• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show: "Oh my God, Donald Trump is White ISIS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

[it's satire]

Video: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/0org9p/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-donald-trump--the-white-isis

(Vidme host if CC doesn't work

Hasan Minhaj: "Donald Trump is an extremist leader who came out of nowhere. He's self-financed, recruits through social media, attracts his followers with a radical ideology to take over the world, and is actively trying to promote a war between Islam and the West."
Trevor Noah: "Oh my God Hasan... he's White ISIS.

When you put it that way...

Oppo

that Microsoft Store line was gold

gold, Jerry

Dennis said:
That trivilizes the absolute horror ISIS is inflicting on civilians, including rape and murder.q
Yes, it's gallows humour, but surely you realize this attention is positive

Fishlake

While I don't think the title joke is really acceptable. I understand what they tried to do as a whole.

The line joke killed me though.

Fuchsdh

At least ISIS is soaking up a lot of the tired references that would have been comparisons to Nazis before. That's progress.

In related news, ISIS claims reaponsibility for Trump (satire)
Baghdad: Clearly underscoring its frightening reach all the way to Washington, the Islamic State (IS), popularly known as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for Republican presidential candidate for 2016 Donald Trump. This blatant attack on America bursts the myth that ISIS is limited to the Middle East and doesn’t have access to the US.

“We take complete responsibility for Donald Trump,” ISIS caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi said in an exclusive interview with Khabaristan Times. “This is the biggest attack that we have executed outside the Middle East or South Asia,” he added.

Baghdadi’s announcement comes after Trump was being lambasted by the global media for his ‘shocking’ response to a question in a Trump campaign rally in Rochester, New Hampshire. The question asked was: “When can we get rid of all the Muslims in America?”

“It is safe to say that no one has brought a bad name to so-called Muslims like we have,” Baghdadi said. “Trump is clearly following our anti-Muslim instructions,” he added.

“Only after these non-violent so-called Muslims are eliminated from America, would we, the true Muslims, be able to infiltrate the US.”

The ISIS chief however expressed his surprise that no one had seen through their manoeuvre that is now ‘quite a few months old’.

“Trump, like ISIS, is against vaccinations and immigrants. He manifests supremacism as well. It’s amazing that no one has seen through the façade,” he said.

Dubbing Trump a ‘slowly ticking time bomb that would explode in 2016’, Baghdadi outlined his plans for the US.

“Trump is our khalifa for the American continents. He shall inshallah impose Shariah law in America,” he said. “We couldn’t have found anyone better to establish the totalitarian, narrow and bigoted ideology and jurisprudence of ISIS.”

Condom

Yeah it's a ridiculous comparison. But people love making the "both sides just as bad" argument. It saves them from thinking.
If ISIS had to work in the framework of American politics they would be a far right extremist party/movement. The social and juridical control is what keeps some people in check.

Oh and it's the daily show

nGoFWvt.jpg

Sanjuro

Does it still count as a comedy show if you never laugh?

Over the years I've found Mahr to be funnier than Stewart, but that is just me. He is certainly more at the jaded portion of his career. The show is still enjoyable though and one of the reasons I keep HBO.

shagia

Wasn't his dad an alleged KKK member who refused to rent property to black people?

tbh, I never found this as a good argument, the background of certain people's parents just never really translated correctly for many people with conservative backgrounds (Hillary Clinton) and with that, I can't really feel that way with Donald Trump either, doesn't excuse the fact that the dude's obviously racist though

Trump also beheads his enemies

crucifies non believers.

-6A.png

-6T.png

Crosseyes

Banned
With the kind of promises and attitude Trump holds towards the muslims in the middle east if he got elected... I think a murdering, destroying horde would be a very apt description of Trump's America. Would make me sympathize with groups who actually tried to fight back against a superpower grinding their friends, family, and homes into dust.

benjipwns

Banned
I think a murdering, destroying horde would be a very apt description of Trump's America. Would make me sympathize with groups who actually tried to fight back against a superpower grinding their friends, family, and homes into dust.
Doesn't sound much different from Obama's America. Or Bush's America.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Surprised they didn't go the Nazi route instead.

Take any of Trumps statements about Muslims and replace the word Muslim with Jew. See how it sounds.

Yeah the current daily show feels like an alternative universe imitation.

I really wish Aasif Mandvi was the host.
So fucking this.

Aasif Mandvi really needed to be on that chair. He and Jon Stewart have the same comedic "schtick", so to speak. This Noah dude is just not working.

It's not so dumb to compare Trump to the very group of people his supporters are paranoid about, but then what about the rest of the Republicans? Trump is a condensed form of all of the strongest (and most ridiculous) right-wing ideas in the US, except he doesn't give a care about being politically correct.

bionic77

Trump also beheads his enemies, throws gays off buildings and crucifies non believers.

Oh wait. ...
That's not fair.

Give him at least 2 years to see if he can fulfill these campaign promises.

Rome wasn't built in a day. And it will take awhile to rewrite the constitution. And the Donald is not going to screw over the American people by getting ripped off by contractors when he builds those special freedom ovens. He is going to get us them at a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom