• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) announced [JRPG, SaGa & ex-S-E staff, MASASHI HAMAUZU]

casiopao

I also have MM4. I haven't finished it yet (actually, reading this thread is making me want to go back to it), but it's certainly a good JRPG from what I have played.

The only word i can said is. Go Play the game lol. It is a great game and deserve all the love from Jrpg lover.^_^

FuRyu just confirmed you can take screenshots of the game anytime you want, through a Tweet of the official profile.

They cited this as an example:

BzUxCBOIYAA3Qrp.jpg

Golnei

Sweet! Not a terrible huge deal since Miiverse does that anyway, hell wouldn't that give you shots minus the watermark anyway? :p

Unless it's not compatible with Miiverse like SSB3DS. Though I can't imagine it'd need anywhere as much of the system resources...

I do hope FuRyu will find some success for this game, because production values seem high and I like the attempt to provide some traditional jRPG on handheld.

Phil S.

Banned
I love the art style. That immediately spoke out to me. The staff behind the game gives me high hopes and equal hopes of a localization. :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Unless it's not compatible with Miiverse like SSB3DS. Though I can't imagine it'd need anywhere as much of the system resources...

Publishers can disable Miiverse screenshots if they so desire, although I don't know why anyone does it. Square-Enix disabled it for a lot of their VC releases, Ancient disabled it for Minna de Mamotte Knight, etc.

It'd be terrible if FuRyu does it for this game, as it's the sort of game that Miiverse seems made for, really.

New information from the official website through Siliconera?

The Legend of Legacy Is About Exploring A Legendary Island Left Behind By The Gods

According to the site, after a number of people went in search of a legend, the continent known as Avalon, which had once disappeared, has reawakened. The site says that it still remains unknown whether there will be stairs that lead to paradise or a door that leads to the abyss. The story is about the truth about what was left behind by the old gods.

Ten years prior, a mysterious island suddenly surfaced in the distant northern sea. According to legends, this place was once called Avalon, a giant island big enough to be classified as a continent, a place that had a country where the gods once lived and prospered.

Since then, many adventurers and researchers have gone to explore the island, but due to Avalon’s peculiar landform and monsters, research and exploration hasn’t made much progress.

According to early explorers, they saw “spirits” in Avalon. While these spirits can’t normally be seen by humans, they are plainly visible on this island for some unknown reason. While there are many opinions as to just why this is, a common theory says that it could be due to the “inherited” power left behind by the gods.

Each part of Avalon has a numerous amount of tools and buildings left behind, which one wouldn’t expect to see in a regular civilization. Perhaps they hold the key to why these spirits are visible to those who visit the island.

One of the legends about Avalon revolves around the “Star Graal” (grail). The Star Graal is one of the properties left behind by the gods, that is said to grant “eternity” to its owner, which is speculated to be the secret to immortality.

Due to the rumors about the Star Graal and its ability to grant immortal life, it’s one of the factors that many adventurers have traveled to Avalon in hopes of amassing riches from the grail. However, one has yet to see the Star Graal, and thus, it still remains a legend.

The town of Initium is located on the south end of Avalon, and is currently its only town. It’s the home base for adventurers that seek various legends, and many adventurers travel here day and night.

The lord who lives in a building on top of the hill actually was the first person to discover Avalon island, and is a self-proclaimed “Adventure King”. It took him ten years to build the town of Initium.

FuRyu seems quite active on the Twitter account of the game!

The company just tweeted that the reason why charactes are going to Avalon differs for each one of them. Since you can play as any of the 7 characters, does this mean that you have to choose one of them at the beginning and keep with him or her, or eventually are you going to play all of them?

BzrHQ6VCYAASyQY.jpg

SenkiDala

The hero's name is weird "Meurs" in French means "die" or "dies", I know that Japanese people like to put French words everywhere, it's funny, but pretty weird here. :p

The hero's name is weird "Meurs" in French means "die" or "dies", I know that Japanese people like to put French words everywhere, it's funny, but pretty weird here. :p

Sands of Destruction had a character called "Morte". I wonder if Masato Kato is naming them.

Top Bottom