• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas high school baseball game ends with 53-0 score, prompts changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjord

This is just like that 4v4 Starcraft game I had last night. I was playing with a couple bronze buddies and we get matched up against an organized master league team. ;_; where was the mercy rule then, where?!

Of course if they had just killed two of us then offered to 'run some drills' because we were so bad... well they wouldn't have got a gg.

charsace

HS sports is serious business. High Schools go out and recruit these kids. I went to a serious basketball HS and all but one spot on the freshman team was decided before tryouts.

Effect

vas_a_morir said:
And better players. What can you do? They aren't cheating... just lucky. Them's the breaks.

Players can be become better when they have time to practice, places to practice, can get to practice, equipment to practice with, etc. A lot of that comes down to money. Not just in regards to the school but the players themselves. They may like the game and want to get better but the mindset of a player from a well off school and a poor school is going to be different. One side can have an unfair advantage over the other. Is it the fault of the players? No. However the situation does exist a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom