• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE MUSIC DRAFT - DRAFTING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
n0b said:
#7:
John Fahey - Fare Forward Voyagers (Soldier's Choice)

I love some Fahey. Requia & Other Compositions is #10 of my all time favorite records and I am getting an America tattoo done sometime this year.

Squirrel Killer said:
Ceremony - Also, WTF!? Wikipedia says this is on the CD release, but I can guaran-goddamned-tee that it's not on my copy.
Lately it seems whenever I think of Ceremony, I inevitably end up on this YouTube clip of New Order's live version, and I can't help but think Stephen Morris looks incredibly annoyed at having to play it again.

Meliorism

AlternativeUlster said:
Sorry dude. Haha. What is wrong with Goat?

I'll take it as my next pick if he doesn't want it. I don't mind. It's a great album, and if he really didn't wanna pick it, he can rechoose.

teepo

it's one of my favorite albums ever but i think i needed a little more variety. i had one album in mind that is pretty damn big that has gone unmentioned so far.

oh well, i'm sticking with it!

This time I'll go with a classic progrock album:
#7 Genesis - Foxtrot.
genesis-foxtrot.jpg

I alwas thought this one was underrated. People tend to talk about TLLDoB but I prefered Foxtrot. Songs like "Time Table" and "Can-Utility and the Coastliners" are classics for me.

I couldn't find anything else on youtube but at least there are some live versions of "Watcher of the Skies"

AlternativeUlster

Mudhoney - Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge
c50884x7knd.jpg

Ned Raggett said:
Whether it was Conrad Uno's production, the addition of more instruments to the Mudhoney arsenal (notably, Mark Arm adds organ, as can be enjoyably heard on "Who You Drivin' Now," among other numbers), a slew of brilliant songs, or a combination of the above, Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge found Mudhoney coming into their own album-wise. "Let It Slide," the album's lead single, fuses everything from surf rock drumming from Dan Peters to a delicious vocal whine on the verses from Arm into a hotwired classic. It's not so much grunge as speed-freak energy, and all the better for it given the caricatures of Sub Pop's sound that would soon take over the airwaves. "Into the Drink" is another fun single, using acoustic and electric guitar to carry a nicely snotty garage stomp along, the full band adding one of their better chorus-gang shouts. More acoustic twang surfaces here and there (check out "Move Out"), helping to show that the variety of songs and styles is much more apparent and welcome here than on the self-titled album. The almost-pretty rushed guitar chime on "Good Enough" could be mid-'80s New Order or the Wedding Present, while Steve Turner's harmonica playing often suggests even deeper roots (and on "Pokin' Around" is both quick on the pace and sweetly mournful). Uno's eight-track production makes more of less plenty of times — "Something So Clear" may not sound as full to some ears as their other records, but the basic guitar overdubs add just enough force, an effective simplicity (and Turner's soloing is pretty great to boot). The six-minute "Broken Hands" is the one point on the album where the band completely freaks out, but unlike the takes-too-long moments of Mudhoney, it's all worth it here, down to the final chaotic amplifier abuse.
Song Sample: Good Enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnB7zNrnRqk
*Also one of the first 10 albums I owned

Mellow Candle - Swaddling Songs
k95794hxdrb.jpg

Jon Pruett of AllMusic said:
Filled with multi-layered harmonies and complex arrangements, this unfortunately underlooked album of beautiful, flowing, and wonderfully recorded British folk-rock (originally released in 1972) has been a favorite of record collectors for years. Luckily, the strength of the music holds up beyond its scarcity. Not merely electric updates of lost traditional numbers, the album works because it establishes a voice and a sound that is truly compelling. The arrangements range from the zigzagging light progressive bent of the opener, "Heaven Heath," to the more storming tempo changes of "Dan the Wing." Strewn across the record is some truly remarkable guitar work, with the blanks filled in with lush violin and piano fills. The high-toned, occasionally strained interplay of Alison Williams and Clodagh Simonds may not always reach the notes as they ought to be reached (this rings especially true on the bombastic "The Poet and the Witch," an otherwise fine song), but their voices have their own peaceful rewards. The vocals see most of their limitations during the more up-tempo numbers — which is fine, seeing that this record is able to soar on the quieter moments. On "Silver Song" (the one track that was actually released as a single with "Dan the Wing" during Mellow Candle's short tenure at Decca's Deram Records offshoot), the band falls into a mid-paced ethereal haze, within which it finds its strongest points. Gliding guitars and equally haunted vocals wrap around each other in a fog of vaguely mystical lyrics. The crystal clear recording and the lack of reliance on overly fantastical lyrics make Swaddling Songs sound remarkably current.
Song Sample: Heaven Heath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA8RV96bpJo

Alice Donut - Bucketfulls of Sickness and Horror in an Otherwise Meaningless Life
d56319pml47.jpg

Stewart Mason of AllMusic said:
The album title sounds more than a little like a Butthole Surfers homage, and little on this 1989 album would disabuse one of the suspicion that this New York combo wants nothing more than to be the East Coast version of those fried Texas weirdos. An interesting mixture of straightforward hardcore punk, Zappa-style left turns into orchestrated noise, and a thoroughly snotty sense of humor, Alice Donut throw in some unexpectedly catchy elements as well: "Testosterone Gone Wild" is a full-on pop song, complete with guitar hooks and backing vocals on the chorus, and "Sky of Bones" has an unexpected resemblance to Redd Kross' psych-punk era. Tomas Antona's extremely high, occasionally piercing voice (think of the Three O'Clock's Michael Quercio mixed with Game Theory's Scott Miller at his whiniest) will be the dealbreaker for most, and the production is a good deal more trebly and thin than it needs to be, but for anyone with an interest in the noisy-artsy end of '80s indie rock, Bucketfulls of Sickness and Horror in an Otherwise Meaningless Life is worth a listen.
Song Sample: Lydia's Black Lung
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKXq_XsxV4M

The Feelies - Only Life
k89143xcch3.jpg

Ned Ragget of AllMusic said:
With an unchanged lineup but more attention due to their A&M deal, the Feelies hit the jackpot with their third album, a warm, inviting collection that finally addresses the endless Lou Reed comparisons with a cover of his "What Goes On." With its clearer feeling and peppier overall delivery, it avoids simply cloning the original arrangement and performance. The rest of the album shows off the band's distinctive yet flexible sound, as much jangle as it is quietly moody. Mercer and Million's previously tense guitar power becomes attractive shadings, implying a louder approach without always delivering it, while the Demeski/Sauter rhythm team takes the lead throughout; his steady drums and her low, rolling performances giving the guitarists something to play around instead of dominate. The Feelies always make this tranced-out rock their own, but this time around it's as quietly thrilling, if not more so, than ever. "Higher Ground" is a great example, with Mercer and Million trading off not merely notes and passages but differing approaches, whether laden with distortion or chiming clearly. Though Weckerman's work, as earlier, isn't easily distinguished from Demeski's, from the sound of it everything fit in right when recording. Where appears more audibly, as on the start of "The Undertow," his percussion adds an intriguing wild card to the proceedings, aiming at the same goal with slightly different sonics. Mercer's ghost-of-you-know-who vocals still pop up at times, but here his own ability to actually sing and hold notes comes forward, giving him a technical edge that he uses to great effect on the brisk "Away."
Song Sample: Too Far Gone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXT1441pgU

The Swirlies - Blonder Tongue Audio Baton
c5030813840.jpg

Heather Phares of AllMusic said:
The Swirlies' first full-length album melds noisy guitars, samples, and sweet girl-boy vocals into a disheveled take on dream pop. Where so many dreamy bands polish their sound into pristine oblivion, the Swirlies create a hazy atmosphere that is evocative and unpretentious. Blonder Tongue Audio Baton — named after a vintage tube equalizer — combines the elements of the band's early work with more complexity. Songs like "Bell" and "Vigilant Always" juxtapose gentle and brash moments for a spontaneous feel, while "His Life of Artistic Freedom" expands on the Swirlies' noisy, experimental side. The group also shows off their accessible fuzz-pop on the album's centerpiece, "Pancake." The combination of Seana Carmody's demure vocals, big guitars, and burbling Mellotrons makes for one of Boston's most memorable pop moments since the Pixies' "Gigantic." The crunchy rhythms of "Tree Chopped Down" and "Wrong Tube" complement Damon Tuntunjian and Carmody's limpid vocals beautifully, and the sweetly noisy "Wait Forever" sums up the Swirlies' homemade noise pop aesthetic. A mainstay of early-'90s indie music, Blonder Tongue Audio Baton still sounds fresh today.
Song Sample: Bell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvIJtzLNCMQ

AlternativeUlster

Eric WK said:
Picking the greatest rap album of all time tonight.

I was thinking about it but then I completely forgot about a favorite of mine that is another staple of the genre so I am going to go with that tonight.

teepo

i have a gut feeling as to which album eric will be drafting and i'd love to take that album away from him... but i intended to get funky tonight. what to do...

Eric WK

I don't know. It might not be universally regarded as the greatest outside of the rap community, but it's absolutely seminal within it.

AlternativeUlster

Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
d94333sf47m.jpg

picked by hXc_thugg in Round Four
Jason Ankeny of AllMusic said:
As the sprawling magnitude of its cheeky title suggests, 69 Love Songs is Stephin Merritt's most ambitious as well as most fully realized work to date, a three-disc epic of classically chiseled pop songs that explore both the promise and pitfalls of modern romance through the jaundiced eye of an irredeemable misanthrope. A true A-to-Z catalog of touchingly bittersweet love songs that runs the gamut from tender ballads to pithy folk tunes to bluesy vamps, the sheer scope of the record allows all of Merritt's musical personas to converge — the regular use of guest vocalists recalls his work as the 6ths, the romantic fatalism suggests the Gothic Archies project, and the stately melodies evoke the Future Bible Heroes. The whole is much greater than the sum of its parts, however — for all of Merritt's scathing wit and icy detachment, there's a depth and sensitivity to these songs largely absent from his past work, and each one of these 69 tracks approaches l'amour from refreshing angles, galvanizing the love song form with rare sophistication and elegance. Naturally, given a project of this size there's the occasional bit of filler, but all in all, 69 Love Songs maintains a remarkable consistency throughout, and the highlights ("I Don't Believe in the Sun," "All My Little Words," "Asleep and Dreaming," "Busby Berkeley Dreams," and "Acoustic Guitar," to name just a few) are jaw-droppingly superb. Also available as three individual releases, 69 Love Songs was nevertheless conceived as a whole and is best absorbed as such, with all of its twists and turns taken in stride; despite its three-hour length, the music boasts the craftsmanship and economy that remain the hallmarks of classic American pop songwriting, a tradition Merritt upholds even as he subverts the formula in new and brilliant ways.
Song Sample: I'm Sorry I Love You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W00eTCOgUNs

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
picked by Karakand in Round 7
c847687ammk.jpg

Bruce Eder of AllMusic said:
Kate Bush's strongest album to date also marked her breakthrough into the American charts, and yielded a set of dazzling videos as well as an enviable body of hits, spearheaded by "Running Up That Hill," her biggest single since "Wuthering Heights." Strangely enough, Hounds of Love was no less complicated in its structure, imagery, and extra-musical references (even lifting a line of dialogue from Jacques Tourneur's Curse of the Demon for the intro of the title song) than The Dreaming, which had been roundly criticized for being too ambitious and complex. But Hounds of Love was more carefully crafted as a pop record, and it abounded in memorable melodies and arrangements, the latter reflecting idioms ranging from orchestrated progressive pop to high-wattage traditional folk; and at the center of it all was Bush in the best album-length vocal performance of her career, extending her range and also drawing expressiveness from deep inside of herself, so much so that one almost feels as though he's eavesdropping at moments during "Running Up That Hill." Hounds of Love is actually a two-part album (the two sides of the original LP release being the now-lost natural dividing line), consisting of the suites "Hounds of Love" and "The Ninth Wave." The former is steeped in lyrical and sonic sensuality that tends to wash over the listener, while the latter is about the experiences of birth and rebirth. If this sounds like heady stuff, it could be, but Bush never lets the material get too far from its pop trappings and purpose. In some respects, this was also Bush's first fully realized album, done completely on her own terms, made entirely at her own 48-track home studio, to her schedule and preferences, and delivered whole to EMI as a finished work; that history is important, helping to explain the sheer presence of the album's most striking element — the spirit of experimentation at every turn, in the little details of the sound. That vastly divergent grasp, from the minutiae of each song to the broad sweeping arc of the two suites, all heavily ornamented with layered instrumentation, makes this record wonderfully overpowering as a piece of pop music. Indeed, this reviewer hadn't had so much fun and such a challenge listening to a new album from the U.K. since Abbey Road, and it's pretty plain that Bush listened to (and learned from) a lot of the Beatles' output in her youth.
Song Sample: Hounds of Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmTvbw4kLw

Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me[/QUOTE]
picked by Teepo for his Round One
d6034989532.jpg

Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic said:
A blitzkrieg fusion of hardcore punk, Sonic Youth-style noise freak-outs, heavy metal, and melodic hard rock in the vein of Neil Young, You're Living All Over Me was a turning point in American underground rock & roll. With its thin, unbalanced mix, the album sounds positively menacing and edgy — Lou Barlow's bass barrels forward over Murph's clanking drums, with J Mascis' guitar twisting pummeling riffs and careening, occasionally atonal solos. It established guitar heroics as a part of indie rock, bringing the noise of Sonic Youth into more conventional song structures. Also, Mascis' laconic, self-absorbed whine was a distinct departure from the furious post-hardcore rants, or the mumbling Michael Stipe imitations, that dominated indie rock. While the songwriting is occasionally uneven, the best moments of You're Living All Over Me — "Little Fury Things," "Raisans," "In a Jar," and Barlow's proto-Sebadoh "Poledo" — retain their power, and it's possible to hear the record's influence throughout alternative rock.
Song Sample: Little Furry Things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8sK7Uww38

Dismemberment Plan - Emergency and I
picked by swoon in Round Five
e07201gdwyk.jpg

Ned Raggett of AllMusic said:
The band's third full album is a firecracker, showing their at once passionate and sly approach to music — take in everything, put it back out, and give it its own particular sheen and spin — is in no danger of letting up. Knowing fans of the quartet have spoken on how it's clear that the bandmembers listen to everything from old soul to hip-hop and techno and back again, and there's no argument here based on the evidence of this disc. Travis Morrison's unusual vocals make a brilliant calling card for the band, high, a touch quavery, but never out of control, slipping into the mix like another instrument. Though the comparisons to fellow D.C. musical figure Craig Wedren are understandable, Morrison's voice isn't as piercing, with a warm, light undertow that's quite affecting. When he hits his best moments, like the downright anthemic but never breast-beating "What Do You Want Me to Say?," it's a wonder more people aren't talking about the guy. The rest of the band turn the indie rock stereotype on its head, avoiding aimless shambling jangle or emo's straightjacketing stereotype in favor of an unsettled mix that embraces sampling's jump-cut techniques and shifting rhythms where prominence is equally given to guitar, keyboards, and beat. It can be late-night jazzy mood-out or sudden thrash, but the quartet handles all approaches with aplomb and creative arrangements to boot. Drummer Joe Easley may be the band's secret weapon, able to keep the pace and swing just enough, though bassist Eric Axelson is by no means a slouch himself — the dub-touched "Spider in the Snow" is a great showcase for both. The fact that "You Are Invited" is conceivably the world's greatest synth-pop/electro/guitar chime/post-punk song about trying to get to the right party — and is emotional without being overwrought — gives a sense as to this album's considerable strengths.
Song Sample: What do you want me to say?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJmIkLhJpmo

Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand
picked by I Push Fat Kids in Round Four
d5165982c51.jpg

Mark Deming of AllMusic said:
The cult of indie rock thrives on the unexpected discovery, and in 1994 Guided by Voices was just the sort of musical phenomenon no one figured was still out there — 30-something rock obsessives cranking out fractured guitar-driven pop tunes in a laundry room. Robert Pollard and his stable of beer buddies/backing musicians had been churning out stuff like Bee Thousand for years, but the album's surprise critical success marked the first time the group found a significant audience outside their hometown, and it made a clear case for Guided by Voices' virtues — as well as their flaws. From the moment "Hardcore UFOs" kicks in, it's obvious that Pollard has an uncanny gift for a hook and a melody, and Bee Thousand's 20 cuts are dotted with miniature masterpieces like "Echos Myron," "Smothered in Hugs," and "Queen of Cans and Jars." However, there are also more than a few duds that threaten to cancel out the goodwill the great songs generate, and Pollard is an acquired taste as a lyricist — his freakishly poetic verse has a real charm, but it's hard to figure out what he's on about. (GBV's other principal songwriter, Tobin Sprout, contributes less often, but manages a higher batting average.) The lo-tech rumble of the album's D.I.Y. production also wavers between being a help and a hindrance, depending on the songs, and as musicians Guided by Voices veer between sounding like inspired amateurs and, well, just amateurs. On Bee Thousand, Guided by Voices sounds like a passionate and gloriously quirky garage band fronted by a thrillingly and maddeningly idiosyncratic songwriter; its many pearly moments make it a fascinating discovery for rock enthusiasts, but a few years would pass before this band was fully earning the new accolades showered upon it.
Song Sample: Echos Myron (this was one of my favorites when I was a kiddo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QetZC5TIISI
Bonus song sample: I am a Scientist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9x6zckn18

AlternativeUlster

Eric WK said:
I don't know. It might not be universally regarded as the greatest outside of the rap community, but it's absolutely seminal within it.

You are making me paranoid. I might pick my rap pick tonight.

Mason

Eric WK said:

I have a feeling I know what it is...

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Screw picking a punk record, a 60's record is next, followed by my hip hop record, then my favorite Lou Reed album.

swoon

AU has now picked 2 albums and one band (though the wrong album) on my top 10 list for his no one is going to pick lists i was going to use.

duder...

AlternativeUlster

swoon said:
AU has now picked 2 albums and one band (though the wrong album) on my top 10 list for his no one is going to pick lists i was going to use.

duder...

Sorry man. I just wanted to highlight some albums that may get overlooked. That is why I put it there in the title. You are going for the first Feelies record aren't you?

swoon

AlternativeUlster said:
Sorry man. I just wanted to highlight some albums that may get overlooked. That is why I put it there in the title. You are going for the first Feelies record aren't you?

scott 4, fear and whiskey and i was thinking about crazy rhythms

AlternativeUlster

swoon said:
scott 4, fear and whiskey and i was thinking about crazy rhythms

Dude go with those records! Just because I said they might be overlooked doesn't mean they have to. Like the Comus record got picked up by someone.

swoon

AlternativeUlster said:
Dude go with those records! Just because I said they might be overlooked doesn't mean they have to. Like the Comus record got picked up by someone.

honor! i have more picks up my sleeves.

Kevtones

Karakand said:
I mean it shared a space with it, not that it was my pick. I know it's not. :mad:

Funny that I made it on there with GBV - Bee Thousand, the record I selected instead of Emergency & I after asking AU if he could surrogate select it for me since I wouldn't be around at 9. He denied my request (as he should've) which then had me think it over and change my draft.

Karakand

I think I might grab a different Plan album with my #10 (if it's available). I should have one indulgence pick in here somewhere...

Kevtones

Karakand said:
I think I might grab a different Plan album with my #10 (if it's available). I should have one indulgence pick in here somewhere...

I'd go Is Terrified... over Change, personally.

swoon

i've been trying to fall in love with Change recently, but outside of Time Bomb and Face of the Earth, I can't find anything to love about. Super Powers is close but the lyrics are so lazy. Secret Curse i could love.

Meliorism

I think I like Change the best, actually. But I've only heard Emergency & I and Change. Sentimental Man has some of my favorite lyrics in any song. The whole album is pretty solid.

AlternativeUlster

AC/DC - Back in Black
Air - Moon Safari
Amon Düül II - Yeti
Aphex Twin - Drukqs
Aphex Twin - ...I care because you do
Aphex Twin - Richrd D. James Album
Arcade Fire - Funeral
The Avanlances - Since I Left You
At the Drive In - Relationship of Command
Bad Religion - No Control
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
The Beatles - Abbey Road
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper
The Beatles - White Album
Beck - Odelay
Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Billy Bragg - Talking with the Taxman About Poetry
The Birthday Party - Prayers on Fire
Bjork - Post
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Boards of Canada - Music has the Right to Children
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Boston - Boston
Brian Eno - Another Green World
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain
Brian Wilson - Smile
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
Can - Tago Mago
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Catherine Wheel - Adam & Eve
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and Sinner Lady
The Clash - London Calling
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young - Deju Vu
Daft Punk - Discovery
Daniel Johnston - Hi, How Are You?
David Bowie - Low
David Bowie - Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
David Bowie - Station to Station
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
Derek and the Dominos- Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
Dismemberment Plan - Emergency and I
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
Doors - The Doors
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Elliott Smith - XO
Elvis Costello - This Year's Model
Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place
Faces - A Nod is as Good as a Wink... to a Blind Horse
Feist - The Reminder
Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Flying Burrito Brothers - Bilded Palace of Sin
Galaxie 500 - On Fire
Gas - Pop
Genesis - Foxtrot
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Godspeed You Black Emperor - F♯A♯∞
Gorrilaz - Demon Days
Guided by Voices - Bee Thousand
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
GZA - Liquid Swords
Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters
Iggy Pop - The Idiot
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
Jayhwaks - Rainy Day Music
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Jim Carroll Band - Catholic Boy
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
John Fahey - Fare Forward Voyagers (Soldier's Choice)
John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band
Joy Division - Closer
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengence
Justice - Cross
Jesus Lizard - Goat
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King
Kraftwerk - Trans-Europe Express
Lee Dorsey - Yes We Can
Leonard Cohen - Death of a Ladie's Man
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen
Led Zepplin - Led Zepplin IV
Lift to Experience - The Texas Jerusalam Crossroads
Love - Forever Changes
Madvillian - Madvilliany
Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Massive Attack - Mezanine
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Metallica - The Black Album
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Miles Davis - A Kind of Blue
Minor Threat - Out of Step
Minutement - Double Nickels on the Dime
Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West
Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica
Muse - Black Holes and Reveations
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Nas - Illmatic
The National - Alligator
NEU! - NEU!
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
New Order - Low Life
Nina Simone - Pastel Blues
N.W.A - Straight out of Compton
Oasis - What's the Story (Morning Glory)?
Outkast - Aquemini
Palace Music - Lost Blue and Other Songs
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted
Paul Simon - Graceland
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pixies - Come On Pilgrim
Pixies - Doolittle
The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash
Portishead - Dummy
Postal Service - Give Up
Prodigy - Fat of the Land
Public Enemy - Nation of Millions
Pulp - Different Class
Queen - A Day at the Races
Queen - A Night at the Opera
Queen - Queen II
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Radiohead - The Bends
Radiohead - Kid A
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Rage Againts the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
R.e.m. - Reckoning
Replacements - Let It Be
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.
Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed
Röyksopp - The Understanding
Rush - Moving Pictures
Sagittarius - Present Tense
Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks...
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Slint - Spiderland
The Smiths - Queen is Dead
Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
Soundgarden - Superunknown
The Specials - The Specials
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentleman We Are Floating in Space
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Stooges - Raw Power
Strokes - Is This it?
Suicide - Suicide
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
Television - Marquee Moon
This Heat - Deceit
Tom Waits - Closing Time
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth
Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?
United States of America - The United States of America
Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You
U2 - War
Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground
Velvet Underground with Nico - Velvet Underground with Nico
Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
Weezer - Blue Album
Weezer - Pinkerton
The Who - Tommy
The Who - Who's Next
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Wu-Tang - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Zombies - Odessey and Oracle

AlternativeUlster

Damn, I should repost the list on the new page. On the topic of the Plan, I would rank them:
1. Emergency
2. Change
3. Terrified
4. !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom