• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn |OT| Did you think you were the only one?

Did some looking around since I have no self control.

Spears are in fact arrows and they are equivalent to steel arrows in damage. They also have very limited range of about 10ft.

Man, Solstheim's southern coast is depressing. It's basically the Ashlands from Morrowind, but in 720p.

It's cool, but depressing. Might be a proof-of-concept for Fallout 4.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, Solstheim's southern coast is depressing. It's basically the Ashlands from Morrowind, but in 720p.

It's cool, but depressing. Might be a proof-of-concept for Fallout 4.

That sounds awesome, actually. I am definitely more fond of the dark fantasy sort of vibe.

Martian

I figured out why there is a month delay for PS3 and PC!

Because Dawnguard and Hearthfire aren't out for PS3 yet, Dragonborn is the first DLC for ps3 and therefore we still have 1 more delayed piece of DLC to go!

rockx4

You have backup saves, though.

Right?

Nah, I cleaned out my extra saves after Dawnguard leaving only my last save. And it doesn't work. This blows.

Edit: I'm guessing it's impossible to download or use PC saves? Not sure I have it in me to redo everything, but I did just buy the DLC, so I might do it anyway. Just sucks ass.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm still in Raven Rock trying to flaunt some dudes drink. Can't do it himself, apparently. Loving this so far but I've barely scratched the surface.

Lots of nice Morrowind-lore, too.

Like Blacklight being the new capital after the Argonians sacked Mournhold, or the Tribunal being replaced by the "Reclamations": Azura, Boethiah and Mephala.

Slermy

Played a dungeon that had switches that needed centurion dynamo cores to progress. Fortunately my follower happened to have some on hand.

Plasmid

Hermaeus Mora
is bane :lol

I'm loving the DLC so far, it feels so fresh, im loving the dungeons and i doubt i'm even a fourth of the way through :D.

The new island is very creepy. The enemies and a quest so far have been off putting.

The southern part is very Morrowind-esque, with ashlands and other stuff, all caused by the eruption of the Red Mountain.

I'll admit, it's pretty depressing, as I said before. But I like it. I still wish we could've gotten some rolling green hills like how it was in Bloodmoon, but I haven't seen the whole island yet.

Plasmid

Alright so i just got to the part where you can mount / ride dragons. I have no idea if they're all the same, this one's from the MQ.

You can ride them, but at the part i'm at he's flying to a specific part.

You can target enemies and let the dragon attack them with fire.

The riding is not glitchy at all, very smooth.

moojito

Well, this is interesting!

your guy dies at the end

Not really, but seriously this is why random spoilers with no context are pointless. Give us some indication of what you're spoiling!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Alright so i just got to the part where you can mount / ride dragons. I have no idea if they're all the same, this one's from the MQ.

You can ride them, but at the part i'm at he's flying to a specific part.

You can target enemies and let the dragon attack them with fire.

The riding is not glitchy at all, very smooth.
So it is on-rails, I'm guessing even outside the main quest it's probably only select flying to specific destinations.

Lakitu

st5fu
Where's the key to Fort Frostmoth? I'm inside but there's a door that requires a key and I can't find it. I'm supposed to go there as part of a quest.

Plasmid

Okay so i think i just finished the MQ. Spoilers ahoy!

Story is cool, they brought back Hameus Mora. Introduced new enemies

Dragon riding is cool, i'm gonna try that out some more.

The ending of the MQ lets you clear all perks if you want for 1 dragon soul per perk.

Mirkaa is a fun boss battle, heals himself by killing all his dragons.

Enjoyable, but not too long.

The main quest took me ~4 hours to beat on Novice. I can see it taking around 7-8 on harder difficulties.

There's so many side quests and dungeons to raid though, so you have a lot of extra time to do stuff.

Trigger

The southern part is very Morrowind-esque, with ashlands and other stuff, all caused by the eruption of the Red Mountain.

I'll admit, it's pretty depressing, as I said before. But I like it. I still wish we could've gotten some rolling green hills like how it was in Bloodmoon, but I haven't seen the whole island yet.

Skyrim is my first ES game so I'm not up on the lore. I was just noting the general tone. It's definitely depressing, but a nice change of pace from Skyrim itself.

Where's the key to Fort Frostmoth? I'm inside but there's a door that requires a key and I can't find it. I'm supposed to go there as part of a quest.

A room full of coffins; just explore more and you'll find it.

Skyrim is my first ES game so I'm not up on the lore. I was just noting the general tone. It's definitely depressing, but a nice change of pace from Skyrim itself.

A room full of coffins; just explore more and you'll find it.

Was in a
knapsack in the middle of the room
for me.

Trigger

These gremlin looking things are just the worst; easy to beat and everywhere at the part of the island I'm at. I was hoping I could use a spear with two hands like a real dragoon too, but spears don't seem worth it at all.

MrBig

This looks really fantastic. Looks like I'm going to have a nice amount of DLC content for when I do my second skyrim playthrough in a year or two :)

Only played the 360 'till now. Once the PC GOTY is out, I'll get that. Should have a PC capable of running this by then.

LOL... I was under the impression that you played the PC version for your second play-through. It must have been another poster... its been a year (can you believe it?!) so a lot is fuzzy now about the original launch OT :)

Good to know I'm not the only one stuck in this conundrum of when to jump into the PC version. I finally built a PC that can play it and all its mods (i7 3930K, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, EVGA 670 GTX, 256GB PCI-E SSD) but wanted to wait till I can get the game with all the DLC in a decently priced bundle. It's insane that the game has barely fallen in price compared to most other games from 2011 and that it's still being supported so nicely.

So, first general impressions? Good? Bad? Apart from flying a Dragon, are there some varied quests or same old kill X or kill Y and fetch quests? Are the new enemies fun to fight? Is the new loot good? How's the main storyline (no spoilers please)

Yeah, I know lots of questions.

Trigger

Ewoks are at least cute.

So, first general impressions? Good? Bad? Apart from flying a Dragon, are there some varied quests or same old kill X or kill Y and fetch quests? Are the new enemies fun to fight? Is the new loot good? How's the main storyline (no spoilers please)

Yeah, I know lots of questions.

No dramatic changes in the quest structure thus far, but the new environments are nice to look at. The quests themselves aren't too different from the main game yet. I haven't started the main quest yet though. The new enemies are ok. They don't have any new tactics save ambushing you in some encounters, but it's nice to having something new to whack.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So it is on-rails, I'm guessing even outside the main quest it's probably only select flying to specific destinations.

Yeah I read that it's directed flight to any fast-travel location.

That's better than I was expecting though. Anybody who actually expected free-form dragon control was destined for disappointment.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ewoks are at least cute.

No dramatic changes in the quest structure thus far, but the new environments are nice to look at. The quests themselves aren't too different from the main game yet. I haven't started the main quest yet though. The new enemies are ok. They don't have any new tactics save ambushing you in some encounters, but it's nice to having something new to whack.
That's nice to hear...

BUT ARE THERE CLIFFRACERS??

Top Bottom