• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmitt

I just hope the trailer doesn't get leaked beforehand, if it really is shown this year

That would be a bit anticlimactic :)

NYR94

In case TLG is not reintroduced, at least Sony needs to step up and tell the fucking true once and for all, give a full interview and stop being evasive, each time some one asks them about TLG, they avoid talking about it at all costs, at least Konami didnt wait to inform P.T cancelation in 2025.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't admit it if the game were cancelled. Why string people along? I can't believe that it's because they think people are still waiting for The Last Guardian to be confirmed before buying a PS4. "They cancelled TLG? Forget it, no PS4 for me." Doesn't sound like reason enough to be so vague.

I just don't understand why they wouldn't admit it if the game were cancelled. Why string people along? I can't believe that it's because they think people are still waiting for The Last Guardian to be confirmed before buying a PS4. "They cancelled TLG? Forget it, no PS4 for me." Doesn't sound like reason enough to be so vague.

Y2KEV says its because if Sony officially cancel the game they lose the IP rights

viveks86

Y2KEV says its because if Sony officially cancel the game they lose the IP rights

If the game doesn't exist anymore, there is no IP to protect. The only thing they need to protect is the trademark. Guess what, nobody will touch it with a ten foot pole after what it has been through. I know superstitions are dying, but any avoidable mindfuckery will be avoided promptly. And if the game isn't getting done anytime soon, no one will care about the name anyway. It doesn't make sense. Whatever is happening with this IP, I don't think it can be explained away that easily.

Mononoke

Banned
If the game doesn't exist anymore, there is no IP to protect. The only thing they need to protect is the trademark. Guess what, nobody will touch it with a ten foot pole after what it has been through. I know superstitions are dying, but any avoidable mindfuckery will be avoided promptly. And if the game isn't getting done anytime soon, no one will care about the name anyway. It doesn't make sense.

Companies can be really weird though about letting go of things. Some companies will even get offered money to sell something they aren't using and don't want to use. They don't even want to do something with it, and someone else does. But companies hate the idea of even possibly losing out on big money, if someone else does something huge with it and makes it a success.

But even though they won't do anything with it anyways (and as a result, they lose money, or at least won't gain money)...they will still be that stubborn. Of course that said, I won't plan to understand to know a thing about Trademarks etc. So sorry if this post is in ignorance.

Yep, I'll be there

Where do I sign up? My dick is available.

May be they WANT to lose.

channing-tatum-creepy-laugh.gif

I'm first in line tho

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That he doesn't already know is telling. My rolodex of industry in-persons, connected connectivities, and contributing informants is vast.

viveks86

Companies can be really weird though about letting go of properties. Some companies will even get offered money to buy something, because they will never do anything with it, and someone else does want to do something with it. But companies hate the idea of even possibly losing out on big money, if someone else does something huge with it.

But even though they won't do anything anyways (and thus, they lose money, or at least won't gain money)...they will be that stubborn. Of course that said, I won't plan to understand to know a thing about Trademarks etc. So sorry if this post is in ignorance.

That makes sense when "it" is established as a product. There is no "it" until it's out. I can make a game right now and call it "Adventures of catbird" and there is absolutely nothing Sony can do to protect their IP, because their IP doesn't exist yet. The only thing that exists is the trademark. At least in the world outside of entertainment, designs are patented. There are no patents here. Without a released game, there is nothing to protect other than the title.

I remember Square Enix patenting UI related stuff for their RPG games a while ago. But as far as I know, there is nothing here that can be protected yet (apart from the title).

If the game doesn't exist anymore, there is no IP to protect. The only thing they need to protect is the trademark. Guess what, nobody will touch it with a ten foot pole after what it has been through. I know superstitions are dying, but any avoidable mindfuckery will be avoided promptly. And if the game isn't getting done anytime soon, no one will care about the name anyway. It doesn't make sense. Whatever is happening with this IP, I don't think it can be explained away that easily.

I agree and I feel thats why NOW is the time to be upfront and honest with us on the game. I could see them not officially canceling it for a couple years after it was internally in the off chance someone like MS may swoop in and fund the IP but at this point its been long enough no one is gonna touch it unless its Sony themselves.

This is the time to be honest Sony. Either announce the game in an official capacity with at least a vague time frame for the release date, or come clean and say its over. Its rude to your fans to string us along like this for years

jayu26

That Y2Kev posts doesn't make any sense. If you apply logic to that post then it would mean that Sony has the worst lawyers in the history of man kind.
Exactly.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That Y2Kev posts doesn't make any sense. If you apply logic to that post then it would mean that Sony has the worst lawyers in the history of man kind.

Exactly.

Spoken like people who do not know my vast network of in-network in-persons.

ryan13ts

I'm a man of my word, never had any intention of backing out. Wouldn't do any good anyways, the internet never forgets, especially GAF.

I'll be enjoying a cock courtesy of GAF should it appear at E3. Anyone man enough for a counterbet? Though I probably don't want to know what could possibly top my bet.

That he doesn't already know is telling. My rolodex of industry in-persons, connected connectivities, and contributing informants is vast.

Spoken like people who do not know my vast network of in-network in-persons.

The best part about these posts is I cant tell if your half fucking with us and making stuff up or half fucking with us and being serious that you know what's going on lol

weevles

Even if Sony has nothing and isn't actively working on getting this game done, it's at a such a mythic level of anticipation/hype, it's valuable just for being that one unrealized IP in the catalog that fans will not give up on. They could string people along indefinitely at this rate even if it morphs far beyond the running joke it is now. I don't think it poisons any interview...it's that ace up their sleeve that they can pull out at any time and go, "here it is finally" and people will buy it just because.

I keep seeing people mentioning The Last Guardian. No way it's appearing at E3 this year. Get real People !.
In fact I'm so sure it won't, I'm ready to suck all the dicks available if The Last Guardian ever makes it on stage at E3.
Can you suck a dick through a movie screen if I Portal that shit?

I keep seeing people mentioning The Last Guardian. No way it's appearing at E3 this year. Get real People !.
In fact I'm so sure it won't, I'm ready to suck all the dicks available if The Last Guardian ever makes it on stage at E3.

Nice, can you PM your address please? I'll take a shower right after the conference and be on my way. Thanks, it's been a while

I'm a man of my word, never had any intention of backing out. Wouldn't do any good anyways, the internet never forgets, especially GAF.

I'll be enjoying a cock courtesy of GAF should it appear at E3. Anyone man enough for a counterbet? Though I probably don't want to know what could possibly top my bet.

I wont end up like my Shulk pal who originated that reworded quote. The tears will be glorious.

Doubling down eh ? I love it

If TLG shows up maybe you two should have to eat each other's dicks ?

I think I'm out of loop, is y2kev implying it appearing is a possibility, or saying it isn't gonna show? Or master level trolling? I'm a simple man to get so caught up in this hype cycle, like clockwork, every damn year. God dammit.

If The Last Guardian does not show up at this E3 I'll use a Knack avatar until the next E3.

Yea, I'm THAT confident.

The bets are flying now. Verendus where are you bro?

I think I'm out of loop, is y2kev implying it appearing is a possibility, or saying it isn't gonna show? Or master level trolling? I'm a simple man to get so caught up in this hype cycle, like clockwork, every damn year. God dammit.

I think he's master level trolling and confusing people but not sure on that lol

jayu26

I wouldn't be surprised if someone now counter-bets that they'll suck a dick if it *doesn't* appear.
You're a little late mate, that boat has already sailed.

Edit: I might have been eat a dick, or... No... So many bets I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom