• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian is dead and you will deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriAceJP

Thank you for this thread.

I don't understand why people are so hyped about a game that had a non-game play trailer five years ago.

Sure, you may be a fan of the studio. However, they have failed to deliver any interesting news about the project since the initial trailer.

Let it be forgotten until they are able to make us remember.

HariKari

It will be an entirely different game.

And you know this for a fact? Legitimate question.

I'm not downplaying the fact this game is in development hell and may very well stay there.

But we did see a few Sony execs come out to defend it, so this dogpiling seems unnecessary at best.

Dr.Acula

Banned
dO9vlZe.jpg

GAF: Something wrong, mod?
Y2Kev: Yep. TLG is dead.
GAF: What about TGS?
Y2Kev: Not there. [bans]
GAF: You know, one day honest citizens are going to stand up to you crooked mods.
Y2Kev: They are!? Oh no! Ha-have they set a date?

Are you funding the game or Sony? The money is a non issue for us, its Sony's problem.

Also dont forget that Sony would is the ones that fund more risky, creative games unlike EA and UBI who would shoot down something like TLoU or make it a typical TPS without any of the magic that ND has and adds to their games.

Dude, they prolly shitcanned half that studio a year ago. At any rate I honestly did not think it was going to show. For whatever reason I am waiting one more year.

It's fucking dead. It's dead and you people need to get over it.

You know how dead it is? It's Beyond Good and Evil 2 dead, that's how dead it is. It's The Agent dead, never going to see the light of day.

Fucking mark it here, it's six feet under.

Axass

If someone from Team ICO or Sony would like to contact me to give me the full story of this game's development or explain why exactly we haven't seen anything from this game in four years, they can write it on some toilet paper and I'll wipe my ass with it cause this is all bullshit.

When the Naughty Gods logo appeared I literally screamed "NO".

televator

Lol last guardian looked like one of them sappy non-games anyway. Who cares about that kinda trash? Definetly not me. Its not like I cried my eyes out playing SotC or was captivated by the beauty of Ico or anything. That stuffs for losers.

Crayolan

Dat mod power abuse.

But yeah, it's dead. I'd be surprised if Team Ico still exists as anything more than a name at this point.

Garcia

fuck this, i was reallly hoping the last trailer was "the last guardian"... damn you sony.

i want my trico

Just why the hell did people think they would all of a sudden release a trailer when there hasn't been a single thing shown or leaked for the last 5 years. There was just a tech demo/trailer and nothing else.

It's fucking dead. It's dead and you people need to get over it.

You know how dead it is? It's Beyond Good and Evil 2 dead, that's how dead it is. It's The Agent dead, never going to see the light of day.

Fucking mark it here, it's six feet under.

Then we will build necromancers.

Kriken

Love me some #TeamY2Kev if this game is to ever come out, it's not going to be in the same vision as it was originally supposed to be. And if it is in the original development, it's a waste of resources for a PS3 game past 2015.

Y2Kev
The Beast's Souls of Moderators
(Today, 11:12 PM)

Time for an update?

Arklite

He said he was right about saying it was on hiatus, Geoff said Sony disagree, and Tretton mocked that they'd be seeing reveal then, with absolute confidence it wouldn't be shown.

As if he told the truth, and was irritated Shu ever contradicted him.

At least that was my impression.

Damn. The thing is probably a giant pile of assets with no solid direction.

JJD

So mods get a free pass to troll people now while we can't even create some threads because GAF could be down during E3.

If any user did the exact same thread joking about FF XV, or even TLG before Kev it would be locked in 30 seconds.

Meh, whatever I don't even care about TLG, but this is in bad taste.

There's always TGS, which would make more sense. Please unders... I mean please relax and just wait. They still have Gamescon and TGS, so why would Sony show it's entire hand now?

GAF Kid: 2YKev!? 2YKev! Why is he trolling dad?

GAF Dad: Because we have to despise him.

GAF Kid: He's just saying the truth.

GAF Dad: Because he's the mod GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a friendly mod. He's the bringer of truth. A watchful protector. A Dark Mod.

A-V-B

Lol last guardian looked like one of them sappy non-games anyway. Who cares about that kinda trash? Definetly not me. Its not like I cried my eyes out playing SotC or was captivated by the beauty of Ico or anything. That stuffs for losers.

Incredibly specific denial, brother.

Guevara

...and when the little boy listened to his heart, he realized the truth: He was the last guardian, in fact he had been the last guardian the whole time. And when each of you look to your heart, gather all your courage, and face the truth you can be the last guardian, the very last guardian, too.

- The End

Ventara

If they had ANYTHING they would have shown it to us. We got shown concept art and CG cut scenes ffs. They could have easily taken 10 seconds to show us a title screen, they didn't. It's dead, it's dead and buried. They just don't want to admit it during E3.

We all owe IGN an apology for not believing them at this point. They told us the hard truth, they knew it would hurt us but they said it anyway. Just admit it's dead and gone.

If they just showed us a title screen without anything new or amazing, it would have been even more disappointing. Sony is just waiting for the right time for development to progress far enough to show us something really amazing that would show us it was worth the wait. Sony knows this. They know that a lot of people want this game badly, so they only want to show us the goods when they have a clear sight of the finish line so as not to disappoint us with delays again.

I really think everyone is jumping to conclusions about this game being dead. Stuff happens and things get delayed.

If it had been cancelled, the IGN article was the perfect opportunity to confirm it.
Especially since it was like a day before e3, when they had lots of new games to show to make up for such an announcement.

The fact they said it is still actively in development is all I needed for now. I've already got my ticket for the TGS hypetrain paid for.

Kalm

After the IGN-vs-Sony stuff on the weekend, it seems kind of idiotic that they didn't at least throw a split-second shot of TLG's reverse-gryphon (?) thing into that closing montage.

Ridiculous.

Dead.

:(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think I'm trolling but I feel bad that people think I'm trolling them so I will turn off the stove and my tea will cool. Sorry to all those who couldn't enjoy tea while laughing about this over dinner.

If they just showed us a title screen without anything new or amazing, it would have been even more disappointing. Sony is just waiting for the right time for development to progress far enough to show us something really amazing that would show us it was worth the wait. Sony knows this. They know that a lot of people want this game badly, so they only want to show us the goods when they have a clear sight of the finish line so as not to disappoint us with delays again.

I really think everyone is jumping to conclusions about this game being dead. Stuff happens and things get delayed.

Word, Preacher. Calm the masses! Get ahold of yourselves heathens!

Those who would leave the church must leave FOREVER!

Thank you for this thread.

I don't understand why people are so hyped about a game that had a non-game play trailer five years ago.

Sure, you may be a fan of the studio. However, they have failed to deliver any interesting news about the project since the initial trailer.

Let it be forgotten until they are able to make us remember.

The trailer still looks far more promising and compelling than the majority of games that've come and gone or were shown at the conference today. By the looks of it, we're still in the dead center of an influx of safe and boring AAA games. TLG seemed like a much needed breath of fresh air that apparently we're just never gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom