• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
I don't know why sunset overdrive getting so much flack. The game looks good for what it is. Better a colorful goofy shooter with combos than a grainy meh military shooter.

Then again Brink was my goty for 2011 and I'm the only guy alive that bought the club full price.

applying for a spot in the this thread's white person quota.

Where you're from- Doty, WA
Where you live- Great Falls, MT
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- illegal immigrant mexican and gypsy
Do you know your roots- no
Your Age- 30
Favorite musical genre- noise
Your profession/major/career interest- fashion retail
Your religious affiliation- euphoria
Hobbies- open carry, warning tickets

popeye's spicy

Gorillaz

applying for a spot in the this thread's white person quota.

Where you're from- Doty, WA
Where you live- Great Falls, MT
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- illegal immigrant mexican and gypsy
Do you know your roots- no
Your Age- 30
Favorite musical genre- noise
Your profession/major/career interest- fashion retail
Your religious affiliation- euphoria
Hobbies- open carry, warning tickets

popeye's spicy

where the fuck you been? you banned for a month?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
M$ showed some nice stuff but nothing that blew my pants off.
I'm seriously surprised at how tame it was. I guess I take back my statement that they gonna win e3 until further notice.

we made it ya'll, Obama is in Sims 4
also Sunset Overdrive looks boring b/c of it's Dead Rising 3 zombie system, the trash mobs are pinkies things that are only there to show how many you can get on screen just like the shit you go through for DR3's zombie achievement

Jado

Banned
How are you weathering gentrification?

I see them rent prices and my soul screams in horror. Then again, I'd give up every organ except the necessary ones to live somewhere with a barber available in a 10 minute walk and legit networking opportunities. Either way, welcome.

NYC is huge and composed of many neighborhoods that aren't as severely affected by gentrification. I lived in the Bronx with my family before and then moved out to a part of Brooklyn that has been much less affected by rising rents than the North/Western portion of the borough. It is expensive, but not impossible to live here if you have a decent-paying job and realistic expectations about where you can live. Too many people come here, caught up with living this fantasy life in the "center" of NY or moving into the latest trendy/overpriced Bk neighborhood. I'm okay with my quiet, affordable corner of the city and a longer commute (for now).

harSon

Banned
M$ showed some nice stuff but nothing that blew my pants off.
I'm seriously surprised at how tame it was. I guess I take back my statement that they gonna win e3 until further notice.

It's only tame because the entirety of it was leaked.

We knew about Forza Horizon 2. We knew about the Halo Collection. We knew about Platinum's game. We knew about Crackdown.

The only AAA title that wasn't outright leaked was Phantom Dust, and even that was all but confirmed before the conference started.

That's a solid listing of announcements, but their impact was basically non-existent due to the fact that we were 99.9% sure that they already existed.

Trey

Looks like I'm getting the Xbox One.

Last year's E3 was your first nut inside a chick, the industry needs a year or two to recharge.

So you're predicting the industry to crash in nine months?

That's a solid listing of announcements, but their impact was basically non-existent due to the fact that we were 99.9% sure that they already existed.

I dunno, this mentality is kind of goofy to me. I don't need to be surprised by announcements to get excited for the game announced. If you frequent a gaming forum like neogaf where every bit of news is dissected and debated, of course you'll be pretty well in the know. At that point it's more like being impressed a company could keep information on their game from leaking more than being impressed by the quality of the reveal.

harSon

Banned
Looks like I'm getting the Xbox One.

So you're predicting the industry to crash in nine months?

I dunno, this mentality is kind of goofy to me. I don't need to be surprised by announcements to get excited for the game announced. If you frequent a gaming forum like neogaf where every bit of news is dissected and debated, of course you'll be pretty well in the know. At that point it's more like being impressed a company could keep information on their game from leaking more than being impressed by the quality of the reveal.

Going into a conference already knowing every announcement is basically reading a Spark Notes version of a book, and then reading the real thing thereafter. You're still likely to enjoy the book if it's good, but it's not going to have that same impact as would have been the case had you gone in blind.

Trey

Going into a conference already knowing every announcement is basically reading a Spark Notes version of a book, and then reading the real thing thereafter. You're still likely to enjoy the book if it's good, but it's not going to have that same impact as would have been the case had you gone in blind.

I guess it's because I don't watch e3 conferences to be entertained, but rather see the games I'd like to buy in action, and learn more about them. If there was a media and information release of games without the fanfare, the fuckery, CG trailers, the boring presentations and all the rest of it, I'd take that deal every time.

And for what it's worth, knowing the Mc collection exists and having my expectations far exceeded was hype as hell. Legit Halo 1 matchmaking, brehs.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
EA had nothing to show. That was, by far, the worst conference I've ever seen...

it was AWFUL

they showed like four different games that were too early to have anything of value.

They were showing concept art and shit. There were two games that didn't even have names yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
EA had nothing to show. That was, by far, the worst conference I've ever seen...

Hardline looked ok, but that should be your filler in the middle. Not your closing thing. Interested in the new Criterion game, but all this conference showed me was that EA's got NOTHING other than sports for 2014 or maybe even 2015.

xnipx

Prom season
HHHSl8b.jpg

harSon

Banned
EA: Here's a bunch of footage of people working on games. Also sports and BF beta.

Poor harSon, no BF beta on XBONE.

The joys of owning multiple consoles. You don't miss out on anything :D

Except Nintendo games... but I won't allow them to trap me into copping their console before it's dirt cheap...

EA left their press conference in their other pants

also i'll be at work during Sony's need to find out how to get giant bombs stream to work on my phone

DominoKid

are there any links directly to the trailers. not like a stream recording.

i'm trying to see this in the best quality possible.

Gattsu25

Banned
E3 can't even crash GAF this year.

I was getting HTTP 503s near the start of the MS conference

Anyway, new thread so posting an updated "About me":
- Where you're from - Queens, NY
- Where you live - West of Philly, PA
- Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African-Trinidadian on my mom's side, Irish/German on my dad's
- Do you know your roots? - See above. Mom is 1st generation immigrant, Dad is 2nd. Family ties go back at least 3 generations in each country
- Your Age - 31 ಠ_ಠ
- Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Reggae, EDM
- Your profession/major/career interest - Supervisor
- Your religious affiliation - Christian (Northern Baptist)
- Hobbies - reading, video games, guitar, drawing, writing short-form fiction haven't written anything since October :(

Silky

Banned
Maybe 'accidentally' posting this in OT was a good thing! New people!

10 minutes until the Ubisoft Conference. Good luck Esco! (I know you're browsing GAF)

Gattsu25

Banned
Maybe 'accidentally' posting this in OT was a good thing! New people!

10 minutes until the Ubisoft Conference. Good luck Esco! (I know you're browsing GAF)

I think that Community OT#s should be promoted to the lead OT forum for each subsequent thread's first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom