• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew runs at native 1080p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One

Malcolm9

Driveclub is 30fps and plays absolutely fine.

I did play The Crew beta and wasn't that impressed though, the handling was pretty horrible.

Nokterian

The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms.

Un..fucking believable...this becoming a standard towards PC is getting on my nerve.

LCGeek

formerly sane
But NFS Rivals did look a bit better on the PS4 though -- a few more visual effects.

Overall, this is a large open world game so it not looking "that great" in visuals isn't too surprising to me. On top of that, the decision for 30 FPS for both versions could have simply been due to frame rate dips in the game which would somewhat make sense considering it seems like there's a lot of action going on in the game's huge open world.

Anyway, not every multiplat game will have the same difference between consoles as the multiplat(s) with the biggest differences between each version. This was true for every gen. There will also be a few cases in which the version on the weaker console will look and/or play better -- something that was also true for every gen including this one.

There will be more games with this multiplatform difference (or lack thereof) in the future. Deciding not to get those future games for the console you own based solely for that reason will more than likely mean missing out on a decent number of solid multiplatform titles this gen. If people want to do that then that's them but to me that doesn't really sound enjoyable, especially if the games are solid either way. I don't remember people taking this "stand" in previous gens so I don't really know why things are different this gen unless I'm not remembering things correctly when it came to those previous gens. Might be that... ::shoulder shrug::

Except in the case of this company they didn't practice this at all during the PS2 generation. Really wish I had picture of splinter cell ports or other titles of that gen and how xbox stomped the other two consoles but kept up with the pcs, despite the reality being different that generation in terms of how power stacked up in actual practice.They are full of crap period on this issue their own history paints how two faced they are.

Piggus

The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."

LOL. Go fuck yourselves.

What's wrong with 30 fps racing games? Horizon 2 feels great while driving. 60 fps is ideal, but a solid 30 is fine enough. I've enjoyed horizon 2, midnight club LA very much even though both aren't 60

gcubed

PS4 only owners are the only ones "hurt" by this. I'd feel bad if this became a trend moving forward.

so are PC players.

but again, its ubisoft, and if the games hasn't changed much from the beta... its not a very good game.

and its ubisoft.

DieH@rd

Banned
so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms

fzavls.gif

mjnauq.gif

kinggroin

Banned
so are PC players.

but again, its ubisoft, and if the games hasn't changed much from the beta... its not a very good game.

and its ubisoft.

If it's like assassins creed I wouldn't put much stock in PC parity talk. It'll look and mostly run better.

It's still Ubi, soooooo

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
What's wrong with 30 fps racing games? Horizon 2 feels great while driving. 60 fps is ideal, but a solid 30 is fine enough. I've enjoyed horizon 2, midnight club LA very much even though both aren't 60
For me, they can't convey realistic motion so it never feels right. But I don't play 30fps games very often.

The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms.

Thank God for this information.
The game looks like ass anyway but this has completely killed any possibility of me wasting my money on it.

To quote Withnail, "Parity, Ubisoft?!? You can stuff it up your arse for nothing and fuck off while you're doing it"

milenko79

Neo Member
Got my disc copy already on pc. I can play it at 4k 60hz (menu option) on my 3770k and 280x with most stuff maxed. It actually runs great.

thelastword

Banned
Ubisoft has been all about parity, not making AC4 1080p till after launch, Unity being same rez on either console, removing godrays from the PS4 version of FC4. It screams of a company catering to the lowest common denominator.

Rocketz

Ubisoft has been all about parity, not making AC4 1080p till after launch, Unity being same rez on either console, removing godrays from the PS4 version of FC4. It screams of a company catering to the lowest common denominator.

They didn't with Watch_Dogs.

OryoN

I see a lot of folks crying about/blaming parity as though 1080p-60fps is some standard PS4 have been setting or something. Long b4 all this parity drama, Ubisoft spoke about how much optimization it took to get the game running up to par, citing that it ran at 10fps in earlier builds. This game was never going be 60fps on PS4. Quit running this parity issue into the ground already.

23qwerty

I see a lot of folks crying about/blaming parity as though 1080p-60fps is some standard PS4 have been setting or something. Long b4 all this parity drama, Ubisoft spoke about how much optimization it took to get the game running up to par, citing that it ran at 10fps in earlier builds. This game was never going be 60fps on PS4. Quit running this parity issue into the ground already.

Considering how terrible the game looks I'm sure they probably could've got it running at 60fps if it was actually optimized well.

I mean did you think this through at all before you typed it?

Nobody is saying that deciding against parity means 30 fps vs 60 fps. It means that the developer makes some attempt to make use of the individual advantages of each system.
With regards to the PS4's better GPU that could mean better frame rate or it could mean the same frame rate with other graphical improvements.
Other developers have managed to do this without any real problems.

ocean

Banned
Developers and publishers should know the word "parity" is toxic. Why the hell do they keep saying it, zero customers will value it. People with underpowered systems have no choice but to get it if they were gonna get it regardless, and everyone else feels they're getting shafted.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Or dumbing down the ps4 version....
How many open world racers on ps4 run at 60fps? How many 2014 open world games actually run at 60fps on consoles? Curious about what you were expecting.

MMaRsu

Banned

Who said 60fps? Im talking about extra effects, better AA etc. The ps4 is more capable than xbone. That should show.

driver116

firstly it doesnt look good. Secondly devs didnt even bother putting some extra effects in the ps4 version because parity.

They just don't give a shit - look at Unity.
Some additional AA/ texture filtering/draw distance/max onscreen objects would be fine.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
where are the reviews? I thought they didn't wanted to make the same mistake as Unity? wtf ubi
Nobody is doing instinct buy on this, I am sure most of the people are just waiting for the reviews. And only good reviews will sell it, so you are actually damaging this game by not releasing reviews.

LAA

Oh good, parity... I was worried they would try to improve the graphics where they could.

Ha ha the way you worded it made me laugh.

Whatever it's fine. As long as Ubisoft carry on parity, I won't buy their games. ...At least new.

where are the reviews? I thought they didn't wanted to make the same mistake as Unity? wtf ubi

They announced last week out they ain't sending review copies out early as it is online only racer. And they want reviewers to play against the public. A bit like Destiny.

I think FH2 is fine at 30fps. I would say it didn't really bother me after the first few hours, and thats because I had been playing so much Forza 5 at 60fps.

I think for an open world racer, 30fps is alright. For a closed circuit racer I think 60fps should be the target.

This game will be horrible anyway, the writing is on the wall. No point arguing about this.

Nobody is doing instinct buy on this, I am sure most of the people are just waiting for the reviews. And only good reviews will sell it, so you are actually damaging this game by not releasing reviews.

Reviewers had to wait for the game to be released on sale, the game was not playable before launch date. I would expect most reviews to take a couple of days to appear.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
firstly it doesnt look good. Secondly devs didnt even bother putting some extra effects in the ps4 version because parity.

Seems that Ubi gets the PS4 version feature set complete and then spends it's time optimising the Xbox One version.

How many open world racers on ps4 run at 60fps? How many 2014 open world games actually run at 60fps on consoles? Curious about what you were expecting.

It's always humorous when people like you think that res and/or framerate are the only factors of videogame parity. I guess you aren't really to blame, though, given the media's almost exclusive obsession with those two things.

really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms.

This is disgusting. Just blatantly admitting that it's important to not do your job properly. Ugh...

Fuck Ubisoft.

How can you damage a product which is bad to start with? It's a shitty game.

p3tran

Banned

hahaha

I think xboners should make a rule too Mmarsu, just to make things more interesting:

if there is no parity, then there is no buy!

:D

Top Bottom