• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division to be released on XBO, PS4, and PC in Q1 2016

Day 1 Spring 2016

• The Division
  • Uncharted 4
  • Mirrors Edge
  • Quantum Break

Halp my wallet ! So many games the end of this year and beginning of next.

Chobel

Ah ok. So for early 2016 we have

The Division
Mirror's Edge
Uncharted 4
Quantum Break
Garden Warfare 2
Street Fighter V
+ more

That's pretty big o.o

Another one, ntkrnl said Platinum Games game for XB1 (Scalebound) is scheduled for March 2016

With this long development time, if this isn't in the game...

iLuhfV5mYth1z.gif

hydruxo

No surprise there, especially after Ubi announced last week that they added a new studio to the development of it. Smart to release this after the rush of shooters this fall though.

Chris1

Why is this highly possible? Sounds like total conjecture to me.

It was an official survey sent out by MS that first started those rumours, doesn't make much sense to add that option in if there was zero chance of it happening. MS also owns the IP of Quantum Break this time, so they'll want to help it sell as much as possible and turn it into a franchise and a free alan wake remaster for preorders would help do just that. Then there's tons of articles about Remedy wanting to do Alan Wake 2 etc and I think there's a strong case for it being real, while I haven't seen anything that suggests it's not happening.

I think it'll happen personally, we should find out next month at E3 for sure anyways.

Prologue

Maybe it would have been better to have The Division in Q4 of this year and Rainbow 6 in Q1 of 2016. We already have Black Ops 2, Battlefront and Halo 5 this Q4. Rainbow is obviously a different kind of shooter than those titles, but it needs room to breathe and attract new players. A Q1 release would have given a nice boost to the player population during a typical gaming drought season.

IvanJ

Banned
As soon as I've read that they are bringing in another development team, I knew that it cannot release in 2015.
Still hoping for a great game, but sincerely expecting the worst...

Welfare

Another one, ntkrnl said Platinum Games game for XB1 (Scalebound) is scheduled for March 2016

With Quantum Break getting delayed I see Scalebound getting pushed back as well, or Quantum Break is a summer title.

Maybe then MS will actually have games released all throughout 2016.

The Division
Mirror's Edge
Uncharted 4
Quantum Break
Garden Warfare 2
Street Fighter V
+ more

That's pretty big o.o

If nothing gets delayed again (highly unlikely IMO) then that'll be a far more exciting lineup for me than this year's holiday season. Kind of like the first half of this year vs. last Christmas, what with the Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight being delayed.

Trogdor1123

Im going to wait and see how the new Assassins Creed ends up being. If it turns out good, I will keep my preorder (got it years back for dirt cheap). Ill just cancel if AC turns out bad. No sweat of my back.

MilesTeg

Banned
I'm skeptical it will hit that release window. That period usually has a few games that were delayed the prior year. For example, Battlefield Hardline and Evolve. Also, Witcher 3, Batman and Project Cars were delayed out of 2014 and were delayed out of the fiscal year as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that few publishers would actually purposely target that release window. If it does release then, then it's possible they just want it out the door by the end of fiscal year and will release it no matter what state it's in. Or, it will get delayed to later on in 2016 which I believe will be the case, especially since Ubi supposedly has an unannounced game coming in that time frame as well.

dr_rus

The Division
Mirror's Edge
Uncharted 4
Quantum Break
Garden Warfare 2
Street Fighter V
+ more

That's pretty big o.o

Uncharted 4 is "Spring 16" though. Which could mean May for all we know.

MilesTeg

Banned
That would still be early 2016. I don't think Uncharted 4 would release that late anyway.

I do think it would release that late. There have been a number of highly successful games which have released in May. Red Dead Redemption, Watch Dogs come to mind. GTAIV was late April IIRC. Witcher 3 is gonna kill it, and Batman is going to do crazy numbers as well. It's increasingly obvious that January-March is too packed with delayed games, and that late Spring/early Summer release period can be very lucrative, similar to a Summer blockbuster movie.

KyleP29

At this rate my top 10 most anticipated games with a 2015 window are dropping like flies.

I mean, im glad they are taking their time and hopefully releasing their best effort as a result.

But i am so sick of these companies (Ubisoft especially) for showcasing these new games and delaying them year after year. Both this and watchdogs will have been revealed almost 4 years before their release with yearly coverage at E3 and a release date just around the corner that gets pushed further and further back. There is just no reason to show these games when they are nowhere near ready.

Duxxy3

At least half of these titles will be delayed to Holiday 2016.

Mirror's Edge
Fall out 4
The Division

Those would be my guesses.

Garden Warfare 2 doesn't have huge expectations and can release whenever
Uncharted 4 would sell at any time of the year
Street Fighter V will want to be out before June, in time for EVO
Quantum Break will release when it's done

NHale

So what do we got for Q1 2016?

Division
Uncharted 4
Quantum Break
Mirrors Edge

I'm almost certain that both Division and Uncharted 4 will end up be Fall 2016 launch games. May/June at the earliest.

With this long development time, if this isn't in the game...

iLuhfV5mYth1z.gif

After some statements from Massive does anyone even believe that what they showed that E3 was just a scripted proof of concept and not a real game?

Leb

After some statements from Massive does anyone even believe that what they showed that E3 was just a scripted proof of concept and not a real game?

Err, what comments? I think most people believe it was a vertical slice representing Massive's aspirational goals for the game's aesthetic. The final product's graphics won't, therefore, constitute a downgrade because there was never an actual game that looked like the original reveal.

NHale

Another one down, any takers on the next? My money's on tomb raider

Rainbow Six: Siege especially if it gets a lukewarm reception at E3. Anything short of winning awards and that game gets delayed to Spring 2016 similar to what happened with Hardline which ended up taking advantage of launching without competition.

Err, what comments? I think most people believe it was a vertical slice representing Massive's aspirational goals for the game's aesthetic. The final product's graphics won't, therefore, constitute a downgrade because there was never an actual game that looked like the original reveal.

The comments saying exactly that: it was only a vertical slice made just for E3 (like Watch_Dogs E3 reveal) and implying there wasn't a game built already. But look at this thread and see how many people are waiting to see the downgradeaton.

Top Bottom