• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 PS4 gameplay

lol where'd you get this information from? It does say it's PS4 gameplay in the title of the thread so I tought it was confirmed. Unless you're trolling and I just fell for it.

Beenox said the original Rev3games footage was 360 gameplay. Same exact scenes from that video are in the "PS4" gameplay, so I assume this is from 360 too.

Vitor711

Beenox said the original Rev3games footage was 360 gameplay. Same exact scenes from that video are in the "PS4" gameplay, so I assume this is from 360 too.

I certainly hope so because the footage here looks AWFUL.

I played the first one on PC and it looked much, much better than that.

IIRC the same footage from that dev walkthrough was used in a preview of the 360 version a while back

Wouldn't it make more sense that they used the best footage for a preview on old consoles, instead? Wouldn't be the first time we see this, plus seeing how the walkthrough video has been posted on the psblog saying it was PS4 footage, I'm thinking there's more chance it's the latter.

And Vitor711, "AWFUL"? Really? Calm down lol.

RytGear

I'm pretty sure that on the PSN store the game is marked at running at 720p? If so, what kind of development hell was this game!?

Theecliff

Banned
I'm pretty sure that on the PSN store the game is marked at running at 720p? If so, what kind of development hell was this game!?
It's a store mistake, same thing happened with Trials. The devs have stated that it's 1080/30 on both the PS4 and XBO (if that version exists anymore).

launch year open world games. not the easiest thing to do especially when your team isn't half the industry like ubisoft and is also on like every console of the past decade.

No one is doing a OT for The Amazing Spider-Man 2? That's a shame, I must be one of the few on the forum that is looking forward to playing it on PS4. The game is releasing next tuesday and seems pretty good.

sethcheek

No one is doing a OT for The Amazing Spider-Man 2? That's a shame, I must be one of the few on the forum that is looking forward to playing it on PS4. The game is releasing next tuesday and seems pretty good.
I don't know how many were looking forward to it on the PS4.. but I sure as hell was looking forward to playing it on the One.
D09AD0BED0BFD0B8D18F-okay-guy.jpg

I have it pre-ordered on PS4, but I didn't expect many people to be interested in it.

I'm gonna hold out playing the game until the movie comes out though.

SFenton

I don't know how many were looking forward to it on the PS4.. but I sure as hell was looking forward to playing it on the One.

This. Although I'm excited to hear impressions. When I get a PS4, I might pick it up along with Infamous and [unannounced Sony exclusive that I will want].

PS4 CONFIRMED FOR SUPERHERO GAME MACHINE

I'm looking forward to seeing if it's actually a solid game, but we don't have enough footage yet. Waiting for release for more impressions.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can we finally stop this Rocksteady shoud do a Marvel Game thing?

Rocksteady is a Warner Studio. Warner own DC Comics, who is the direct concurrent of MarvelDisney.

And the only reason Warner published Lego Marvel was because they own the Lego Game IP. Nothing similar with a non Lego game will happen again.

I'll pick it up. I'm cautiously optimistic. We don't need a thread if the game is good, we'll be too busy enjoying it. :)

Can we finally stop this Rocksteady shoud do a Marvel Game thing?

Rocksteady is a Warner Studio. Warner own DC Comics, who is the direct concurrent of MarvelDisney.

And the only reason Warner published Lego Marvel was because they own the Lego Game IP. Nothing similar with a non Lego game will happen again.

Not to mention the idea that just because Rocksteady created a competent game for one IP, they can do so for literally ANY IP is beyond ridiculous.

Teddified

I've got it pre-ordered from Amazon. I am mostly hoping for a better experience than AS1 which it seems to be, since I had a good enough time with the first one.

sunnz

Imagine if Rocksteady or sucker punch made spiderman, I can't help but feel it would be incredible.

This looks ok but lacks quality that those studios can bring.
Maybe when it's cheaper I may get it.

icespide

Banned
I've got it preordered for PS4 because I will pretty much buy anything spider-man related.

My expectations are low though

Nice to see there's a bit of hype surrounding it at least. I havn't played the first one and don't intend to, but I'm glad that those who did, actually enjoyed it to a point where they're ready to spend money for it's sequel.

And I agree that a fully fleshed Spidey game would be the bomb. Let's hope this one sells great so that the next game might not simply be a tie-in this time around. Or Beenox could stick with doing tie-ins, while another studio gives a bigger shot at it. (not sucker punch please, their melee gameplay has never been good. (in inFAMOUS at least lol)

icespide

Banned
for those clamoring for a more "fleshed out" spidey game not tied to a specific movie. did you play Ultimate Spider-man? that game was great

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Beenox will not make other Spider-Man Game that is not a tie-in for the next time.
The Spider-Man Comic game licence is back at Disney

DrBo42

First one was surprisingly decent. I think Beenox gets the character like Rocksteady gets Batman but they aren't given the same time or resources. Really enjoyed the outdoor boss battles in ASM 1 but the indoor stuff was pretty rough.

Beenox will not make other Spider-Man Game that is not a tie-in for the next time.
The Spider-Man Comic game licence is back at Disney

Interesting. Wonder if Disney will do it justice.

I pre-ordered this for PS4 a couple days ago, really excited for it actually, I wouldn't begin to know how to make one of those cool official topics though.

Not to mention the idea that just because Rocksteady created a competent game for one IP, they can do so for literally ANY IP is beyond ridiculous.

This goes for Sucker Punch too, they haven't even shown they can make a competent melee system and people somehow think they'd make a good Spider-man game. How about ya'll just hope a good developer who understands the character gets to make a game for him instead of gargling your favorite developer's ballsack.

This goes for Sucker Punch too, they haven't even shown they can make a competent melee system and people somehow think they'd make a good Spider-man game. How about ya'll just hope a good developer who understands the character gets to make a game for him instead of gargling your favorite developer's ballsack.

Damn dude

Gestault

Love Beenox, love the look of the dual-trigger web swinging mechanics, not a fan of the near-constant pop-in for environmental details.

Certinty

Decided I'll get this, not at launch but eventually.

First game was good besides the awful lifeless city, if that's improved to a decent enough level I'll love this game regardless.

is there ANY new media concerning this game? I'm planning on getting it..possibly..

From what I've been told personally, and also what others have tweeted. No review copies have gone out yet. So not sure how good a sign for that is, granted I enjoyed the first amazing spiderman game so hoping this one can compare.

Top Bottom