you make the 90 turn, is it wider?

Have the same problem with my rears but I think wall mounted is good enough.

Edit: Which speakers you think about getting?

Just to let you think about, I'm no expert but I spent a lot of time with my setup:

I would take two bookshelf speaker and the centre on isolated pads on the TV rack and would put a sub between the door and the TV rack.

And as you are from Sweden I would buy some nice XTZ one ^_~

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I would be more worried about the floorstanding speaker in the left corner.

If you make the 90 turn, is it wider?

Have the same problem with my rears but I think wall mounted is good enough.

Edit: Which speakers you think about getting?

Just to let you think about, I'm no expert but I spent a lot of time with my setup:

I would take two bookshelf speaker and the centre on isolated pads on the TV rack and would put a sub to between the door and the TV rack.

And as you are from Sweden I would buy some nice XTZ one ^_~

You mean it's too close to the wall? Yeah, could move that out a bit.

No, if I turn everything 90 degrees I get more distance but less width. So that's not really an option I think.

The speakers in the image I modeled after a Jamo set I already own. Floorstanding tower front speakers, regular center, bookshelf rears. I kind of reeeeally like having a nice set of tower fronts, since I listen a lot to music. I don't my setup to be just for surround gaming/movies. I guess good bookshelves can handle that too though.

No, if I turn everything 90 degrees I get more distance more smaller width. So that's not really an option I think.

The speakers in the image I modeled after a Jamo set I already own. Floorstanding tower front speakers, small center and rears.

Ah ok you have them already. Then yes give them as much space (distance to each wall) as possible. The Bass is the problem.

Edit: Good bookshelves can handle the highs and the middles as good as the same floorstanding speakers, the struggle with the deep tones that's why a good sub is necessary if you plan to listen to music a lot. And the company XTZ makes really good subs with a lot of tweaking options. I absolutely love mine.

Firmware that got released today for me (Australian) has greatly downgraded HDR game mode. It's about as dim as HDR standard with the OLED light set to 25. I've been running with a much more vibrant game mode since January this year. I'm deeply disappointed right now.

I successfully downgraded the FW (you need to hook your TV to a PC/notebook, so it's not just simple USB stick stuff) and am now back on the earlier .99 FW (might be german only FW, so other EU countries would be .95).
Comparing HDR game with HDR standard, HDR game is actually a bit brighter. What a difference to the shitty new FW.
LG better release a new FW to fix it without forcing other ppl to downgrade as I did.

Syrus

Banned

No, if I turn everything 90 degrees I get more distance but less width. So that's not really an option I think.

The speakers in the image I modeled after a Jamo set I already own. Floorstanding tower front speakers, regular center, bookshelf rears. I kind of reeeeally like having a nice set of tower fronts, since I listen a lot to music. I don't my setup to be just for surround gaming/movies. I guess good bookshelves can handle that too though.

Can you cut in speakers in the ceiling?

Nah man floorspeakers all the way. I use Pioneer FS or PS? series.

I actually used 4 floorspeakers for front and sides even though the couch blocks the lowest speaker but its fan fucking tastic.

I got rid of the bookshelf in the back and bought some yamaha 3 way ceiling speaker for the two rears. Its nice as hell

Although the TV will upscale to 4k, not everything is rendered in 4k. Watching a low resolution source and sitting 6.5 feet from a 65inch display will give you a front row seat to an image with noise and artifacts. A TV with great upscaling can help out some.

Syrus

Banned
Although the TV will upscale to 4k, not everything is rendered in 4k. Watching a low resolution source and sitting 6.5 feet from a 65inch display will give you a front row seat to an image with noise and artifacts. A TV with great upscaling can help out some.

I sit about 6 feet from my 65 now and even 900p games still look good.

Agree, at that distance I would go for 55" as well, personally.
For 65" and normal TV use, I need at least 10 feet distance. For gaming it's obviously less.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ah ok you have them already. Then yes give them as much space (distance to each wall) as possible. The Bass is the problem.

Edit: Good bookshelves can handle the highs and the middles as good as the same floorstanding speakers, the struggle with the deep tones that's why a good sub is necessary if you plan to listen to music a lot. And the company XTZ makes really good subs with a lot of tweaking options. I absolutely love mine.

I'll replace the speakers eventually. But right now the plan is a new TV, receiver, couch, coffee table, etc (basically everything except the speakers). PS4 Pro too, so I can do some 4K gaming. Getting a new speaker setup will just be a bit too much with all that other stuff I need to buy. The ones I have are decent enough, so the immediate plans will have to include those.

Can you cut in speakers in the ceiling?

Nah man floorspeakers all the way. I use Pioneer FS or PS? series.

I actually used 4 floorspeakers for front and sides even though the couch blocks the lowest speaker but its fan fucking tastic.

I got rid of the bookshelf in the back and bought some yamaha 3 way ceiling speaker for the two rears. Its nice as hell

Hmm, ceiling speakers sounds like pretty big project. And I'm not really sure it's possible. Doubtful. And floor rears wouldn't really work in my space I think.

tmdorsey

If you watch TV, either cable or OTA, or stream stuff like Netflix, the flaws can be pretty apparent when you sit that close if the source quality isn't good.

You are so right. I'm just over 7 feet away from my 65" and low resolution content, particularly 720p stuff, looks pretty bad.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Agree, at that distance I would go for 55" as well, personally.
For 65" and normal TV use, I need at least 10 feet distance. For gaming it's obviously less.

If you watch TV, either cable or OTA, or stream stuff like Netflix, the flaws can be pretty apparent when you sit that close if the source quality isn't good.

Hmm, yeah, guess 55" might be a better overall choice. I do watch a lot of Netflix stuff and such. And a bunch of SD TV broadcasts. No free HD TV here, and I'm definitely not paying extra for it.

Stiler

Yep, I'll have to do that. A lot of money going from the 55 to the 65 though. I need to upgrade not only my TV, but also receiver, couch, coffee table, media cabinet, and some other stuff. :) If it was just the TV... well, we'll see.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, OLED would be nice, but 4K ones are just too expensive still.

Ok, yeah, I'll probably leave the layout like this. My main issue is the 5.1 setup. Due to the lack of space, it would have to be something like this:

Actually that's perfect. You might not know this (I didn't at first either going into 5.1 many years ago) but when it comes to a 5.1 setup you are meant to the put those to the side, not rears. 7.1 is when you add rears.

So for 5.1 you have a front left, center, front right. Then you have a side left and side right speaker.
Also for the side speakers you should try to elevate them around 2'ish feet above your ear level when sitting.

For the owners of a 65B6 and a Xbox one S or PS4 Pro, how is HDR for gaming? On another forum I read that HDR Game mode really needs a patch because it's just too dim. However that this also can luckily be fixed by upping the brightness of the game. It sucks if a game doesn't offer those settings though, Halo 4 I'm looking at you. Oh and actually Fallout 4 too. :(

But is it really a good solution though?

Kudo

Getting closer to my first OLED and with that I'll be hooking up my PC to the TV too.
The LG website says it has 4.0 Speakers, I assume it's still just a Stereo setup with 2 speakers for both channels? Or do I need to config it somehow to get best audio from PC and maybe consoles.

Yibby

Hmm, yeah, guess 55" might be a better overall choice. I do watch a lot of Netflix stuff and such. And a bunch of SD TV broadcasts. No free HD TV here, and I'm definitely not paying extra for it.

Don't forget black bars when watching a movie. So a 55" image looks way smaller than it really is.

For the owners of a 65B6 and a Xbox one S or PS4 Pro, how is HDR for gaming? On another forum I read that HDR Game mode really needs a patch because it's just too dim. However that this also can luckily be fixed by upping the brightness of the game. It sucks if a game doesn't offer those settings though, Halo 4 I'm looking at you. Oh and actually Fallout 4 too. :(

But is it really a good solution though?

The latest complains are about the E6/C6 that received a crappy FW update, so not sure what kind of posts you're referring to. Generally I think that HDR game brightness is fine.

The latest complains are about the E6/C6 that received a crappy FW update, so not sure what kind of posts you're referring to. Generally I think that HDR game brightness is fine.

Oh not on this forum. I was referring to a Dutch forum called Tweakers.net and there they spoke about the HDR game mode displaying a very dim picture. I haven't been able to try this out myself. But that will change this week when my friends come over and one of them brings their One S and Pro with him. I'll see for myself how bad HDR Game mode is, if it's even really bad.

I do have to mention that I really like a very bright picture, so chances are I might be disappointed.

Top Bottom