• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

They also need to add a filter for regions... Same and All is not enough. Right now for me it's :

Same : France
All : World.

I need a way to see the lobbies from Europe, and it's almost impossible in a "World" research because of all the japanese lobbies.

DR2K

Banned
Given her motions I think Angel should be the best character in the game. There's really no reason to pick her.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gave my boy Clark another try... and i dont think he's good.
I mean he can do good damage but only through his DMs, he doesnt have gatling punch loops or autoguard on his LK SAB ... SNK pls buff my boy.

I think that Clark is legit the worst grappler in the game... maybe im overreacting but he was so good in XIII that i was expecting more for him in XIV

Loona

There is a connexion filter in SFV. We have the choice to accept or not casual and ranked matches when we see the opponent bars. That makes all the difference. They need to implement that for KoFXIV.

The bar display seems a bit messed up for the time being even if the connection quality tends to be good - filtering based on that isn't that reliable right now...

They also need to add a filter for regions... Same and All is not enough. Right now for me it's :

Same : France
All : World.

I need a way to see the lobbies from Europe, and it's almost impossible in a "World" research because of all the japanese lobbies.

Amen - my account is set to Portugal even if I'm currently living in the Netherlands, Same hasn't returned any results for me, and searching All tends to bring up a lot of US and Japan rooms...

Hyun Sai

The bar display seems a bit messed up for the time being even if the connection quality tends to be good - filtering based on that isn't that reliable right now...

Amen - my account is set to Portugal even if I'm currently living in the Netherlands, Same hasn't returned any results for me, and searching All tends to bring up a lot of US and Japan rooms...

I'm in the Caribean, and of course, my region is France. I'm litteraly FORCED to search All to have a chance finding US lobbies.

Not sure sure if this has been shared yet, but TSS Atma has discovered a kinda/sorta OS for Nakoruru involving bird cling on wakeup

https://youtu.be/eCl2wzCQGt8

Great news, all those anti-Nakoruru techs starting to appear !

Wait...

bird cling as it works now is a move I'd still want patched even if Chang was the one who had it because it just makes no fucking sense

Except, you know, fun.

Not everybody wants to be a part of the Nakoruru army just because she's good.

some people probably rock both on the same team too

she'll body people on unfamiliarity alone for a while and after that the actual mix-ups will begin

Great news, all those anti-Nakoruru techs starting to appear !

Wait...
My reaction as well. It seems like not only are players getting frustrated in finding ant-Nak tech, but we're finding more stuff that makes her stronger. It's like what JuiceBox said, if money is on the line, there's no reason not to play her, unfortunately.

Love Heart
Terry
Ramon

Wasn't feeling Ban after playing him. I feel like he needs something to make him work better. Kukri is on the bench, but I'd love to bring him out once I get better at the game.

Now, Love Heart - goddamn. For some reason it feels like playing Poison and Sagat mixed together. Good damage on simple shit. Terry reminds me of Nash slightly, so it was a good fit from SFV. Of course, this is all grazing stuff since neither character plays similar to the SF counterparts, but they get me in the mood.

Ramon takes some work, but he's dirty. I played a match against a dude and ran circles around him. Really need to work on my confirms though in this game.

Okay. Locking it in. No changing for a long while. I promise.

BadWolf

Gave my boy Clark another try... and i dont think he's good.
I mean he can do good damage but only through his DMs, he doesnt have gatling punch loops or autoguard on his LK SAB ... SNK pls buff my boy.

I think that Clark is legit the worst grappler in the game... maybe im overreacting but he was so good in XIII that i was expecting more for him in XIV

Been playing him the last couple of days and he's pretty fun and effective, not so much worse than the XIII version as just different.

He lost some tricks but at the same time gained various new ones.

LK SAB spammers from XIII will cry though.

For everyone that wants to be added for matchmaking, you can edit the Google Doc that is in the OP.

I hope ya'll don't mind, but I cleaned those tables up a bit and added a best time of availability column. I encourage all to utilize that with their timezone added to it, along with days of the week as well, if needed/possible.

yagal

I've started to run into more ragequitters in ranked.. Is there even a penalty if you RQ.. ? =/

Haven't seen one one of those maybe is because ....

.. I lose every fucking time
24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

I'm looking for a character with a strong and good range st C or D, like Kula

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Been playing him the last couple of days and he's pretty fun and effective, not so much worse than the XIII version as just different.

Im one of those !! lol
You can see why im complaining :3

There is a connexion filter in SFV. We have the choice to accept or not casual and ranked matches when we see the opponent bars. That makes all the difference. They need to implement that for KoFXIV.

yes, we have a choice but you can still get bad connections even if they wear the 5 bar mask.

I've started to run into more ragequitters in ranked.. Is there even a penalty if you RQ.. ? =/

yes, it looks like you can filter people with low match completion rate out. i only play with the filter on. no ragequitters so far. so if you ragequit yourself you can get filtered out by the legit players.

Nah, this Clark sucks ass. He lost tricks, gained shit, no LK mind games, no 98 style combo into grabs with standing HP, F LK, and grab. The Forward LK is so damn slow this time around. His normals aren't as effective as past games either. His 13 standing HK was far superior. made people fear running into him and made people respect him. It hits too high which I guess prevents jump ins, but he no longer has anything aiming downwards with his jumping attacks. He needs his jumping hp elbow back to give people fear. His Forward LK HK also seems quite nerfed. BOO THIS CLARK.

BadWolf

Nah, this Clark sucks ass. He lost tricks, gained shit, no LK mind games, no 98 style combo into grabs with standing HP, F LK, and grab. The Forward LK is so damn slow this time around. His normals aren't as effective as past games either. His 13 standing HK was far superior. made people fear running into him and made people respect him. It hits too high which I guess prevents jump ins, but he no longer has anything aiming downwards with his jumping attacks. He needs his jumping hp elbow back to give people fear. His Forward LK HK also seems quite nerfed. BOO THIS CLARK.

He just got his own normals back:

clark-xi-jump-attacks.gif

clark-xi-standing-attacks2.gif

clark-xi-standing-attacks.gif

clark-xi-ugly-spinkick.gif

The ones in XIII were Ralf's and were given to Clark for obvious reasons in that game.

His overhead is fine and a huge buff, look at how 'slow' Kim's overhead is and then consider how often people get hit by it and then eat a max combo. Clark can do the same thing now. LK+HK hop feels about the same.

He lost some of his old combos but has gained new ones.

Menitta

How do you learn Angel? She's a chain character, but...how...

Also, I wish Vanessa was in this game. She's up there with Dudley when it comes to boxers.

I never got a 5 bar connexion in SFV that was worse than all the 1 bars I got in KoFXIV, so yeah, my experience of ranked in SFV is much superior...

i wish. my worst 5 bar connections in SFV are hell because the rollback is clearly one sided. dude is having a good time while he's porting around on my screen. i can only put the stick aside and wait for it to end.

shaowebb

As both an animator and as someone who used to train in martial arts whatever the hell that move is bothers me on so many levels. It just looks completely horrible from both an animation and functional perspective. Dude ain't even flexible enough to straighten out the leg and his arms are all over the place. Plus why the spin?

As both an animator and as someone who used to train in martial arts whatever the hell that move is bothers me on so many levels. It just looks completely horrible from both an animation and functional perspective. Dude ain't even flexible enough to straighten out the leg and his arms are all over the place. Plus why the spin?

never forget his 03/XI LDM

Perhaps the animators were trying to demonstrate him as one of those older cats that join Martial Arts classes that totally fucks up the movements of the technique, lol. Yeah, he should be throwing that leg out during the spin, but he retardedly does it after fully spinning, all uncoordinated like.

qcf x2

Love Heart
Terry
Ramon

Wasn't feeling Ban after playing him. I feel like he needs something to make him work better. Kukri is on the bench, but I'd love to bring him out once I get better at the game.

Now, Love Heart - goddamn. For some reason it feels like playing Poison and Sagat mixed together. Good damage on simple shit. Terry reminds me of Nash slightly, so it was a good fit from SFV. Of course, this is all grazing stuff since neither character plays similar to the SF counterparts, but they get me in the mood.

Ramon takes some work, but he's dirty. I played a match against a dude and ran circles around him. Really need to work on my confirms though in this game.

Okay. Locking it in. No changing for a long while. I promise.

Bandeiras does a lot of meterless damage and he has one of the easiest confirms into climax in the game (target combo into juggle kick into juggle super into climax). Works from anywhere on the screen. I don't really get the point of his grab though, other than so you really know he's a ninja.

Boy the kyokuken bunch is bad.

The Houken has such terrible reach.

If you meant kyokugen they are tough to beat :-\ Ryo is like easy mode. Not quite Kula/Iori/Kyo easy mode but just a step behind.

Yuri is fun to use, st D max st D ex reflector ex air grab does something like 369 dmg and works mid screen.

BadWolf

I don't really get the point of his grab though, other than so you really know he's a ninja.

A 1F command grab is rarely not useful, especially one that you can combo after 3 lights and can stick onto the end of a teleport.

I also like how it has a slightly different animation if you do it while running, nice attention to detail.

qcf x2

A 1F command grab is rarely not useful, especially one that you can combo after 3 lights and can stick onto the end of a teleport.

I also like how it has a slightly different animation if you do it while running, nice attention to detail.

See, I never even thought to try comboing into it, lol. I instantly change my mind.

Aww yeah, got my first ranked ragequit. Someone rocking Team Ikari warriors couldn't handle point Geese.

Honestly with the way my execution has been Geese has probably been my most consistent character. For some reason my specials tend to end in up back so what should be easy confirms for Terry and Kim become life threatening DP whiffs. It's not so much a problem with Terry beyond missed damage but man Kim feels the pain when I screw that up.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Cry3BAoUkAAYNb1.jpg:orig

At least they're not still in development, right? XD

-----

Decided to make a Vid on some Clark Stuff.

Speaking about Clark in this game, as you guys were yesterday... He's not XIII Clark, and not 2k2UM or such, but I do like him here. I always thought Clark has some stupid normals on his own (not his Ralf Shared ones), but they seem to have solid purposes here. His crouching C has CRAZY range, and confirms into hcf+p run tackle from almost max distance. Far D is a great aggressive anti-jump / slow footsie check. His Jump CD is still good at pressuring people on block, and far B isn't too bad. fwd+LK STOMPING is great to do on people wakeup / recovery rolls, which mixes well with his heavy knockdown high/low game. I miss the Gattling juggles, but you get them out of EX Gatling still, so no HUGE loss. And unlike Leona, he kept his Air throw! No Napalm Stretch, but he is one of few to keep a linkable EX move (EX Vulcan punches into EX SAB), which is kinda nice, and unusual for this game.

Command Hop is really nice for cancelling out of normals, and hopping UNDER people who jump towards you, to throw them off, and get an attack in. It's a very nice spot of mobility that can be canceled into from any normal that hits, or his blocked, and this gets him into his optimal throw range stupid easy (without having to do Gattling attack, and put himself at greater risk.) And because it counts as air frames, if they do jab you out of the hop, you're not as unsafe as you would be in a normal dash.

The only thing I really don't like about him is his lack of ability to Super Cancel SAB, or Flashing Elbow. . He can MAX cancel into EX versions of his throws and get more utility out of them there, but there's not many characters in this game who can't SC out of their main B&B ender.

The Return of Running Three, Tackle and it's ending variations, and his unique normals, along with hop added to those, makes him a unique flavor of Clark that I feel doesn't answer anyone CLARK wants directly, but plays him off as something new. I feel like he had a lot of work done to him between XIII and XIV, but none of what he has seems to be as appreciated as one might hope. I wish Vice got half the work on restoring moves as he did. I'd love her 2 hit D to come back, and Blackened (hcf+p) with start-up invuln. Or an anti-air Deicide, as she had in CVS series. And lets not speak of Outrage (qcb+k). EX Outrage into EX Blackened SC into Ground DMs (on slams) or AA CDM (after the toss up) would have been very nice.

I never understood why Hanzo had the varied version in the first place, lol. Ok, it can pull you into corners, and it is a nice hint that "you can do this while dashing, by holding down-forward to continue you dash, and pushing up/upback/upforward and punch when you get to the opponent", but... Why? I always loved the detail, though, because it was such a great way to end a match with Hanzo.

See, I never even thought to try comboing into it, lol. I instantly change my mind.

It's a good thing to keep in mind universally, even in this KOF. Command throws combo really easily off lights, which is kinda-like a Kara throw, in that it makes the spacing ridiculous.

And for the characters that aren't so lucky (Like Tung, who'se command throw has an oddly short range and misses at the full length of some normals), the EX versions generally cover the weaknesses.

BadWolf

Bandeiras' combos are really satisfying to do, especially the ones involving his launcher super.

I like how his knee bounce move, jumping CD etc., give his play a soccer like feel.

Excellent vid and post man, great job showing his new tools. Glad that you pointed out bypass as well, find myself using it a lot with him.

His cr.B into close st.C link feels very lenient, more so than it was with Ralf in XIII, but I'm kind of ignoring it because in XIV far st.C seems to come out if the cr.B is blocked.

I never understood why Hanzo had the varied version in the first place, lol. Ok, it can pull you into corners, and it is a nice hint that "you can do this while dashing, by holding down-forward to continue you dash, and pushing up/upback/upforward and punch when you get to the opponent", but... Why? I always loved the detail, though, because it was such a great way to end a match with Hanzo.

Me neither lol but I'm glad it's there.

Fersis

Cry3BAoUkAAYNb1.jpg:orig

At least they're not still in development, right? XD

-----

Decided to make a Vid on some Clark Stuff.

Speaking about Clark in this game, as you guys were yesterday... He's not XIII Clark, and not 2k2UM or such, but I do like him here. I always thought Clark has some stupid normals on his own (not his Ralf Shared ones), but they seem to have solid purposes here. His crouching C has CRAZY range, and confirms into hcf+p run tackle from almost max distance. Far D is a great aggressive anti-jump / slow footsie check. His Jump CD is still good at pressuring people on block, and far B isn't too bad. fwd+LK STOMPING is great to do on people wakeup / recovery rolls, which mixes well with his heavy knockdown high/low game. I miss the Gattling juggles, but you get them out of EX Gatling still, so no HUGE loss. And unlike Leona, he kept his Air throw! No Napalm Stretch, but he is one of few to keep a linkable EX move (EX Vulcan punches into EX SAB), which is kinda nice, and unusual for this game.

Command Hop is really nice for cancelling out of normals, and hopping UNDER people who jump towards you, to throw them off, and get an attack in. It's a very nice spot of mobility that can be canceled into from any normal that hits, or his blocked, and this gets him into his optimal throw range stupid easy (without having to do Gattling attack, and put himself at greater risk.) And because it counts as air frames, if they do jab you out of the hop, you're not as unsafe as you would be in a normal dash.

The only thing I really don't like about him is his lack of ability to Super Cancel SAB, or Flashing Elbow. . He can MAX cancel into EX versions of his throws and get more utility out of them there, but there's not many characters in this game who can't SC out of their main B&B ender.

The Return of Running Three, Tackle and it's ending variations, and his unique normals, along with hop added to those, makes him a unique flavor of Clark that I feel doesn't answer anyone CLARK wants directly, but plays him off as something new. I feel like he had a lot of work done to him between XIII and XIV, but none of what he has seems to be as appreciated as one might hope. I wish Vice got half the work on restoring moves as he did. I'd love her 2 hit D to come back, and Blackened (hcf+p) with start-up invuln. Or an anti-air Deicide, as she had in CVS series. And lets not speak of Outrage (qcb+k). EX Outrage into EX Blackened SC into Ground DMs (on slams) or AA CDM (after the toss up) would have been very nice.

It's a good thing to keep in mind universally, even in this KOF. Command throws combo really easily off lights, which is kinda-like a Kara throw, in that it makes the spacing ridiculous.

And for the characters that aren't so lucky (Like Tung, who'se command throw has an oddly short range and misses at the full length of some normals), the EX versions generally cover the weaknesses.
Thanks for the vid and the Clark love.

That stuff was godlike.

I wish you could combo the tackle after EX Gatling punch... i wonder if it works on the corner.

GrayFoxPL

Hey I fought LiangHuBBB in ranked. It was close and went down to Terry vs Terry in the last round and he got me. But I got his Nakoruru, haha.

Was fun.

Every room is JPN, TWN, KOR, SIG etc. Game almost doesn't exist in Europe. :(

Top Bottom