• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
For paedophiles it's normal to abuse children, but it doesn't make it any less acceptable. And that's coming from a big Bethesda fan.
Holy shit..I think you may have jumped the shark with that comparison..

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sure, but that's not really an acceptable excuse in 2015 lol

Standards change and Bethesda seems to be doing fuck all to actually improve in a meaningful way.

What open world rpgs dont launch a broken mess? The takeaway should probably be dont buy and play at launch and probably for a few month afterwards. TBH, you can complain about it but even the best QA in the world isnt gonna make these types of games stable at launch. Its all about what level of bugginess is acceptable.

nkarafo

Overreactions to frame rates and resolutions. That's definitely what this gem should be remembered for.

Is it a younger gamer thing? My teenage years were spent playing through 10-15 FPS games across Saturn, Nintendo 64 and PplayStatin and I loved them. Occasional dips from 30 and 60 in today's games is the videogame equivalent of first world problems.
Well, my teenage years were spent playing 60fps Mega Drive and SNES games. So your low standards don't apply to me.

Besides... it's 2015 now. Saturn/PS1/N64 happened 20 years ago. That's 3 generations of consoles. Maybe it's time to raise your standards as well. Or we can also play games with the same graphics and resolution as back then, by your logic, and say to everyone who complains that he just complains about world problems.

Mahonay

Banned
For paedophiles it's normal to abuse children, but it doesn't make it any less acceptable. And that's coming from a big Bethesda fan.
vhjHB.jpg

Vinc

So I can't keep up with this thread, but my copy will ship early tomorrow morning. Do we have any idea which version will perform best? XB1 vs PS4?

To people asking how this can happen in 2015:

You need to understand that resolution is will always scale on top of everything else.

Playstation 5 is not going to make this problem any less if they keep pushing the system to the brink with effects, shaders, animations and models that leave little for extra frames.

You cannot beat "low framerate". It's not a technical hurdle like you can get rid of jaggies or pop-up by using sophisticated AA, blur or increase the draw distance. framerates is always relative to how much you push it.

They've it since Xbox. Xbox 1 was going to be free 60 fps in everything. Bigger claims with PS3 and 360. Theoretically you could run Fallout 4 at 200 frames per second if you just dialed some of that shit down.

Is the shadows worth it? or their lighting engine? When I play games on PC, shadows is the first thing I reduce to make sure I never get below 60 FPS.
My feeling is that console gamers should be able to turn off these sorts of effects as well. It's dumb that gamers should have no control over this. Give them a option box that says "Disable Shadows" or let them reduce to medium or low quality.

The point of consoles is that they're meant for gamers that don't want to deal with adjusting settings for a subjective optimal performance. Developers shouldn't be releasing games that sacrifice performance too much, but historically, there's been a market for it.

Red Hood

Banned
Yo, what the fuck man. We're talking about videogame frame rates .

Christ almighty this thread is going places.

DansGame.png
Jesus this thread just took a turn for the worse.

I seriously thought that sentence was gonna end with "and that's coming from a big paedophile"

What the fuck is going on in here

this thread is going well

I see your Godwin's Law and raise it.

Holy shit..I think you may have jumped the shark with that comparison..

It's just a comparison for the sake of the discussion for fuck's sake. You all know what I meant. But ironically you're the ones derailing the thread, not me.

Tagyhag

isn't the ps4 pc architecture? doesn't the ps4 have that 8gb gddr ram?

i still don't get how the game can't keep a locked 30 fps.

People have to remember that the PS4 (Like the Bone) does not have full access to those 8GB. It's more like 4-5gb, and then those have to be shared as RAM and VRAM.

And that's not acceptable

its not like the game is unplayable. I have played worse patched versions from bethesda. Bugs and Frame rate has NEVER been Bethesda's strong suit. People have been saying yeah but its 2015 and they said 2010 with skyrim, in 2006 with oblivion and 2008 with fallout 3. they game gets better when it reached GOTY version

Baffles my mind how anyone could state this company cares one single bit about their customers. Constantly release games in a piss poor state, and stuff like this as well?

Yeah it is normal, and that's because defenders and blind ass critics let this nonsense slide. If it was EA or Ubisoft everyone would be up in arms. They need to be reprimanded.

They had an embargo for their review embargo. This plus the policing of footage from players before launch? How could anyone think they have players best interests in mind?

JoseLopez

It's a thread about a serious technical shortcoming...what do you expect?
Considering when CDprojekt red did the same it was met with praise. Most people on gaf much less the Internet don't give a fuck about fps so again anyone in this trying to imply that this will get lower reviews because easily fixed fps issues are either ignorant or blind. Gta v on 360 and last of us on PS3 ran like fucking shit yet almost everyone who played them enjoyed them and gave them fairly high scores. I hope this get fixed but don't spewing blind vetroil on gaf like a kid isn't going to get anything fixed.

Dingle

Neo Member
It's just a comparison for the sake of the discussion for fuck's sake. You all know what I meant. But ironically you're the ones derailing the thread, not me.

You're telling us you don't want to see everyone's oh so funny reaction images?

Jito

Banned

Get a grip, is that the best comparison you can make? You're seriously equating Bethesda to pedophiles and acting like we're the ones derailing the thread.

You might want to rewrite that before people spot something. You're actually stating the opposite of what you intended to, and this statement is bad as it is.

