• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers |OT| Left Behind With Damon Lindelof - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneils

Every time I watch this show I think there is something wrong with my tv. Everyone looks orange. Especially Theroux and brenneman

royalan

...wait.

Is the big reveal with Wayne that he's gotten multiple Asian girls pregnant?

Why are characters treating this like a revelation? I thought that much was obvious?

EDT: Ugh, not this "You're the Chosen One" bullshit.

Macattk15

I don't think Wayne has any powers. I think he's just super charismatic. My prediction (haven't read the book or anything) is that he is either going to be the anti-Christ or is going to be one of the anti-Christ's minions in the end of days.

You might think I'm crazy. If you catch up on your biblical lore however, it talks about the anti-christ being a guy that comes to the world pretending to save it. Everyone usually loves him initially at least before people begin to slowly realize he's preaching the complete opposite of Christ's message.

The real Christ wouldn't want you to 'forget' the departed. 2% of the planet is now in the afterlife on the show, I think everyone else will be 'tested' eventually about what will happen to their souls.

Fascinating show. The most depressing part of it however, is that it hasn't been renewed yet for a second season. Dohhh!

You're thinking above Damon Lindelof's creative abilities.

royalan

Wait.

Please tell me that the baby was covered in some weird afterbirth, and that WASN'T the show's fucked attempt at showing a mixed newborn baby.

Sepinwall's reviews of this show are so weird.

I don't know how you can praise the "hypnotic mood" of this show when half of this episode was Kevin and his dad screaming and breaking things.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I dont know man, im still liking this in a love-hate sort of way. This show is gonna get even more batshit.

Anyone do the research on that National Geographic? Seems like a Bear acting strange on the cover. Animals are humans?

xbhaskarx

Anyone do the research on that National Geographic? Seems like a Bear acting strange on the cover. Animals are humans?

national_geographic_141_lg.jpg

Am I the only one (along with the critics) still liking this show?

Nope. I'm loving it. I will never understand the people who spend so much time watching and commenting on a show they dont even like. When The Killing and American Horror Story, for instance, turned to shit, I just stopped watching. More time for stuff I actually enjoy!

Paganmoon

Seriously expecting a character to blurt out "Why can't I get a straight answer for once, it feels like I'm on an episode of Lost!", it should come within the next couple of episodes.

Also, could somone enlighten me about the guilty remnant, I must've missed it, do they want people to forget the ones that "left"? isn't the act of showing up everywhere and acting all spooky just remind them? Also, isn't it the same thing Wayne is doing with his "Magic hugs", letting people move on?

Edit2: Also, actress playing Jill could be Kristen Stewarts younger sister.

Edit3: Anyone else get the impression Kevin was remembering something at the start of the sex scene that made him stop for a moment? Something connected to Aimee? The tension in the scenes between them is creepy as hell.

Nope. I'm loving it. I will never understand the people who spend so much time watching and commenting on a show they dont even like. When The Killing and American Horror Story, for instance, turned to shit, I just stopped watching. More time for stuff I actually enjoy!

Can we not go down this route, please? There are many legitimate reasons for watching a show you're not crazy about.

The Leftovers has churned out two episodes I've really liked, so I haven't completely given up hope on it yet. Barring a complete meltdown in the final two eps, I'm probably back for Season 2.

Erigu

Seriously expecting a character to blurt out "Why can't I get a straight answer for once, it feels like I'm on an episode of Lost!", it should come within the next couple of episodes.
Well, it's not just that they don't get straight answers: they also tend not to ask the obvious questions. "Must... delay...!" So, yes: very much like Lost.

And the main character is Jack, basically. Acts like an asshole most of the time (and you better not suggest that something supernatural is going on or that destiny has some grand purpose for him!) but you're still supposed to like him, has daddy issues (he's in the same line of work as his father, but said father fucked up and he's now worried he's going to follow suit), has to deal with an annoying cult (whose members are humongous assholes themselves for mysterious reasons)... Add Sawyer's many gratuitous shirtless scenes, et voilà! "New" main character for a "new" series.
Way to demonstrate your new show is "an entirely different animal", Lindelof.

actress playing Jill could be Kristen Stewarts younger sister.
(but also)
The endurance record is the longest an actress has gone without conveying an emotion, unluckily for her, Kristen Stewart is just in a whole other league.
Even the mysterious voices think "she looks like Snow White".

I always feel a faint sliver of hope that the ending, when it comes, is going to be amazing, and everything that came before it is going to fall into place.
Poor soul...

Vert boil

Blader

It's amazing how effective this show is at making me hate the GR and everyone and everything associated with them.

Like in "Gladys," when we see the two of them at the beginning of the episode, I thought to myself that I wished they'd just kill these people off. And then she was stoned to death in such a horrible way that I almost felt bad for thinking that. By the end of the episode, I was back to wishing they were all dead again. :lol

StuBurns

Banned
It's amazing how effective this show is at making me hate the GR and everyone and everything associated with them.

Like in "Gladys," when we see the two of them at the beginning of the episode, I thought to myself that I wished they'd just kill these people off. And then she was stoned to death in such a horrible way that I almost felt bad for thinking that. By the end of the episode, I was back to wishing they were all dead again. :lol
I seriously wanted Garvey to blow Patti's head off in the middle of the protest and just walk away.

You jinxed it!

Nah, not even Lindelof's heart is that black.

Plus, it'd undermine her whole character, would it not? She's more interesting as the woman who lost everything but never joins them, rather than finally giving up and going GR.

Plus it'd negate whatever effects of Wayne's hug the show is trying to sell us on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom