• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

Xevren

Been playing with the Ruzad on my infiltrator and it feels pretty damn good to me. It really makes me miss ME 3 headshots, they just don't have the same satisfaction like that noise did. Still, just really happy overall about how things are post patch.

Jamaro85

I just started using the Salarian Architect for the first time because of this Remnant VI upgrade. This looks pretty ridiculous.

Increased the Rank 6 missile damage from 90 to 450

Decreased the Rank 6 missile cooldown from 10s to 5s

So it was doing 90 damage every 10 seconds before, and now it's doing 900 every 10 seconds? So it went from pretty useless to insanely good?

Bombless

I just started using the Salarian Architect for the first time because of this Remnant VI upgrade. This looks pretty ridiculous.

Increased the Rank 6 missile damage from 90 to 450

Decreased the Rank 6 missile cooldown from 10s to 5s

So it was doing 90 damage every 10 seconds before, and now it's doing 900 every 10 seconds? So it went from pretty useless to insanely good?

It's pretty hilarious. Just prime everything and move on while not looking at the explosions happening behind you.

Jamaro85

I didn't realize shielded kett enemies had shields SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. Between that and buffed overload (and buffed everything) the kett aren't as scary as they once were.

The Salarian Operator is even more ridiculous with overload being more effective. SO with N7 Valkyrie and Hornet = GG.

Are there any pistols that have gotten a more significant upgrade than then Hornet? That thing melts almost as well as the N7 Valkyrie at close-mid range. Even with an extended clip in the Ushior to give it 3 shots I have to say I'm still not feeling it with the damage buff. Please let me know if there are any other non-UR pistols that are as ridiculous as the Hornet is right now. I know the Scorpion and Equalizer have been favorites but those haven't clicked with me.

pmj

I was just in a game where the guy carrying the item was sync killed by an Ascendant and the objective marker was stuck on his corpse. There was no way to progress the game so I let myself be killed and then I had to sit and wait for the other two players to go down. It took a while.

Fuck Kett.

Really wish I would get the Salarian Operator. My last two UR unlocks were the PAW and another level of Krogan Gladiator. Ugh.

Jamaro85

Damn, I thought this thread would get more love with the patch. I really am in awe of how much more fun the game is without forcing myself to play human infiltrator/Vanquisher or a melee class. Using a human vanguard or asari adept with meleeing being more of a last resort is awesome. Admittedly I feel like I'm being spoiled by three guns - the N7 Valkyrie, N7 Crusader and Hornet, but I love that GUNS of all things no longer feel like an afterthought. Then biotic combo damage is amazing, tech powers buffed, and enemy shields were decreased. The game really has brought me back in, and hopefully others who may have given up on it can find it fun again.

PrankT

Damn, I thought this thread would get more love with the patch. I really am in awe of how much more fun the game is without forcing myself to play human infiltrator/Vanquisher or a melee class. Using a human vanguard or asari adept with meleeing being more of a last resort is awesome. Admittedly I feel like I'm being spoiled by three guns - the N7 Valkyrie, N7 Crusader and Hornet, but I love that GUNS of all things no longer feel like an afterthought. Then biotic combo damage is amazing, tech powers buffed, and enemy shields were decreased. The game really has brought me back in, and hopefully others who may have given up on it can find it fun again.
I've been playing too much to post. My favorites since the update have been the Scattershot and N7 Valkyrie. However, a lot more are awesome as well, such as the Hornet, Shadow, Ruzad, and Disciple. Even the Carnifex has a role. There are more I haven't had time to explore with yet. Kett are probably the most fun to play against now, which is great.

The changes have been great for weapon variety in Gold. I've conditioned myself to only use bio/tech explosions as a utility to disable and distract enemies. I'll look into making a character that focuses those explosions as a primary offensive means in the future. Maybe this is possible with a human Engineer? I thought they sucked up until now.
Even with the nerf, the Kett are still the toughest faction for me. Those mini gun guys always seem to be standing right behind me :mad:

Bombless

The changes have been great for weapon variety in Gold. I've conditioned myself to only use bio/tech explosions as a utility to disable and distract enemies. I'll look into making a character that focuses those explosions as a primary offensive means in the future. Maybe this is possible with a human Engineer? I thought they sucked up until now.
Even with the nerf, the Kett are still the toughest faction for me. Those mini gun guys always seem to be standing right behind me :mad:

Human engineer specced for cryo explosions can be nasty (but you will need to get rid of your turret).

EekTheKat

couple things I noticed.

On PS4 the melee bug still seems to be there - unable to melee when a downed teammate is in the direction you're facing anywhere in the map. Hopefully will be addressed next patch.

Friend had the Stealth Grid bug last night, where Stealth Grid would instantly disable as soon as you enable it. Possibly due to a poor connection last night as he was seeing lots of standing up dead bodies as well.

On the bright side, he didn't crash once, nor did I on PS4 despite the poor connection games.

pmj

The buffed weapons made me go back and give my human sentinel another chance and I love her. Barricade turned out to be a very versatile skill, good for buffing you when you want to hunker down and defend an area, but also offensively thanks to the priming stun attack it has. Plus it can create temporary cover for when you need to disable a device or revive someone, or you can drop it by a doorway when you don't want want to be flanked.

Add to that bonuses to weapon damage, damage resistance to make you tankier, energy drain to heal you and throw to combo with both energy drain and barricade and she's pretty great.

Multiplayer is still crashing on the PS4?
I've played a bunch of games after the patch dropped and I've had zero crashes or instances of audio cutting out. Maybe that stuff can still happen, but it seems a lot better at least.

oneils

I'm tempted to play, but I've since moved on to other games. Will probably check it out when I'm done with my current games.

pmj

They finally buffed the weapons?

Sooo, are all the MP issues fixed now after the last patch ?

Mostly, but not entirely. It's more stable, weapons are much more effective (some do double the damage they used to), and many skills as well as combos do significantly more damage. These changes have completely transformed many classes as well as how you play the game. I almost never melee anymore, and that was my go-to strategy before the latest patch.

It still has some issues with netcode, Fiends can still silently sneak up on you or grab you through walls, and the card pack system is as grindy as ever.

Kneecap

I've played a bunch of games after the patch dropped and I've had zero crashes or instances of audio cutting out. Maybe that stuff can still happen, but it seems a lot better at least.
I've played about 100 hours since the patch and audio still regularly cuts out for me and the people I play with. Game still regularly crashes to origin and desktop too. Although powers, combos and some guns are better now, there were offsetting nerfs to all the mediocre buffs. And honestly, a 150% buff when the base damage was pathetic does not put the game where it needs to be.

pmj

I've played about 100 hours since the patch and audio still regularly cuts out for me and the people I play with. Game still regularly crashes to origin and desktop too. Although powers, combos and some guns are better now, there were offsetting nerfs to all the mediocre buffs. And honestly, a 150% buff when the base damage was pathetic does not put the game where it needs to be.

He was asking about the PS4 version, and that's the version I was commenting on. Hopefully they can get the PC version under control too.

I'm surprised you'd still complain about the guns when playing on PC though since you have a massive aiming advantage and can actually land most shots, and do it quickly. I can't aim for shit on console and I still feel pretty powerful now, even on Gold. My Dhan destroys people. Berserkers are annoyingly tanky of course, but that's by design.

Kneecap

He was asking about the PS4 version, and that's the version I was commenting on. Hopefully they can get the PC version under control too.

I'm surprised you'd still complain about the guns when playing on PC though since you have a massive aiming advantage and can actually land most shots, and do it quickly. I can't aim for shit on console and I still feel pretty powerful now, even on Gold. My Dhan destroys people. Berserkers are annoyingly tanky of course, but that's by design.
Whoops, missed that he was talking about the PS4 version. I'm mainly complaining about powers and combos. The main design flaw in my view was the weakness of those. Of course the patch helped, but not nearly enough. The developers released a gun (specifically a sniper rifle) game and I wanted a mass effect multiplayer game.

PrankT

You've played 100 hours since last Wednesday? Also, the buffs weren't mediocre at all, they were great. You sure you're talking about patch 1.06?

Kneecap

You've played 100 hours since last Wednesday? Also, the buffs weren't mediocre at all, they were great. You sure you're talking about patch 1.06?
I have an apex of 18,000. I play alot heh. I have over 2400 hours in ME3. Please don't tell my wife. :>)

PrankT

I have an apex of 18,000. I play alot heh. I have over 2400 hours in ME3. Please don't tell my wife. :>)
Ok, but your comment about the powers threw me off. I think they are pretty good now. Also, shotguns are a lot of fun to use as well. Maybe it's just the characters I'm using.

Kneecap

Ok, but your comment about the powers threw me off. I think they are pretty good now. Asari, shotguns are a lot of fun to use as well.
Guns need fine tuning, particularly assault rifles which dont seem to have a raison d'etre now. But guns weren't the big problem. I'm glad you like where powers and combos are now. We'll have to agree to disagree, etc etc.

PrankT

Guns need fine tuning, particularly assault rifles which dont seem to have a raison d'etre now. But guns weren't the big problem. I'm glad you like where powers and combos are now. We'll have to agree to disagree, etc etc.
Who/what do you enjoy using?

Snagret

I feel pretty good about where the balance is at now, I don't see them really needing to make any sweeping changes on that front after 1.06. A few tweaks here and there of course, but they managed to land in a nice spot wuth this last pasd and I'd rather they focus on ironing out the technical issues with the next patch.

I mean, laggy games are a reality that I've just accepted as part of the experience, but crashes and audio/visual glitches are still fairly regular occurances and it's always a bummer. I think I'm still giving it a break till they get it just a little more stable (while I finish up other stuff I've been playing).

Kneecap

Who/what do you enjoy using?
Hurricane, rozerad, vanqisher after nerf is still good. Piranha and scattershot, equalizer, and revenant. Soldier, sentinels, asari adept (with the over nerf, they're now better than ok, but not very good anymore), vanguards, angaras, kineticist and duelists. Oh, and salarian operators. As i said, i play alot.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got the Halberd AR yesterday without having a chance of testing it. It looks like a slightly stronger Mattock, but with worse stats in everything but power? Is that correct?

deafmedal

asari adept (with the over nerf, they're now better than ok, but not very good anymore)

Wat...? AA is ridiculous, more powerful than before but a bit squishier to balance her a tad. Shield Powered Lance with Draining Field evo in Annihilation obliterates mooks. Sure, you go down easier but it's totally worth it for how much damage she dishes out now.

Renekton

I got the Halberd AR yesterday without having a chance of testing it. It looks like a slightly stronger Mattock, but with worse stats in everything but power? Is that correct?
The analogue goes like this:

Predator - Mattock
Phalanx - Halberd
Carnifex - Darude Sandstorm

CLBridges

So glad I got lucky and unlocked Turian Agent already. It's been really refreshing my MP experience. Just wish I didn't have to grind out ten player cards to max him out.

pmj

I've also played with the turian agent today and yesterday. I like him. It seems like the visor is his main thing, but I think I'm going to make that my dump stat and focus on the flamethrower instead.

Apparently ME3 let you level up a character card by promoting the character, resetting them to level one? We need that back. Every day I save up credits for a couple of packs, buy and open them, and get nothing I want and end up feeling so deflated.

Bombless

So glad I got lucky and unlocked Turian Agent already. It's been really refreshing my MP experience. Just wish I didn't have to grind out ten player cards to max him out.

I got two cards of him in the first two packs I opened, lol. I really like him, brings back good memories of geth pyros and infiltrators.

Jamaro85

I don't know if all biotic combos are equal, but the Asari adept feels ridiculously overpowered with combos as they are. Maybe she in particular is fine but combos on other classes still suck? Genuinely wondering as in the little I've played I've only really been using her and the Salarian Operator.

Been playing with the Ruzad on my infiltrator and it feels pretty damn good to me. It really makes me miss ME 3 headshots, they just don't have the same satisfaction like that noise did. Still, just really happy overall about how things are post patch.
I've tried Ruzad VIII yesterday for the first time playing Silver and it's just beautiful how powerful it is.

I don't know if all biotic combos are equal, but the Asari adept feels ridiculously overpowered with combos as they are. Maybe she in particular is fine but combos on other classes still suck? Genuinely wondering as in the little I've played I've only really been using her and the Salarian Operator.
All combos' damage are now more powerfull. The Asari happens to have 1 permanent primer and 2 detonators. They try to compensate that by reduding her shileds. Still, played carefully it's pretty good.

Question: is the Stealth Grid of the Angara Avenger bugged? After dozens and dozens of boxes I got it on sunday. I was excitend as the Avenger is the closest we have at the moment to the N7 Shadow. Well, I've been playing a lot with her to reach level 13 as soon as possible. Finally, I got Stealth Grid and Avenger Strike at 6. The problem I'm facing is that I'm dealing the same damage whenever I use Avenger Strike while cloaked than w/o it. At the begging I thought it was just 'a gut feeling' than a real thing, but I really paid attention and yes: I was not getting any of the Stealth Grid bonuses. As exited as I was, I ended up frustrated.

Edit: I've done some research and apparently Stealth Grid wears off while Avenger Strike is traversing. So you don't actually get the melee damage bonus. Such a wasted opportunity :'(

Jamaro85

I've tried Ruzad VIII yesterday for the first time playing Silver and it's just beautiful how powerful it is.

All combos' damage are now more powerfull. The Asari happens to have 1 permanent primer and 2 detonators. They try to compensate that by reduding her shileds. Still, played carefully it's pretty good.

Question: is the Stealth Grid of the Angara Avenger bugged? After dozens and dozens of boxes I got it on sunday. I was excitend as the Avenger is the closest we have at the moment to the N7 Shadow. Well, I've been playing a lot with her to reach level 13 as soon as possible. Finally, I got Stealth Grid and Avenger Strike at 6. The problem I'm facing is that I'm dealing the same damage whenever I use Avenger Strike while cloaked than w/o it. At the begging I thought it was just 'a gut feeling' than a real thing, but I really paid attention and yes: I was not getting any of the Stealth Grid bonuses. As exited as I was, I ended up frustrated.

Edit: I've done some research and apparently Stealth Grid wears off while Avenger Strike is traversing. So you don't actually get the melee damage bonus. Such a wasted opportunity :'(

Yeah I just saw that kneecap thinks the AAdept isn't that great now, unless I'm misunderstanding his post, but I think she's even more OP. She just walks around blowing the whole map up, especially if you throw a good shotgun on her like the N7 Crusader. Like you said, perma primer and two detonators, even on big boys she can do some damage if you back up and re-prime after the first detonation. I feel like the barrier nerf is whatever since she still gets it all back after losing it once every ten seconds.

I've gone from putting a Vanquisher on every class, to putting a Shadow on every class. I think the weapons still need work, but powers feel much better.

This game needs more maps. Another ten would be nice. I wont hold my breath.
The Firebase Sandstorm at dusk variant, is beautiful though. The devs did a great job on that. For some reason, that map gives me a strange sense of peace.

Honestly, the multiplayer grind has burned me out quicker than I expected. I haven't played much lately.

What grind? You can buy XP boosters on the shop for 10 or 15 credits (the ones you get w/ the strike missions). A good silver game (+ xp bost) can give you +100k exp points

RSP

Are most of you on Silver or Gold challenges? I'm focusing on one character at the time, but it seems to take a lot longer to get my characters up to lvl 20 compared to ME3.

Silver seems to result in getting a full extraction pretty much every time now. I'm thinking about switching to Gold once I get a couple of more mods for my weapons.

Hojaho

Yeah I just saw that kneecap thinks the AAdept isn't that great now, unless I'm misunderstanding his post, but I think she's even more OP. She just walks around blowing the whole map up, especially if you throw a good shotgun on her like the N7 Crusader. Like you said, perma primer and two detonators, even on big boys she can do some damage if you back up and re-prime after the first detonation. I feel like the barrier nerf is whatever since she still gets it all back after losing it once every ten seconds.

It's once every 15 seconds. now. ;)
I play her with a Dhan + full biotic detonation spec. You one shot every basic mobs with lance + Biotic explosion. (She's still awesome, but the playstyle is completely changed from the old melee spec).

Wow, the latest patch seemed to have actually made my human adept viable. It actually feels not only good but viable to detonate biotic combos now. The kett are also far more manageable since it seems that Bioware reduced the shields by a hell of a lot. Fiend grabs are still terribly broken though and some weapons need a bit of a buff but aside from that this latest patch is fantastic.

On a side note, they should really buff the armor damage that biotic combos do since at the moment they're the worst type of combo in the game when compared to cryo, tech, and especially fire. They're far better than they were at launch, but they still need to be a bit more effective against armor since almost all other combos are either more powerful or simply more useful.

Kneecap

Just a heads up for those of you who purchased Expert Packs in order to complete the Ultra Rares in your manifest. Previously, extensive testing by reddit and bsn (the unofficial bioware forums) documented a 10% "pity timer" for Expert Pack purchases: if you bought 9 expert packs and the RNG did not bless you with a UR, your 10th expert pack purchase would contain a UR. I have personal and extensive experience that supports this 10% streakbreaker. Today's 1.07 hotfix from bioware has either reduced or eliminated this streakbreaker.

EA cash grab for the win.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just a heads up for those of you who purchased Expert Packs in order to complete the Ultra Rares in your manifest. Previously, extensive testing by reddit and bsn (the unofficial bioware forums) documented a 10% "pity timer" for Expert Pack purchases: if you bought 9 expert packs and the RNG did not bless you with a UR, your 10th expert pack purchase would contain a UR. I have personal and extensive experience that supports this 10% streakbreaker. Today's 1.07 hotfix from bioware has either reduced or eliminated this streakbreaker.

EA cash grab for the win.

Are you sure it's not just because the patch actually reset your "pity timer", or did you have enough money to buy over 10 expert packs since the patch launched a few hours ago?

Top Bottom