• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That RDR2 Leaked Image Is Actually Wild West Online, PvP MMO for the PC

TVexperto

People were going crazy with that leg crossing loool
But with 250k this looks like a game that will never be finished

P6A22bX.gif

They want $1.75 Million to add Train Robberies in the Season 1 update... Are they fucking joking? $250,000 to make the game, $400,000 to add Female characters and $1.75 Million for train robberies? That's not going to happen.

Brilliant marketing if they planned it this way. They got way more eyes on it because of the red dead thing.
There was a second pic with the title of the game (Wild West Online) and what looked like RDR1 screens, bit naughty if they were.

Edit:
IGHDqM4_d.jpg

Actually maybe that is just their game, just got the RDR1 look down.

Lmao at the few people in the previous thread thinking the graphics looked incredible.

Goddam man, I argued here and elsewhere hard that it is obviously NOT Rockstar quality work. I got bitched out hard... makes complete sense it is a F2P MMO, cause the quality looked like student work.

Can't believe people were going, "This looks incredible. Better than the reveal!".

Ploid 3.0

LMAO

Some were acting like it was the best graphics they'd ever seen.

Gives me an idea of an experiment.

It didn't impress me when I saw the thread pop up. GTA 5 sorta impressed me a lot with how they made distance city night light look. I liked GTA 5 a bit, but it followed the worst thing that happened to GTA for me, GTA4. RDR bored me half way through the game. It was interesting and exciting at first but it felt repetitive and empty as time went on. I never tried the zombie DLC.

Goddam man, I argued here and elsewhere hard that it is obviously NOT Rockstar quality work. I got bitched out hard... makes complete sense it is a F2P MMO, cause the quality looked like student work.

Can't believe people were going, "This looks incredible. Better than the reveal!".

and people saying how the guy was probably one of the protagonist. i was like wtf, that guy would have been the most boring ass designed main character ever, that guy clearly screams npc quality.

and then someone pointed out the windows and then I was like, yea this isn't Red Dead.
either that or it was an early build cause it wasn't anything near the quality of the reveal trailer

nynt9

Horizon in PS4 Pro already looks like that with a perfect framerate.

Thanks for this contribution.

This game seems poorly timed. Releasing anywhere around RDR2 will get them slaughtered unless they're trying to be a f2p alternative a la paladins.

Spinifex

Not sure why everybody is up in arms about women as a stretch goal in this game, RDR2 will not feature them either.

NoKisum

Not sure why everybody is up in arms about women as a stretch goal in this game, RDR2 will not feature them either.

If RDR2's online mode will be at least half as decent in features as GTAO is, I'm sure it will carry the chance to play as a female character, without the legion of people begging for it like we apparently have to do for Wild West Online.

SJRB

Gold Member
There was a second pic with the title of the game (Wild West Online) and what looked like RDR1 screens, bit naughty if they were.

Edit:
IGHDqM4_d.jpg

Actually maybe that is just their game, just got the RDR1 look down.

It's 100% RDR in those four screenshots. Location in the bigger screenshot is Fort Mercer.

Only the background image seems original from their actual game.

KyleCross

Women cost double the money to include in games as men...

I understand how terrible it seems, but I can kinda understand. If they initially made the playable characters male they'll need extra resources to make women too. Voice actresses, mo-cap actresses, 3D modelers and animators with experience modeling and animating female models. But hey, that's just my take on it.

Hermii

I bet it was a controlled leak intended to look like read dead, in order to get more publicity for their game.

*takes on tinfoil hat

It's 100% RDR in those four screenshots. Location in the bigger screenshot is Fort Mercer.

Only the background image seems original from their actual game.

Yeah just found the exact fort screen they used. The BG looks like it's just a concept painting too.

Why wouldn't it? RDR 2 Online will have female characters, just like RDR, GTA IV, and GTAV did. The SP won't, but this isn't a SP game either, so I don't see how that's comparable.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Heh, now I'm actually excited. Going to be a while before RDR2 shows up on PC, I'm sure, so hopefully this will fill the void nicely in the meantime.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
As i said in the other thread this makes me even more excited now to see the real RDR2.

Bahorel

Ah I wanted to believe. At least we know Red Dead is still coming. I can't imagine what it would have been like yesterday if this all happened with the "leak" and Red Dead 2 had not previously been announced. I would have been devastated to find this out.

That location looks a bit like Armadillo so I was quite excited by the concept of exploring areas of Red Dead Redemption in the sequel/prequel.

News about the game on it's 7th anniversary next week would be amazing! If some of these people really are returning characters OMG!

Top Bottom