• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Marvels Trailer - The sequel to Captain Marvel

MilkLizard

It's the other way around!

I don't understand how anyone can be excited about this considering the recent track record of what they have produced. On top of that, these actors are the least liked and have been in some of the worst movies they ever made.

Disney isn't making movies based on a director's vision or a story that needs to be told, they do it because they planned for a phase of movies. This is just another soulless cog in the machine.

Disney has found a way to bypass quality through overwhelming hype on social media. They sell movies based on trailers, Twitter, and Youtube.

We gotta oppose this, we have to right the ship and have movies live and die by their stories, acting, and production, not by social media metrics. This is why it's important to stand against this fake form of filmmaking and let Disney know it has to stop.

You're taking this way to serious my guy. Just chill and watch the movies you like and ignore the rest. It's not hard ffs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't say I'm too excited about this movie. Ms. Marvel I bailed on after 10 minutes of the first episode. The Captain Marvel movie was okay but my enjoyment of it was heavily influenced by my nostalgia for the 90s (which this movie obviously doesn't have). Rambo seemed pretty shoehorned into Wandavision. This whole thing just looks so "meh" to me.

badblue

Gold Member

iu

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, that looks about as "not for me" as it is possible to get. NOTHING in there appeals to me, even the cat joke, probably the best thing in the film, got spoiled.

I can only hope Sam gets to say "Get these motherfucking Marvels off my motherfucking space station!", might see it on D+ for that :p

Marvel14

Banned

I don't understand how anyone can be excited about this considering the recent track record of what they have produced. On top of that, these actors are the least liked and have been in some of the worst movies they ever made.

Disney isn't making movies based on a director's vision or a story that needs to be told, they do it because they planned for a phase of movies. This is just another soulless cog in the machine.

Disney has found a way to bypass quality through overwhelming hype on social media. They sell movies based on trailers, Twitter, and Youtube.

We gotta oppose this, we have to right the ship and have movies live and die by their stories, acting, and production, not by social media metrics. This is why it's important to stand against this fake form of filmmaking and let Disney know it has to stop.
mel gibson braveheart GIF

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

These actors? You don't even KNOW the other 2. The young one is hella charming and cute... Even those who hated her show acknowledge that. And the one who plays Monica aka Spectrum is just the grown version of the kid from the first Captain Marvel and hardly anyone had a problem with her in WandaVision.

And I get excited because I'm a big kid... Even at almost 50! I give every movie a chance. I don't go in hating something because I'm a culture warrior. Fuck that! That's lame!

Doom85

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

As in “I’ll be seeing the film because Kamala is great, Monica is decent, and Carol……well, Brie Larson has done good, likable roles elsewhere so maybe she’ll be better in this one?”

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think that looks pretty great actually! Admittedly, Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel are a couple of my least favorite MCU entries, but that trailer sold me. Looking forward to it.
If we all liked it would you hate it? You beautiful contrarian you.

Bragr

Banned
These actors? You don't even KNOW the other 2. The young one is hella charming and cute... Even those who hated her show acknowledge that. And the one who plays Monica aka Spectrum is just the grown version of the kid from the first Captain Marvel and hardly anyone had a problem with her in WandaVision.

And I get excited because I'm a big kid... Even at almost 50! I give every movie a chance. I don't go in hating something because I'm a culture warrior. Fuck that! That's lame!
Dude, the only people who watched and enjoy WandaVision are already way past repair. If you like Disney's recent output, you are frankly the biggest culture warrior of them all. You are fighting for the bad side. It's like cheering on microtransactions in EA sports games. It's no good.

RAÏSanÏa

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

As in “I’ll be seeing the film because Kamala is great, Monica is decent, and Carol……well, Brie Larson has done good, likable roles elsewhere so maybe she’ll be better in this one?”
The lore surrounding Kamala's character has me the most intrigued. Monica's connection with Wanda has me wondering if that gets expanded on and if there's a supernatural connection with the plot. I've had no problems with Captain Marvel and look forward to more 90s tunes.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

If we all liked it would you hate it? You beautiful contrarian you.
I'm just giving my genuine thoughts and feelings. I like SW, I like Marvel, I like The Rings of Power and I'm sure I like a bunch of other things that some people don't like. I am absolutely not trying to be a disingenuous contrarian. I loathe these types of people and the internet has enough of them already.

I'm just easy to entertain and I don't care about getting dog piled on for expressing my satisfaction.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I'm just giving my genuine thoughts and feelings. I like SW, I like Marvel, I like The Rings of Power and I'm sure I like a bunch of other things that some people don't like. I am absolutely not trying to be a disingenuous contrarian. I loathe these types of people and the internet has enough of them already.

I'm just easy to entertain and I don't care about getting dog piled on for expressing my satisfaction.
I like you.

DKPOWPOW

Looks eh..might watch it on D+... But everything just seems like more of the same.

I really hope they do not fuck up Deadpool + Wolverine.

And they best not fuck with Moon Knight.

Cuz the way Mando and the rest of MCU is going makes me wonder..

It almost seems backwards now, that instead of other studios needing their help...

Marvel is clearly in need of guidance or ship course change direction.

RCU005

I don’t have the issues people have with Phase 4 mostly, but my major complain is that the comedy in Marvel movies have gone overboard.

I get that Marvel want to have lighthearted and funny movies and it’s great, but they abuse it. I hate that they put comedy where it doesn’t belong, and therefore don’t let any situation have any weight whatsoever.

For example, in this trailer: Kamala is transported to space. If this is the first time it happens (it’s shown it will happen several times), she should be scared and confused that she is in the middle of nowhere floating, but then reaches Fury and she is like “Hi”. That’s just cringe!

It’s so bad that I’m calling it a new genre: Marvel comedy (which is the worst kind of comedy).

What put Marvel in the top was that they distanced themselves from the superhero genre from the early 2000s and started making movies from several genres with superheroes in them.

Trunx81

Gold Member
What is that at 15 seconds in? Does she really look like that or is this unfinished CGI of her face?

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Fun trailer that at least have some stakes,even if we do not see the villain that much. Good way to move Captain Marvel forward (by making her incapable of using her powers without teleporting away, she is nerfed in a original way) I may go to see that one, if they tone down a little the comedy. But that seems to be impossible those days for a Marvel movie.

Trogdor1123

I didn’t like the first captain marvel but gave it a shot, it wasn’t good. So far, this looks worse. Kamala Khan seems to be the only interesting part.

First marvel movie I’ll be skipping. Honestly, they are going down hill. I thought the cosmic arc would be great… it’s not, other than Kang.

Smokken

Banned
Can't believe plank of wood...ehm, I mean Bree Larson is still around. This is so bad it's not even worth downloading for free on torrent sites. Disney is on a mission to ruin everything they can get their hands on.

Dude, the only people who watched and enjoy WandaVision are already way past repair. If you like Disney's recent output, you are frankly the biggest culture warrior of them all. You are fighting for the bad side. It's like cheering on microtransactions in EA sports games. It's no good.

Dont bother, a lot of gaffers are very corporate consumerists and they'd eat any trash, games, shows, movies or whatever else. This topic is missing a few of those hardcore blind marvel fans, guess they got banned. Obligatory "but but but dis was one of the oldest comics" and other bs. Wake me up when a proper Black Panther is back, Iron Man and Spider-man are back and they are fighting an actually good, smart, well acted and threatening villain that actually can kill superheroes and not just placed to take punches. Wake me up when Marvel has the balls to kill characters again.

Someone reported the other thread and it got shut down when I made a thread about Disney''s CEO Bob Iger getting blasted by shareholders at a shareholder meeting.

The gist of it was that Disney doesn't produce films without an agenda, politics, and very controversial issues stuffed in them. The shareholder talks about recent films being box office failures, stocks being down, and families being disgusted and not showing up, when you insert agendas, politics, and very controversial issues in them. You can search for the audio on youtube. That is all.

MilkLizard

Nah, we can't just ignore everything.

Look at my avatar, that's me when I watch movies.
Just watch better movies. Some newish movies I recently enjoyed were Corsage, Babylon, The Lighthouse (on UHD) , Project Wolf Hunting, Plane, Tetris and The Whale. I'm going for John Wick 4 tonight.

You might enjoy some of these too. There's a lot more out there than fucking Disney.

Top Bottom