• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "I ate crow/hat/etc" thread of PS4 reveal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

So not only is he a corporate apologist, but he's also a bet welsher too.

One of the surest signs that I'm going to dislike a person is if I find out they are the type to welsh on a bet. Such a lowlife thing to do.

I've made some absolutely stupid bets in my day (culminating in me betting an entire paycheck on the lyrics to a song, and yes I was wrong) but you better believe I manned up on all of them. Ducking out on a bet is truly indicative of a person's character in my opinion.

Replicant

Hmmmm, secret sauce:

DxpfPnv.png

Jharp

Oh god, Gies + GAF is my favorite gaming couple ever.

Crazy thing is, if he just took his own ego down a peg or two, admitted he was wrong, and paid this guy the $10 he owes him, he'd probably stop getting as much shit as he did. You know, if he stopped acting like a dipshit.

Shame that people are constantly calling him different racial and homophobic slurs on twitter though. I only imagine it makes him feel justified, like he's engaging in some sort of noble fight in the face of overwhelming odds. Talk about a fucking superiority complex.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hopefully he's keeping his gob shut ( I don't know, I don't use twitter ) by now because we've churned that dead horse to dust by now.

With regards to the thread, I'm definitely eating crow - in the best possible way - as I laughed at the idea of 4gb let alone 8 gb ddr5 GAF ™.

­

On the eve of the Xbox One launch and the money that Polygon is sure to make with its coverage, I just wanted to remind Arthur Gies of the bet that he welched on. Hopefully, he will not only try and do the right thing with honoring this bet, but also up the quality and "objectivity" of Polygon's coverage of ALL systems.

How about you find any example of me saying "secret sauce," ever. I will paypal you ten dollars if you do.

Quoting someone else! WITH ACTUAL QUOTE MARKS. I'll let mods decide on that one, but I don't think that counts...

We don't like to get in the habit of sanctioning bets between individuals with moderation or anything, so this is my contribution as a neutral observer. You did say:

complete with the quote marks, and that's exactly what he found! Lol. :)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
On the eve of the Xbox One launch and the money that Polygon is sure to make with its coverage, I just wanted to remind Arthur Gies of the bet that he welched on. Hopefully, he will not only try and do the right thing with honoring this bet, but also up the quality and "objectivity" of Polygon's coverage of ALL systems.

What i don't understand is why he just won't pay up to put this to rest. If you are wrong you are wrong. Put the money up homie and move on. Neogaf will think better of you for it.

Honestly I don't even really mind Gies much. However, he should make right on this bet.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
lol... who the hell backtracks on a ten buck bet?! Pathetic. Just pay up, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom