• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Thread

oneils

I finally installed the patch and decided to give this another try. Five minutes in the game crashes while I was in the multiplayer menu. It didn't freeze or give me an error message, just completely shut down. WTF.

I've been out of MP for like 2 weeks, but today, every Strike Team match I had was pure garbage. Laggy as fuck, rubberbanding me back to where I started jumps, dead enemies staying alive and sometimes still attacking... total shit show.

Also, is the Zalkin a decent rifle now or is it still trash tier? (Any links to up to date weapon tier lists would be great.)

That said, there are less Ascendant in Kett matches, which is fucking fantastic.

Mindlog

The new map is really cool and a more experimental take on what the rest of MEAMP could have been.
The game is so friggin easy now.
The game is played by so few now :[

The Apex challenges in particular are so crazy over the top easy with the appropriate modifiers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah its cool how that new map opens up more and more as the waves move on. Kinda make you wonder why they made that other Remnant map that's basically just one room.

I wonder if they're going to bother making DLC for multplayer with how the game was received... or keep on continuing releasing new characters/maps like this once in a while.

Mindlog

The new map plays so well on Gold. This is much more scoot and shoot than most Mass Effect MP experiences, but still fun as hell.

*Could be more scoot and shoot because I started off with just a level 4 new player teammate. Happy they stuck it out to the end and others eventually joined.

Yeah the event map is really cool, makes me wonder why they didn't shift the multiplayer focus to a more progression based level design as opposed to making it exactly like me3 (to a fault imo).

Really? Every time I queue up I hit Ready and if they don't start within a minute I leave and queue again. That rarely happens though.

PC if it matters.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Really? Every time I queue up I hit Ready and if they don't start within a minute I leave and queue again. That rarely happens though.

PC if it matters.

Yeah, same. People tend to hit Ready rather quickly on PC, so not much an issue. Also seems like 25-30% of the time, the game is already in progress(1st wave or 2) when i hit Ready anyway.

pmj

Idle lobby. Leave. Search. Get the same idle lobby. Leave. Search. Get the same idle lobby. Leave. Start my own lobby. Nobody joins.

Playing this game on anything but the best hours of the day on PS4 in my region is getting difficult.

And how about extending the grind for rares by 2.5 million credits with reskinned commons? This is mildly upsetting.

Holy crap, so they dropped like 50 junk rare cards into the rare card pool? Am I reading this right? Yikes, the level of contempt that shows.

Does anyone else get an audio bug on PC? I would just randomly lose sound entirely.

I also sometimes lose commands and character voices, but I think this only happens if I join a game in progress.

Akronis

Does anyone else get an audio bug on PC? I would just randomly lose sound entirely.

I also sometimes lose commands and character voices, but I think this only happens if I join a game in progress.

It's been an issue since day 1. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been fixed yet.

What do you mean by "junk" rare cards?

I'm having trouble reading up on the latest Livestream on my phone, but I think they're adding tweaked versions of the bronze weapons to the rare weapon pool. So like 'Katana S - 1->10'

I'm on my phone though, so it's a little slow trying to actually confirm this.

pmj

What do you mean by "junk" rare cards?

They're junk in the sense that you most likely already have the basic version of these guns, and the reskins aren't updraded enough to be worth using. The effect of adding these five guns is that the game now has 50 new rare cards to unlock, increasing the amount of credits it'll take to unlock all rares, and lowering the chance that a pack will contain one of the guns or characters that you are working towards.

They increased the amount of work necessary to put into the game if you want to max out the good stuff, all for some shitty reskins. Not by a massive amount, to be fair, but it just feels so unnecessary.

Mindlog

There aren't nearly enough items for those chasing URs. If you are chasing URs adding these new weapons changed absolutely nothing.

If you hadn't maxxed rares already it does suck. These weapons should be added to the table after you have maxxed rare mods which were already last in the line.

These weapons also make the challenges slightly easier.

There aren't nearly enough items for those chasing URs. If you are chasing URs adding these new weapons changed absolutely nothing.

If you hadn't maxxed rares already it does suck. These weapons should be added to the table after you have maxxed rare mods which were already last in the line.

These weapons also make the challenges slightly easier.

Have they fixed the progression bug for bronze weapon challenges?

Mindlog

Have they fixed the progression bug for bronze weapon challenges?
Not familiar with that one. What was it?
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.08 Notes
by Author - Conal PiersePosted on - June 6, 2017

Along with continued improvements to Mass Effect: Andromeda, the upcoming patch 1.08 also addresses feedback we received from the community.
Improved Character Creator

We’ve expanded the options available in the character creator, giving you greater control over your Ryder’s appearance. Two new heads were added, one male and one female, as well as a new complexion option and a greater range of available skin tones. We also unlocked all hairstyles for both sexes, and added a new bald option.

For players wanting to adjust their look mid-game, we added the ability to change your character’s appearance onboard the Tempest.

And for fans of Alec Ryder’s iconic appearance, you can now choose to keep the default Alec, rather than having his appearance be based on your custom Ryder.
Expanded Male Romance Options for Scott Ryder

Scott Ryder can now pursue Jaal as a romance option. There are several important reasons for this change:

Scott Ryder did not have a same-sex squadmate available as a romance option, nor could the achievement for completing three romances be achieved with only male same-sex partners. And as the angara have expressed their fluidity in how they perceive gender, it seemed only natural that Scott could have a relationship with Jaal.

However, we understand that a character’s orientation is an important part of what makes them feel real. The relationships with your crew are some of the most loved and cherished parts of our games, so we wanted to make sure we got it right. We consulted with members of the LGBTQ community, both externally and within our own studios. After carefully considering all feedback, we decided this was an important change to make, and one that made sense for Jaal, Scott, and the angara.

Our writing, editing, and animation teams worked together to ensure this change made sense for Jaal’s character, and the result is a relationship we hope feels as fulfilling and memorable for Scott as it does for Sara.

You can find a full list of changes and improvements in the patch notes below. For notes in other languages, click here.
Single player

Ryder’s appearance can now be changed onboard the Tempest
Expanded the range of options available in the character creator
Jaal can now be romanced by Scott Ryder
Dialogue for Hainly Abrams was adjusted to change the flow of personal information she discusses with Ryder.
Fixed issue with Nomad upgrades Shield Crafting quest
Nexus level and cryo pod points are retroactively granted
Vendors now carry weapon mods for Level 60-71 players
Vendors now sell weapon augmentations for automatic fire, burst fire, and single-shot fire
Improved clarity of descriptions for augmentations
Plasma Charge system now works properly for shotguns
Beam Emitter augmentation now causes guns to fire a constant beam with scaling damage based on the weapon’s damage per second
[PC] Added experimental support for Dolby Vision™ technology

Multiplayer

Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
Added “Lights” option to customization options
Not mentioned are some big changes to assault rifles. They're finally getting the buff they needed instead of just, 'moar damage.'

Is there any way to remove all skill points? I used a respec but it still put 1 point in my 3 main skills.

(Just need 1 more point to unlock Offensive 6.)

Mindlog

Undocumented? and some important previously documented changes. That's proper.
Being able to pull out a rocket mid-reload.
Something about reloading in general feels FAR better. Almost perfect. Only tested with Sandstorm/Charger S, but my ammo never disappeared and I could start firing just before the animation ended.
Bronze Apex challenge gives you and Apex pack this weekend with a guaranteed UR.
Throw's cooldown without the 4B offensive biotic buff on my Asari Sentinel is crazy fast. Almost always ready for use after applying a primer with ED or a weapon.

If you are still mildly interested in the mode it's worth dabbling in the bronze mission.
Sandstorm felt like a faster firing Sabre.

pmj

Daily challenges, new packs, and weapon mods in the store. The game is starting to feel like it's ready for launch. Never gonna give up my beta test badge though.

Fired it up in a month or so. Got two UR... pistols. lol

How's the meta now? Can I still play Vanguard?

Vanguard has seen some pretty serious nerfs over time. Juggernaut shield melee bonus was reduced from 75% to 15%, enemies can now stagger you, enemies are more aggressive and do more damage, and saving barrier has a much longer cooldown. Maybe more.

You have to be more mindful of where you charge since a single mook can take you down in 0.5 seconds if they feel like it, but on the plus side, guns and shockwave do more damage so it's not like you have to charge everything all the time and punch punch punch in order to get things done.

I deleted this yesterday, and decided to move on.
Even after the patches, a lot of annoyances or changes I dont really like to the base game.

I'll be back in a few months to see what's changed, but this was a massive disappointment for me.

They're releasing new characters/maps/guns without DLC so far, so i'd say it's not like they've abandoned multiplayer. Just not in big packages this time.

I suppose, but I really hate that method of adding weapons, maps, and characters. The best part of ME3 for me was when they dropped 5 new characters in, and my friends and I all unlocked different ones. Now it's like, best case scenario we all unlock the same one new character but only one of us uses it at a time.

pmj

Sometimes when it looks like you get no credits from a game, the credits have been added server side and will appear to you later. This is something that could be caused by network issues that the game doesn't know how to handle. And sometimes it really does rob you of your credits.

The reduced credits for joining late is such a bad idea, because while it might make some sense in rewarding based on participation, you no longer have any incentive to join an in-progress game and that's something nobody benefits from.

Just finished a Silver game (it said I died during extraction, but I was still standing in the circle when the game finished) and didnt get paid. Frustrating. This game probably owes me millions, when I take into account all the non-payments I've been issued with due to disconnects, freezes and bugs.
Also, another reason that losing money for joining late is dumb, is because its impossible to tell if its worth investing in consumables going into the game, when you could be joining on the final round.
And they havent fixed the perma-invisibility glitch that Stealth Grid causes yet either.
Im in a shit mood now :/

Mindlog

Not to beleaguer the point, but within their auspices I have a tremendous amount of respect for the MEA MP team. SirTrion noted it well when he pointed out how long MW3 players have complained about certain systems to no avail vs how quickly the MEA team has worked towards alleviating all of the most pressing concerns that they could.

Being able to buy mods with Apex Mission points will save you a lot of time when jumping up in packs.

New 11 round Gold difficulty Apex mission this weekend.
The MP team is once again putting in work.

I got all the basic mods so I'm buying the next pack up. Maybe I'll use my Apex points to buy some uncommon mods.

(Please bring back Biotic Power Amp.)

pmj

They've done a good job, considering the circumstances. I think the game would really benefit from a big content refresh, but that would take money that I don't think EA is going to give them.

The mission was a nice one. I had no idea about it being 11 waves and had played recklessly and wasted all but one of my revives by wave 7, so the game continuing was a nasty surprise. Fortunately, everyone on my team did a good job, and I didn't embarrass myself any further either, and we got it done with surprising ease. We ended up mostly camping out on the far end of the map and held everything off. A few revives were necessary, but we were never really in trouble. Going by other impressions, and today's disastrous (in terms of results) Bioware dev stream, I got off lightly. Thanks team!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
They've seemingly removed the penalties for joining games late, which is good. It would still be nice to know how far an in-progress game is so you really know whether to commit to using consumables.

I got all the basic mods so I'm buying the next pack up. Maybe I'll use my Apex points to buy some uncommon mods.

(Please bring back Biotic Power Amp.)
Honestly, you might want to save your points and buy the rare mods, because those are the barrel mods that add damage. They're pretty damn useful. IIRC, the first ranks of those all give +9%.

The new gold APEX 11 waves mission and the new map is great. It really gives me the ME3 multiplayer vibe when Gold was difficult, you had to play smart and you had to equip with mods and boosters to deliver.

Yesterday I tried it 4 times and the further I got was to complete the wave 10's objective but not the wave itself. I'll try today with my friends rather than randoms whom normally reaaaaally don't like using Medkits or Cobras at all. It's frustrating.
Really, I now realize how much I miss the 11 waves runs rather than 7.

That new mission seems tough. Ive had two shots at it so far and have failed both times. Wave 8 or 9 is as far as Ive gotten. It just gets too overwhelming. Those damn space-dogs are always nipping at my heels, when Im concentrating on an important target.
The map itself is very nice too. I think it'll look even better during the day time.

Top Bottom