Oh wow you're right, what pedos do is acceptable apparently.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

You might want to rewrite that before people spot something. You're actually stating the opposite of what you intended to, and this statement is bad as it is.

kingwingin

Xbox one version will run better. The fact that it's 1080p and same graphical quality shows that the ps4 version was a port.

If Xbox one version was 900p if be worried

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Well, my teenage years were spent playing 60fps Mega Drive and SNES games. So your low standards don't apply to me.

Besides... it's 2015 now. Saturn/PS1/N64 happened 20 years ago. That's 3 generations of consoles. Maybe it's time to raise your standards as well.

Yeah man, I was playing 16 bit 60fps on those consoles too.

But guess what, the framerate was the sacrifice for 3D. This is what happens. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Everyone wants the "best graphics evaaaarrrr" but then complain over 900p and frame dips.

Yet people like myself get called crazy when we say we would have been more than happy with last gens graphics simple bumped up to a consistent 1080/60 with full AA. Now don't get me wrong, Fallout isn't exactly a looker, so I can understand why many are pissed at the performance, but Christ almighty some of the reactions in here are just.....staggering.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

You should probably step away if you think making those types of comparisons in a video game thread are a path to good discussion.

MacBosse

What in the ever loving fuck is going on in this thread?

People have very different views and tolerance for jank/technical problems/bugs/glitches. I guess that is all of relevance I get out of this thread except funny meltdowns and crazy people.

Tomorrow people, we will see soon enough.

Eusis

I'm convinced VATS only exists because gunplay in Fallout games is atrocious and unreliable, so they need an automatic firing system set up, otherwise you're shit out of luck (especially if looking through a scope, apparently). lol
I'd say it's more that it lets them throw a bone to the less skilled players out there who play RPGs for reasons other than gunplay, nevermind that it kind of IS an attempt to follow the original gameplay system of the first two games.

And man, on another note it feels surreal to see this sort of AAA attention to Fallout given its origins. Flashy displays, militant over broken street dates, that sort of thing. The first two games wouldn't have had that outside of maybe typical E3 stuff and there probably wasn't even a hard street date for them.

Figured this would run the worst on PS4. I just had a hunch.

So if this runs better on XB1 can we finally start to talk about MS marketing deal shenanigans because this would make it 100%. The other games that ran better on XB1 all had marketing deals but anytime anyone brings it up they get a tinfoilhat.gif thrown in their face.
for all we know the ps4 version could be the best optimized of them all.

Lemondish

This whole thing is hostile as FUCK.

All I did was mention they took Skyrim from completely broken to playable and damn those responses. I'll just be over here.

Well, if they could do that, why don't they just take the time to release it in proper condition? CDPR are the same greedy bastards as DICE and Bethesda - way more interested in pushing their brand first by hyping it up by lying about performance and then fixing it later..maybe.

To people asking how this can happen in 2015:

You need to understand that resolution is will always scale on top of everything else.

Playstation 5 is not going to make this problem any less if they keep pushing the system to the brink with effects, shaders, animations and models that leave little for extra frames.

You cannot beat "low framerate". It's not a technical hurdle like you can get rid of jaggies or pop-up by using sophisticated AA, blur or increase the draw distance. framerates is always relative to how much you push it.

They've it since Xbox. Xbox 1 was going to be free 60 fps in everything. Bigger claims with PS3 and 360. Theoretically you could run Fallout 4 at 200 frames per second if you just dialed some of that shit down.

Is the shadows worth it? or their lighting engine? When I play games on PC, shadows is the first thing I reduce to make sure I never get below 60 FPS.
My feeling is that console gamers should be able to turn off these sorts of effects as well. It's dumb that gamers should have no control over this. Give them a option box that says "Disable Shadows" or let them reduce to medium or low quality.

Yeah, I wish console games would allow for more options with the graphics.

I don't really mind that Fallout 4's graphics are weak, but I do feel that there should be a trade off for that. The game should run smooth. At least for the most part. Hopefully what was experienced here is not too widespread or can be fixed, but we'll see.

And if anyone is still interested, ps4 preload is up.

I could almost understand if the game looked great, but I've seen better-looking fps titles (I realize fallout isn't strictly an fps) 7 years ago at least as far as interiors are concerned.

hwy_61

Banned
For people claiming that the XB1 will perform better:

Is there a precedent for this? What game performed better on the XB1 because they had the marketing arrangement?

Kriken

its not like the game is unplayable. I have played worse patched versions from bethesda. Bugs and Frame rate has NEVER been Bethesda's strong suit. People have been saying yeah but its 2015 and they said 2010 with skyrim, in 2006 with oblivion and 2008 with fallout 3. they game gets better when it reached GOTY version

"I've played worse on weaker consoles" should never be brought up in discussions like this. We shouldn't expect the same crap with better hardware, Bethesda needs to step up their game

JoseLopez

People have very different views and tolerance for jank/technical problems/bugs/glitches. I guess that is all of relevance I get out of this thread except funny meltdowns and crazy people.

Dude console games have a long history of running at 60 locked ;)

rjinaz

Yeah that is just it. Just because somebody looks at those clips and doesn't see the problem doesn't mean there is bias or an agenda. It can, but it doesn't have to mean that.

orochi91

I get the logic, but if this is releasing along with a day one patch that fixes potential known issues like this, then it isn't indicative of the final product, just what's on the physical disc/ initial download. They have a right to protect themselves.

You have to remember they're still working on the game even after its gone hold and the first discs are printed.

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that the OP has the day 1 patch installed, or at least that's what he's implying.

But you're probably right, there might be multiple patches on release day for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom