• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

I can swim, talking about this makes me wanna go to a beach. It makes me want spring and summer to come already

also this splatoon art
B9tw158CQAAdGxZ.jpg:large

I would like this art book,

Do any of you collect art books?

Malyse

Damn. I googled "cops execute homeless man" looking for the rocks story for my mom, got back like six different stories.

Kreed

Where you're from -South Bay LA, born in Harbor City, grew up in San Pedro, Lomita and Torrance

Where you live -Torrance, don't go to Court here.

What is your age? -27

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -Mostly Caucasian, dad's mother's side of the family is Colombian, Grandmother immigrated here in the 50's. So 25% Colombian, 75% white dude.

Do you know your roots -Sorta, should probably ask my Mom more about her ancestry, she's looked into it.

Favorite musical genre -Fusion Jazz, Return to Forever, Miles Davis, Weather Report, etc.

Your profession/major/career interest -Game design and wildlife and habitats, mostly volunteer here and there with the animal and habitat restoration stuff, broke and working on independent game with some friends, but doing mostly software test, video recording and level/game design by committee with the programmers.

Your religious affiliation -None

Hobbies -Gaming, Twitch, GAF, music, sports, reading, movies, cycling, hiking, swimming (love the Ocean), comedy, some more stuff.

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -Gotta say Popeye's, but their biscuits are way too salty.

Welcome to the community. Don't fall in with the bad crowd.

Booshka

Sup fuckboys.

I've always been keen to, "sup sluts." I love the way it sounds.

EDIT: @Jackben, I play a lot of Dark Souls, been playing it and posting about it since it came out. It's also the game I spend the most time watching on Twitch, kinda got myself deep into the Souls community on Twitch.

I can swim, talking about this makes me wanna go to a beach. It makes me want spring and summer to come already

also this splatoon art

I would like this art book,

Do any of you collect art books?

I've been trying to collect all the Souls art books but getting a hold of the one that came with Demon's Souls has been... problematic. I don't want to buy the game again JUST to get the art book. I really want the Eyes of Bayonetta 2 one and would love a Splatoon one as well.

Furyous

This new Drake GOES. Nigga mad as fuck shitting on niggas on Jay-Z in a spaceship shit. It's great that he's putting on for his city to this extent.

*EDIT*

Have y'all talked about Chelsea Handler's mid-life crisis titties? Ain't nobody trying to see all that. Leave those pics to women built like that. Shit reeks of desperation and is degrading to my eyes.

Poor Labor, he was Co-directing Polite Tang til JC got him and Louis CK removed from it

Labor also cast the new Ghostbusters with all that diversity.

Labor is pen pals with Joe Biden

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This new Drake GOES. Nigga mad as fuck shitting on niggas on Jay-Z in a spaceship shit. It's great that he's putting on for his city to this extent.

*EDIT*

Have y'all talked about Chelsea Handler's mid-life crisis titties? Ain't nobody trying to see all that. Leave those pics to women built like that. Shit reeks of desperation and is degrading to my eyes.
you wouldn't smash chelsea though?

It's midnight, and you can hear the rain tapping on Labors windows. He's laying on his bed in deep thought, then an idea occured to him. He pauses.... tries to convince himself it's a bad idea. He needs motivation to go through with it.

He turns on his computer and looks through iTunes, then he sees the album artwork. Something titled "If You're Reading This It's Too Late"

He presses play.

He then looks at the phone sitting on his nightstand with a determined look.

Labor picks it up, goes through his contacts... before seeing that certain one.

He hovers his thumb over it with a look of longing and desperation.... then he presses it.

*dialing ex-girlfriend*

RedSwirl

I'm glad you've been making those posts man lol. I knew about the fall off back around 2008 or so but I don't really think I weighed things properly when I was considering hopping back into school for a journalism degree. Not to say that I'm dissuaded or anything but I'm starting to line up my interests with what I want to do (and what I'm able to deal with) better because of it.

Hell, I'm actually thinking of film school

So 2008 was indeed clearly the wrong year to graduate from college, period.

Yea, I graduated and watched as former classmates and professors badmouthed me to anyone who would listen. After that I decided three degrees wasn't enough so I aimed for Masters degrees. The journalism struggle is a never-ending grind. Knew one person that quit out of frustration due to lack of money in the field. They work in insurance now and have a great husband, child, house, and dog.

A few OTs ago I remember posting a screencap of a message an older black dude sent me on LinkedIn telling me outright to give up.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
How do y'all know that? I feel like one person assumes shit and the rest follows. I saw nothing in that post that violated that rules page.
Normally I'd agree with you. But this is inside baseball, BP. I'm thinking it's more likely that Mumei stepped down than was de-modded. I also have some pretty strong opinions about how the situation went down, especially since the thread was locked after a very open and respectful response by Mumei himself.

But discussing specifics here is a bad idea unless you want to start a fire.
A few OTs ago I remember posting a screencap of a message an older black dude sent me on LinkedIn telling me outright to give up.
Damn that is messed up.

Trey

Damn, couldn't even let my nigga keep his long ass tag. Went straight back to whoville with the rest of the plebs.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If Alligatorjandro became a mod I have no doubt the first thing he'd do would be to post "Ya'll aint shit" in the BCT, lock the thread, then ban every one of the top 10 posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom