• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "I ate crow/hat/etc" thread of PS4 reveal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLEEK

on the other hand: can you name a single title for this? do we expect them to trickle out like PS1 games on Vita, before ceasing? what about licensing rights, latency issues, etc etc? they've said lots of stuff, i see no reason to get excited about this as a BC workaround until we get more details. he's not wrong, it's just talk for now.

That's irrelevant. Sony have formally announced that Gaikia (aka Playstation Cloud) will be used for BC.

Obviously it's still just talk at this point in time, as the PS4 hasn't been released yet. Until it's on the shelves and you can buy it, the PS4 is still just talk as well.

IrishNinja

i get that, but without details, your point is likewise irrelevant. what if latency issues make older titles nearly unplayable, or only a small number of titles across 3 gens are supported? would that be a viable form of BC? for me, it would not.

Kimawolf

I ate crow, I didn't think i'd be impressed with anything shown and I was wrong. The capcom Tech demo for their engine was damn impressive. It was the only thing that impressed me though. I thought everything else looked "nice".

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was saying there was no way we'd get 8gb of GDDR5 and thought we'd only see games from GG, Evolution, and one third party. I also thought there would be a lot of PS3 and Vita stuff at the beginning. The crow I'm eating is fucking delicious. I loved being wrong tonight.

The Chef

I doubt it, but clearly, anything is possible. I don't know. If I were Microsoft, I would see this as an opportunity to aggressively pursue a price advantage, and I think they'll be in a better position to cost reduce and get production up to where they want it than Sony will be with PS4. All of that is conjecture though, nothing I'm hearing from sources.

Quoting someone else! WITH ACTUAL QUOTE MARKS. I'll let mods decide on that one, but I don't think that counts.

I said Gaikai wouldn't work for BC. They said they'd like it to some day. There's no crow there.

I always knew none of your information would pan out.

thuway

Thuway chiming in.

I've only posted things that I've seen. I was informed repeatedly of a RAM upgrade btw. You all don't believe me, but Bruce can back me up. I've actually talked to Richard Leadbetter, Lherre, and BGAssasin about the RAM upgrade, and they told me no, which is why I reported what I did about 4 GB and eradicated that source.

I hope I did not disappoint you. I hope some other GAFFer's who know my sources can back me up :-/ . Dont crucify me GAF.

I can't get impressed until I know how much it costs.

I thought the PS3 was the future until $599 US dollars; then I had to hold off on it until I was lucky enough to get it for $300 second-hand in 2008.

If it's pricy again, I'll just have to ignore it until I can afford it. That RAM is crazy, though.

beast786

OS features !

remember how pathetic OS features were in PS3 at launch?

I thought at best they will be in par with live.

This is why competition is great for gamers. MS pushed Sony on these OS features.

stuminus3

Everything is going exactly as I predicted. Which is worrying because I'm also predicting disaster for Sony in about a year from now in the same way Wii U is a disaster for Nintendo so far. :-/

Thuway chiming in.

I've only posted things that I've seen. I was informed repeatedly of a RAM upgrade btw. You all don't believe me, but Bruce can back me up. I've actually talked to Richard Leadbetter, Lherre, and BGAssasin about the RAM upgrade, and they told me no, which is why I reported what I did about 4 GB and eradicated that source.

I hope I did not disappoint you. I hope some other GAFFer's who know my sources can back me up :-/ . Dont crucify me GAF.

Yeah I can completely attest to this. I have different sources than Thuway and they all told me anything more than 4GB was a fanboy pipedream. Even the idea of it being bumped up to 6GB was brushed off. Sony just blew everyone away with this.

Thuway has been completely spot on about a lot of other stuff though plus if there is anything I am more happy to be wrong about its this :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thuway chiming in.

Let's be fair - Sony even surprised some of its own developers with the 8GB announcement. Things can change too quickly in this industry.

Thuway chiming in.

Naughty Dog didn't even know, lol. Don't be so hard on yourself.

mxgt

Banned
I'll happily eat crow when I see more gameplay than boring ass killzone

Like actual gameplay of that Capcom game instead of a HUD slapped on a non gameplay segment.

duckroll

Quoting someone else! WITH ACTUAL QUOTE MARKS. I'll let mods decide on that one, but I don't think that counts.

We don't like to get in the habit of sanctioning bets between individuals with moderation or anything, so this is my contribution as a neutral observer. You did say:

How about you find any example of me saying "secret sauce," ever. I will paypal you ten dollars if you do.

complete with the quote marks, and that's exactly what he found! Lol. :)

Big-E

This Gies guy just gets more and more pathetic. Must suck to know that you fail in all aspects of life and can't even win stupid little bets in your own control.

duckroll

This Gies guy just gets more and more pathetic. Must suck to know that you fail in all aspects of life and can't even win stupid little bets in your own control.

Please don't get personal and start insulting people. It reflects badly. :p

the people who insisted the ps4 wouldnt be called the ps4 because of 'shi' look pretty silly though.

VITA means life and Shi means death, yet PS VITA is "LOL DEAD" and PS4 is revitalizing Sony. Gotta love that.

Edit: Oh shit, just saw why this got bumped, lol!

This is THAT Gies?

8GB #$%#$^ was a really pleasant surprise that no fanboy can downplay for me

That they managed to make such a sleek controller out of that ugly prototype

But I made no bets, so to hell with eating crow.

We don't like to get in the habit of sanctioning bets between individuals with moderation or anything, so this is my contribution as a neutral observer. You did say:

Exactly. I don't even give a shit about the $10 at this point.

I just want someone, for a change, to own up and take responsibility for the crap they say when they get called out for it.

Hell, donate the $10 to a worthwhile charity but at the very least say, "Ok, you found my quote. I'll own up to MY OWN TERMS OF THE BET."

/rant

AkIRA_22

I'll go with the controller, didn't expect it to be useable, let alone comfortable (looking).

Gies is a joke

tumblr_lum1g73mR41r6w0cpo1_500.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I can't eat crow for the conference itself, but I can eat crow because I honestly thought the PS4 wouldn't get announced til late next year.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Ouch!

Gaf is full of pseudo insiders who claim to have insider knowledge. Gies is just one of its biggest offenders when it comes to insider claims. He has actually proven that he doesn't really know anything.

aegies should have zero credibility on this forum. Period. He could give every PS3/PS4 title a perfect score and I would still think there was an ulterior motive at play given his history.

Interfectum

Oh mah lawd. How long before Gies whines on twitter about the internetz picking on him?

But back on topic. I thought that the PS4 unveiling was about the best Sony could possibly do without showing their entire hand. I thought it was pretty damn impressive, especially since a Polyphony, Naughty Dog, or Santa Monica game was nowhere to be seen.

But back on topic. I thought that the PS4 unveiling was about the best Sony could possibly do without showing their entire hand. I thought it was pretty damn impressive, especially since a Polyphony, Naughty Dog, or Santa Monica game was nowhere to be seen.

They're saving that goodness for E3 along with the physical console reveal, I bet

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
At this point, Gies has as much credibility as a certain banned site that starts with 'S' and ends with 'G', which is to say none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom