• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

Skifi28

I like a free platinum, but I would have preferred to earn it as I slowly go through the game again. Oh well.

This will look better than the PS4 game, easily. Y'all need to get wit it

Will probably have better LOD and that's a big plus for me. Part 1 at 30fps looks great
Going by Uncharted, I expect very minor improvements in the visuals. It's the haptics and audio that I'm most excited about in terms of upgrades.

Last edited:
I like a free platinum, but I would have preferred to earn it as I slowly go through the game again. Oh well.

Going by Uncharted, I expect very minor improvements in the visuals. It's the haptics and audio that I'm most excited about in terms of upgrades.

Remember when Naughty Dog actually used to make huge improvement to the visuals of their "remasters"? WTH happened this gen? UC4 was disappointing and this looks just disappointing from a graphical "upgrade" standpoint.

JaksGhost

Remember when Naughty Dog actually used to make huge improvement to the visuals of their "remasters"? WTH happened this gen? UC4 was disappointing and this looks just disappointing from a graphical "upgrade" standpoint.
You must mean the Uncharted Collection done by Bluepoint, because this is on par with the first Last of Us remaster that came to PS4. Other than that what other remasters have they done prior to the Legacy of Thieves Collection and Last of Us Remastered?

Last edited:
The game is already 1440p on PS4 pro so we got 1440p60, not 1080p with the update. Judging by Uncharted 4, I would imagine it's still going to be 1440p60 even on PS5 with a few small visual upgrades here and there unless they figured out dynamic resolution on their engine. Nowhere near enough horsepower for 4k60 by the looks of things.

So disappointing! Just like UC4 remaster, they should've been able to get it running at at least 1620p in order for it to bring out the fine detail of the textures. Wasn't UC4 1620p on ps4 pro?

I'll be bummed if it's only 1440p/60 even though I know that's what it'll be. What happened to Naughty Dogs ambition this gen so far? You telling me the PS5 doesn't have enough horsepower to run LoU2 remaster at 1620/60 fps or dynamic 4k/60? Even LoU1 remaster on PS4 pro could run at 1800p/60!

You must mean the Uncharted Collection done by Bluepoint, because this is on par with the first Last of Us remaster that came to PS4. Other than that what other remasters have they done prior to the Legacy of Thieves Collection and Last of Us Remastered?

I didn't realize ND didn't do UC 1-3 remasters but even so ...LoU1 remaster was a pretty big upgrade and ran at 1800p/60.

If LoU2 ran at 1440p/30 on ps4 pro, I would think a native PS5 version should be able to run a good amount higher at 60 fps. Same with UC4 with enough care and optimization. Sony's been lame all gen long though with their remasters on PS5.

JaksGhost

So disappointing! Just like UC4 remaster, they should've been able to get it running at at least 1620p in order for it to bring out the fine detail of the textures. Wasn't UC4 1620p on ps4 pro?

I'll be bummed if it's only 1440p/60 even though I know that's what it'll be. What happened to Naughty Dogs ambition this gen so far? You telling me the PS5 doesn't have enough horsepower to run LoU2 remaster at 1620/60 fps or dynamic 4k/60? Even LoU1 remaster on PS4 pro could run at 1800p/60!

I didn't realize ND didn't do UC 1-3 remasters but even so ...LoU1 remaster was a pretty big upgrade and ran at 1800p/60.

If LoU2 ran at 1440p/30 on ps4 pro, I would think a native PS5 version should be able to run a good amount higher at 60 fps. Same with UC4 with enough care and optimization. Sony's been lame all gen long though with their remasters on PS5.
giphy.gif

Hugare

TLOU Remastered only improved shadows, models, resolution (1080p, 1800p came years later when PS4 Pro launched) and framerate. It was even more basic than Part II. At $60 and no upgrade path, no less.

I also wanted a higher resolution for Part II, but their engine is supposedly really heavy on the CPU. That's why Uncharted 4, Part I and now Part II cant do 1800/4k at 60 fps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom