• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cancelled Oblivion: PSP Revealed

ryseing

Nah i'm pretty sure Revelations started off as RE Portable but they switched platforms because of the 3DS tech.

Take this with a huge grain of salt but on a board I was on years ago had a member who was familiar with the situation and claimed as such. Combine that claim with the fact that Slant Six was a fairly prominent PSP dev and you see why I hold that belief. We'll probably never know for sure but RE PSP=Revelations is a misconception I enjoy trying to clear up.

All the cancelled PSP games over the years, including the one that started this thread, are quite interesting to me as someone who loves Sony handhelds and wishes their full potential was met.

Borman

It's annoying that people can mirror my footage (some of you I've spoken with, other on Youtube are brave), and yet their footage doesn't get pulled. Such an awful system, with the claims under review by Youtube since it started, and no response from any actual person out there. It's not the first time I've been through it, but it gets me every time. They punish the people that actually care about the games.

Borman

Well, Youtube forwarded the info along to Zenimax. Would be nice to hear from them now in a nice way, prefer not the unkind way.

Sucks you're having such a shitty time with what should be awesome exposure. I realize YouTube is the place to be but have you considered other avenues for putting out this sort of coverage? I don't know what the freelance apetite is for this sort of thing but some sites picked it up so it clearly isn't zero.

Borman

Sucks you're having such a shitty time with what should be awesome exposure. I realize YouTube is the place to be but have you considered other avenues for putting out this sort of coverage? I don't know what the freelance apetite is for this sort of thing but some sites picked it up so it clearly isn't zero.

The issue Im having is that I had to pull my site because the cheap hosting that I used just wasn't up for it, and that did more harm than good. The alternative is some proper hosting, but that becomes a cost issue. I'm still working on a few potential partnerships with like-minded friends, but it has to be right for everyone involved. I would hate to just shift the complaints from myself to someone else, at least I have some control when it's me.

If you, or someone you're working with, is development savvy enough (proper front-end development like modern JS/HTML/CSS skills are strong) midsized sites can use Tumblr for real deal web development. It is one of their less advertised features, but totally viable if you can live with low server side control. Which most sites can if you are creative enough. And you get the benefits of their beastly load infrastructure.

If curious send me a pm and I can give you some more info later on.

Getting some major RuneScape vibes from this screenshot:

JRwk2mB.png

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Not surprised Zenimax are trying to bury this. I know plenty of people who worked on it and were crushed by how Bethesda basically sabotaged a really good project with their constant interference and goalpost-moving.

Climax really couldn't catch a break around that time; a real shame as there were so many talented people on staff.

Borman

Will there ever be an ISO file of this available to play?

Thats up to the person who bought it, who are dealing with their own issues. I want nothing to do with it leaking. If Zenimax was angry about videos, I cant imagine how they would feel about me leaking it. I escaped for now hah.

Clear said:
Not surprised Zenimax are trying to bury this. I know plenty of people who worked on it and were crushed by how Bethesda basically sabotaged a really good project with their constant interference and goalpost-moving.

Climax really couldn't catch a break around that time; a real shame as there were so many talented people on staff.

Thats something Ive heard from a handful of people. That was the surprising bit. Despite how early the game was, it was actually a really, really strong foundation.

If only Sony put more support on the Vita, maybe this could have eventually happened. I guess we have Skyrim on Nintendo Switch for a handheld Elder Scrolls.

60fps is strange haha

Also because there's no recoil-when-you-hit-an-enemy's-shield. That was what soured me big time on Oblivion. Were there any mods that removed that? Skyrim got it right; you could just mash the attack button even when enemies had their shield up.

jettpack

wow, pretty crazy. looks surprisingly not like trash. always a shame to see something interesting like this get cancelled... skyrim switch is gonna fill the role that this would have now tho which is interesting.....

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Such a waste shouldn't be allowed, if psp was no more viable then why not Vita? Why not 3ds? Meh.

If only Sony put more support on the Vita, maybe this could have eventually happened. I guess we have Skyrim on Nintendo Switch for a handheld Elder Scrolls.

Well on the GPD Win you can play skyrim... and morrowind, oblivion, fallout 3, fallout nv and many other western rpgs...
Honestly western rpgs on the go(without the need of hoping or begging for a port) are a huge reason why i ordered a gpd win.

Borman

Is this your channel? There's some great stuff here.

Yep, it is.

Such a waste shouldn't be allowed, if psp was no more viable then why not Vita? Why not 3ds? Meh.

The next video in the series that I'm working on writing is where it becomes apparent that things weren't working out for many reasons unfortunately. I do think there is a market for this sort of thing though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The next video in the series that I'm working on writing is where it becomes apparent that things weren't working out for many reasons unfortunately. I do think there is a market for this sort of thing though.
I can't wait to know the reasons :)
I don't know the reasons but they could have made it work in a way or another in a handheld or another, they could have just ported oblivion or even morrowind on any handheld.
If feels such a waste getting a big western rpg on a handheld in 2017 when it was already possible 2 generations before.

Top Bottom