• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

HomelyCluelessBat.gif

--
Welcome to the BCT. Where everything from Little Caesars to 'what's hot on the streets' is up for debate. First off, we'd just want to thank everyone that has made a contribution to this thread, community, or across the forums in one of the many race-related threads in the past or plans to do so in the future. Its not easy and I know it gets old, but its appreciated and necessary. Next, this isn't a "Blacks Only" spot by any means. Any and all are free to hop in. Consider it open mic. All are welcome to keep it real.

The icebreaker from Honorable Big Brother Himuro is still a great way for new members, lurkers, and juniors to take the first step to contributing to the discussion(s) as a whole.

Where you're from-
Where you live-
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-
Do you know your roots-
Your Age-
Favorite musical genre-
Your profession/major/career interest-
Your religious affiliation-
Hobbies-

Also be ready to answer the age-old question, KFC or Popeyes.

Let us begin with Naturals Law, ratified by the Black Council in 2011

Natural's Law - is a humorous observation made by GAF poster MWS Natural in 2011 which is becoming an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1. In other words, Natural put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion regarding any form of conflict someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to discrimination faced by blacks.

-------------------------------------------------------
The IRC chatroom is up and running, just PM someone for the info.
-------------------------------------------------------

Honorable Brother MorisUkunRasik has started up BCT's Official Podcast "So Well Spoken." (Updated regularly)
http://www.sowellspoken.com/
F6V4vUJ.jpg

Logo by Honorable Sister Devolution

We also have top secret operations being conducted around the world.

Results of OT6:

oxZKOse.jpg

Wv1wchC.png

rSpO2Nq.jpg

This contribution is from Brother Harson.

S3Vvo2R.gif

This contribution is from Brother Riovane.

RP912

Banned
I been lurking long enough *Gets up from church bench and walks down the aisle*

Where you're from- Philadelphia, GA :D
Where you live- Savannah, GA :/
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American with a hint of Native American *forgot which group*
Do you know your roots- Not really
Your Age- 29
Favorite musical genre- drum and bass, underground hip hop, 90s grunge, uk grime, electronica, r and b, soul, jazz, house music, and go go music
Your profession/major/career interest- Computer technician
Your religious affiliation- Spirituality (no denomination)
Hobbies-playing video games, writing poetry, listening to music, trying to learn this dota 2 shit, and sleeping

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Where you're from- Houston, Texas
Where you live- Stillin H-Town
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Black parents, grandmother on my father's side was half Cherokee
Do you know your roots- Depends on what you call roots. I can go back far on my father's side. My mother's side is a big mystery because my great-grandfather killed someone in St. Louis, changed his identity and moved to Texas
Your Age- 41
Favorite musical genre- Rap, some EDM.
Your profession/major/career interest- Internal corporate comms. Mainly intranet design, content strategies, etc.
Your religious affiliation- This is a cop out, but Spiritual more than anything. I at one time was involved in the Baptist church, but got disillusioned when I saw the inner workings. It was definitely more about money than anything else. I will hit up a "motivational church" every now and then.
Hobbies- Writing, photography, gardening, sports, gaming.

Popeye's all the way. Can't stomach KFC. Though Popeye's is kind of slipping lately. Locally we have a chain called "Frenchy's" that is the bomb, but it is not anywhere near my house so I rarely get to have it. http://www.frenchyschicken.com/

I been lurking long enough *Gets up from church bench and walks down the aisle*

Where you're from- Philadelphia, GA :D
Where you live- Savannah, GA :/
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American with a hint of Native American *forgot which group*
Do you know your roots- Not really
Your Age- 29
Favorite musical genre- drum and bass, underground hip hop, 90s grunge, uk grime, electronica, r and b, soul, jazz, house music, and go go music
Your profession/major/career interest- Computer technician
Your religious affiliation- Spirituality (no denomination)
Hobbies-playing video games, writing poetry, listening to music, trying to learn this dota 2 shit, and sleeping

U left out the most important fact but we all know it's church's over everything so welcome.

Silky

Banned
I had /one chicken strip/ from KFC last night and that shit had me choking up a storm. Never again.

Crown Fried Chicken's good too.

RP912

Banned
I had /one chicken strip/ from KFC last night and that shit had me choking up a storm. Never again.

Crown Fried Chicken's good too.

No lie I had a double down a while back and it made me re-evaluate my life. Every bite was like a flash of life flashing before my eyes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No lie I had a double down a while back and it made me re-evaluate my life. Every bite was like a flash of life flashing before my eyes.

What are you guys talking about
it's a huge source of protein, you should eat more of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's the bread that's the problem, folks. Eat protein, acquire gains (if you lift, if not you're in trouble)

Hello everyone.

Where you're from- Raised in Atlanta, Georgia and spent 14 years in various parts of Montgomery County, Maryland

Where you live- Rochester, NY (for college and job)

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Parents are from The Gambia

Do you know your roots - My father's family are referred to as 'dark skin arabs' in their home country due to having a mixture of berber ancestry and arab ancestry of which origin is unknown to me. Just based on research I assume my family's roots traces back to the Wolof Empire as far back as the 14th Century.

Your Age- 20

Favorite musical genre- Split between hip-hop and metalcore

Your profession/major/career interest- IT major in web development and mobile app development. Work as a web developer for a medical center.

Your religious affiliation: Islam

Hobbies- Basketball, programming, building websites, video games, weight lifting

Jado

Banned
Where you're from- born in DR, grew up in NY
Where you live- NY
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Latino/Hispanic (no Hispanic GAF OT!)
Do you know your roots- Going back 100-200 years? No, not really.
Your Age- 29
Favorite musical genre- Hip-hop, electronic, bossa nova
Your profession/major/career interest- graphic designer
Your religious affiliation- a bit spiritual, Catholic growing up, but no actual affiliation
Hobbies- graphic design, drawing, photography, video games

KFC always loses, so it's not really a question.

Ninja Dom

Fuck, I've been on GAF nearly 10 years and never joined you guys. Let's do this!!

Where you're from- London, UK
Where you live- London, UK
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- London born & bred. African (Ghanaian parents)
Do you know your roots- Yes
Your Age- 40 now (Owww!)
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop (Max B is the greatest rapper that ever lived!!)
Your profession/major/career interest- Work for London Underground after 7 years working in the mobile phone industry and 6 years in the Gaming industry.
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Gaming, Game of Thrones, Drinking, My Wonderful Girlfriend, Ninja stuff.

max-b.jpg

Fuck, I've been on GAF nearly 10 years and never joined you guys. Let's do this!!

Where you're from- London, UK
Where you live- London, UK
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- London born & bred. African (Ghanaian parents)
Do you know your roots- Yes
Your Age- 40 now (Owww!)
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop (Max B is the greatest rapper that ever lived!!)
Your profession/major/career interest- Work for London Underground after 7 years working in the mobile phone industry and 6 years in the Gaming industry.
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Gaming, Game of Thrones, Drinking, My Wonderful Girlfriend, Ninja stuff.

http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/max-b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is there even a churches chicken in London? Jim Jones over Max B
[spoiler]I can't stand Jim Jones[/spoiler]

Gorillaz

Good job on the thread silky, you ain't shit tho

New thread and e3 on the same day. Double the fuckery

Edit: slay still got that 1000 post lead huh

J10 trying to appeal to the masses with that gif.

Esco, why can't I sit down in Watch Dogs? There are benches everywhere I can't sit my ass down to hack?

I also intercepted a phone conversation where a guy described getting a handjob.
rXhka.png

Has anyone ever posted more than slayven before?

I don't think so. Slayven gets banned for a month and comes backs strong like Peyton Manning during a 2-minute drill.

Furyous

Where you're from- born in DR, grew up in NY
Where you live- NY
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Latino/Hispanic (no Hispanic GAF OT!)
Do you know your roots- Going back 100-200 years? No, not really.
Your Age- 29
Favorite musical genre- Hip-hop, electronic, bossa nova
Your profession/major/career interest- graphic designer
Your religious affiliation- a bit spiritual, Catholic growing up, but no actual affiliation
Hobbies- graphic design, drawing, photography, video games

KFC always loses, so it's not really a question.

How are you weathering gentrification?

I see them rent prices and my soul screams in horror. Then again, I'd give up every organ except the necessary ones to live somewhere with a barber available in a 10 minute walk and legit networking opportunities. Either way, welcome.

E3 is coming up in an hour. That MGSV trailer is disturbing as shit. I copped a PS4 and am hoping for some good games or at least an airplay/chrome cast app.

hypernima

Banned

I see them rent prices and my soul screams in horror. Then again, I'd give up every organ except the necessary ones to live somewhere with a barber available in a 10 minute walk and legit networking opportunities. Either way, welcome.

E3 is coming up in an hour. That MGSV trailer is disturbing as shit. I copped a PS4 and am hoping for some good games or at least an airplay/chrome cast app.

Is it that bad in BK and BX now?

lordmrw

Here in Providence, RI there are about 18 barber shops on Cranston street alone and I might even be forgetting a few. Some of these are right next to or across the street from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom