• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

GrayFoxPL

This, tell me that's a bug or something

I want a matchmaking system for non ranked without going through a party

Game seems to be rare and/or super expensive in Europe. At least it is in my homeland.

Probably that's why.

Yeah we need more matchmaking options.

yagal

Game seems to be rare and/or super expensive in Europe. At least it is in my homeland.

Probably that's why.

Yeah we need more matchmaking options.

Where are you from?
I live in Italy and since I own the game I have only seen 2 italians in a party :(
The game is 62€ on amazon.it, I don't think that the problem here in Italy is price or the availability, the KOF community is just small and old

But fortunately the french community is bigger

GrayFoxPL

Where are you from?
I live in Italy and since I own the game I have only seen 2 italians in a party :(
The game is 62€ on amazon.it, I don't think that the problem here in Italy is price or the availability, the KOF community is just small and old

But fortunately the french community is bigger

Poland. The game is so scarce a seller(out of two total) had to import the game from somewhere and I waited a week extra for it. It cost me like 80$ dollars.

Community probably non existing here post neogeo emulation times.

vsMIC

just fought a verse (?) endboss in online... as a newbie to kof thats pretty stupid !

otherwise so many lp mash punishes...

still love the new kof

GrayFoxPL

First time I have trouble hopping in KOF. Normal jumps are too sensitive. I notice doing uf-down helps somewhat.

I miss afterimages for hyper jumps, every jump looks almost the same.

Xevren

Man I just can't keep Angel players out of the air, feels really hard to anti air her jump ins without a dp and even going to air to air hasn't been effective.

Man I just can't keep Angel players out of the air, feels really hard to anti air her jump ins without a dp and even going to air to air hasn't been effective.
Is it the full jumps or short hops that are giving you trouble? If the latter, mashing st.A could get you out of those situations with most characters

shaowebb

Yeah, what's the answer here? lol

I would have liked her character a lot more without the double hops that travel full screen.

My solution to Mian is adding Whip as DLC :p

Real talk...K' and Mui Mui. Fire Crow and dem hop kicks screw with her.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You don't HAVE to attack everything a person throws at you! Mian's's flying dives Aren't the safest thing in the world; Getting around them and letting her land on the ground is one of the best ways to put her in a bad position, since she has to recover from it.

The next best way is to block the kicks, and let her come down unsafely somewhere, or to just neutral jump, and beat her dive with an air D or something.

I love her divekicks for travel and being able to cancel into an "air Dash" out of landed normals with no recording around..

qcf x2

My solution to Mian is adding Whip as DLC :p

Real talk...K' and Mui Mui. Fire Crow and dem hop kicks screw with her.

Whip is my all time fav KoF character so I'm with you! They gotta hold something back for KoF XV though ;)

By hop kicks do you mean Mui's qcf + k move?

SAB, your video was on point, I'm def gonna mess around with Clark now.

Clark is the only grappler with chain-able crouch LKs. That's kind of a big deal. You can confirm into the LP gatling which can go to super, and his 1 bar damage isn't far behind most characters. Having great jumping normals for various angles and that speed makes him very flexible, which is how he is meant to be played.

As a grappler he's not that interesting/strong. But as a "normal" character with a 1f cmd grab, he's damn good.

(It's that or Benimaru, really)

BadWolf

Nice!

It's not clear if Daigo will be playing himself instead of just letting others show off the game, but it's be neat if he ended up coming up with and demonstrating interesting anti-Nakoruru techniques with underused characters like Xanadu, and in the process helping to quell some recent concerns about the character.

Iirc he mentioned on a recent stream that he played some 94 and 95 back in the day but that's about it when it comes to his experience with KOF. He said he was interested in XIV but didn't know if he would play it competitively.

Tbh he is way too invested in SF at this point to play any other fighter I think. Though if he did decide to play one then XIV would probably be one of the better choices for him since out of the current crop of fighters it is the most old school along with SFV.

I'm more interested in if Tokido will get into XIV, he was easily one of the best XIII players and adored that game.

Tripon

Daigo is in Portugal, at Lockdown, a CPT event.

Fuudo is the temporary host and asked the chat crowd what game they wished to see next and they picked KOF XIV.

Hyun Sai

Cry4_bzWcAERm2Y.jpg:large

I watch a bit of the stream. Fudo was doing well with Athena once he got comfortable with her. He ended up liking the game after playing it the first time.

BadWolf

One thing I'm noticing is that JP players are a lot more likely to leave after losing once or stop playing altogether in the middle of a match after losing one or two characters. They just leave the controls and let you finish them.

I watch a bit of the stream. Fudo was doing well with Athena once he got comfortable with her. He ended up liking the game after playing it the first time.

He could be strong in this game in no time I think.

Ramon so good.

Been running hm along with Vice (who looks super cute in this game btw) and he is just so slick here, they did a great job designing and animating him. His moves and combos are so satisfying, his running grab has always been one of my fave throws ever to land.

Where can I find lists of combos (preferably optimized) for each character? Everything on YouTube shows the visuals but no inputs, and I can't learn like that. :p

Edit: Sometimes in videos I see Geese do an air fireball that doesn't push him back. How does one do this?

Amedo310

Meitenkun has no useful punishment tools at mid-range. I like the character a lot but he is mediocre. He can even punish Iori first or second hits of his rekkas with sweep.

DunpealD

Yesterday Juicebox did a first to ten(?) against ECT second place MarshalLaw.
For anybody interested here's the link with timestap.

Another topic. Is it just me or is KoFXIV EU very thinly populated? Whenever i go for a search I only see Asia or US.

BadWolf

MadKOF vs Verna (PS4 Arena Preliminary Grand final)

Great match, Verna's Leona and Robert are amazing.

Super disappointed in Madkof, plays like any other spammer. In XIII his Mature was actually solid but here he's no better than Nerdjosh, if he isn't in max mode spamming her DP then he's as good as finished.

Where can I find lists of combos (preferably optimized) for each character? Everything on YouTube shows the visuals but no inputs, and I can't learn like that. :p

Edit: Sometimes in videos I see Geese do an air fireball that doesn't push him back. How does one do this?

This guy is creating vids for each character and has inputs listed.

As for Geese's air fireball, as with pretty much any air move, tiger knee it to get an instant version.

Hyun Sai

MadKOF vs Verna (PS4 Arena Preliminary Grand final)

Great match, Verna's Leona and Robert are amazing.

Super disappointed in Madkof, plays like any other spammer. In XIII his Mature was actually solid but here he's no better than Nerdjosh, if he isn't in max mode spamming her DP then he's as good as finished.

I agree. I THINK that's what may happen when playing so many characters with so few weeks after release, it was really strange in fact.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Frionel takes it with the cheap dirty team like he calls it lol. GG to Alioune for a second place at his first KoF tournament.

AMAZING choice for the song at the end tournament, Michel Fugain "Fais comme l'oiseau" ("Act like a Bird"). Everybody was dead LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiC8iZxrUpc

Official KoF Theme in France as of now !

is it just me or is there some input issue with terry's rising tackle?

Its like it comes out when you dont fully perform the motion. I notice it most when i do sweep into powerwave.

This doesnt happen with any other character with similar motions.

I agree. I THINK that's what may happen when playing so many characters with so few weeks after release, it was really strange in fact.

Once Mature's add a level to the mindgame of applying block pressure, frame traps, and doing dps, it's going to get pretty scary. Just blocking ex Mature's specials really does a number on your block gauge, that having to burn meter just to guard cancel roll or blowback still is a proposition that makes you lose something out of it if they read it (There was a spreadsheet of Guard blowback punishes I've seen on reddit, I think her pressure will get scarier if someone gets a feel for that). I think something like consecutive EX despairs will always be on people's mind, we know she is negative (when she is too far to be thrown at least), but there is always the threat of another, while getting throw punished for doing it too close honestly isn't too big for Mature most of the time.

GrayFoxPL

is it just me or is there some input issue with terry's rising tackle?

Its like it comes out when you dont fully perform the motion. I notice it most when i do sweep into powerwave.

This doesnt happen with any other character with similar motions.

This game has some crazy lenient buffers. Eg. to do Beni's Iai geri it's just simply: qcf+k,u+k.

I'm shooting supers in this accidentally when I just want simple specials, lol.

Yeah, I mentioned it earlier, but I have a ton of issues with getting Rising Tackle and Kim's flash kick when I try to do QCBs from a crouching position. I have to end my directional inputs earlier than I do in other games which is a bit awkward to do all of the time.

Deps

Finally starting to be able to consistently hop around. 1p side is still hard, but doing f, uf, f seems to work alright.

Top Bottom