• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT| suoiruF 2 hsalF 2 - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched the arrow episodes again in which Barry was introduced and he was really intelligent so I have a question...

What happened to him? He feels so dumbed down in season two. Let me gues..dumber flash more drama? I mean damn..

Kyoufu

I just watched the arrow episodes again in which Barry was introduced and he was really intelligent so I have a question...

What happened to him? He feels so dumbed down in season two. Let me gues..dumber flash more drama? I mean damn..

Now that his father is out of prison he has no drive left.

Time for Barry to retire and feed Wally some of that Speed Juice.

Joni

He still is intelligent, it is just that he is intelligent in a cast with twenty thousand scientists.

Apt101

I don't think he means intelligent in that sense. Barry is straight up dumb regarding anything not involving forensics.

He helped Wells solves some crazy problem recently. I think the writers are just trying not to make him into a Mary Sue, jack of all trades character. He's the hero who runs fast and does super hero stuff, the supporting cast fills the other roles.

Kyoufu

He helped Wells solves some crazy problem recently. I think the writers are just trying not to make him into a Mary Sue, jack of all trades character. He's the hero who runs fast and does super hero stuff, the supporting cast fills the other roles.

But Barry is dumb even when it comes to superhero stuff. He does dumb things all the time.

Like, in this episode, in the first encounter with King Shark, he just runs a tight circle around him... why? Totally pointless.

The time when he took on Turtle head-on despite knowing what kind of metahuman he's up against rendering everything Oliver taught him in their first crossover episode pointless.

Things like that make me facepalm when it comes to Barry's superhero antics.

Apt101

But Barry is dumb even when it comes to superhero stuff. He does dumb things all the time.

Like, in this episode, in the first encounter with King Shark, he just runs a tight circle around him... why? Totally pointless.

The time when he took on Turtle head-on despite knowing what kind of metahuman he's up against rendering everything Oliver taught him in their first crossover episode pointless.

Well, the writers have to create conflict and they're not trying to be heady. It's CW.

I agree he does stupid stuff and always has. Like standing in place to throw blows when he could simply launch them a mile into the air with momentum. But that wouldn't make for fun TV.

He helped Wells because he's got the natural intelligence to understand complicated subjects and his speed reading allows him to temporarily learn just about anything there's a book on. He doesn't retain that info very long though.

But as for him making dumb decisions in the field.. that's just the same thing it always is. Characters are as smart/dumb or weak/strong as the plot demands.

Joni

In the end he did defeat turtle by running fast at him.

CloudWolf

I'm kinda disappointed with how Zoom looks. He's got this scary look and scary voice with the mask on an fake Jay and Wells kept saying that he's more monster than man. And then Zoom takes off his mask and he's just a plain old Jay. I at least hoped that there would be scarring of some sort.

Kyoufu

I'm kinda disappointed with how Zoom looks. He's got this scary look and scary voice with the mask on an fake Jay and Wells kept saying that he's more monster than man. And then Zoom takes off his mask and he's just a plain old Jay. I at least hoped that there would be scarring of some sort.

I think the point was that he comes across as a monster with his outfit, which is why he has that outfit to begin with. He wants to instil fear into the eyes of all that see Zoom. It doesn't matter what the person inside looks like.

In the end he did defeat turtle by running fast at him.

Yeah but that shouldn't have happened. They should have made him phase through the wall for a surprise attack, but I guess they were saving that for the Reverse Flash episode. :(

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Oh god.

Please no more Barry love angles. I don't think I could take any more of his dumb ass in those situations.
The worst part about it is that you know at the end of the day hes going to just end up with Iris so do us all a favor and just stop with the filler. If you insist on including relationship drama just do it with the other characters

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The worst part about it is that you know at the end of the day hes going to just end up with Iris so do us all a favor and just stop with the filler. If you insist on including relationship drama just do it with the other characters

Cisco and Jesse is going to be a thing, I just know it. And Wells is going to HATE it.

They need to bring Linda Park back. Have someone "normal" that the other characters can bounce off of.

Joni

That can change. There is no indication that Laurel will end up with Oliver for instance. Just keep Barry in a relationship for 5-6 months, no drama, no secrets.

Korosenai

So if zoom is jay, then did he not realize he was fighting his own self and stealing speed before the portals opened up between earths?

Johndoey

Banned
"What if Deadpool was a speedster?"
Creep shots of Spider-man.

Wait Wells MURDERED A DUDE

And we swept that shit under the rug
Well no one liked that dude.

Oh my god

I call it The Plot Prison!
They are literally gas chambers.

Is Zoom-Jay all affectation? Or will unmasked Zoom-Jay try to do the voice or be creepy at all?
All affectation.

Metahumans aren't real people
Sparate but equal
prisons?

Is Zoom-Jay all affectation? Or will unmasked Zoom-Jay try to do the voice or be creepy at all?

H3n5cHK.jpg

"Hey guys"

Yes.

It is about time Barry 'settles' for Iris and this series long nightmare can end.

Yeah cw needs to just learn how to let a character settle into a relationship. Just fucking get him and iris together already God damn...

Maybe that's not what it's viewer base wants tho. Gotta remind myself that a majority of arrow's viewers actually found olicity the best part of last season hahaha

They're prolly eating up this unrequited love angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom