• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Wow, this thread sure has been forgotten :lol

Started playing this game with my 3 housemates, and it has been a blast! Got the King DLC pack as well. It's rather disappointing, however. I mean, the King's heal sucks, the openfaced grey knight is a dumb addition, and the pet is useless. Only thing great about the pack are the weapons.

My king is now level 42 with maxed out magic, and with the highest magic bonus weapon in the game, the king heals for 16 HP. FFFfuuuuuu

Anyway, I fucking hate the Insane Mode Desert-level. The scarabs are such cockmonglers.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Necromantic Pack DLC

darkpackbanner2.png

Two new Characters!

The Necromancer (who’s magic is pure awesome) and The Cult Minion

A new Animal Orb

Dragonhead will bring the heat!

Two new Weapons!

The NG Skull Mace and yes, …the damn Chainsaw.

No word yet on the release date or price, and once again, this is completely up to Microsoft. But I can leave you with a tantalizing.. SOON.

jergrah

Behemoth is giving away 500 Free DLC codes of the Necromantic Pack today

I just snagged a code from the 1:30PM bundle - more to come every hour it looks like

Stay updated and find codes here

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Ive been trying this all day and yet to get one. For all the bullshit they had with the game you would think they would have a better method than this. Fuck them.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Got one thanks for the link!

It is really easy to do if you just wait for them to post it, then just write it down on a piece of paper and then switch over to Xbox.com already open on Redeem Code...walla!

Stitch said:
i tried a puzzle code, tried it with every letter and number but it never worked :|

That's why you try for the non-puzzle codes they list, I really hate puzzle ones, because the by the time you figure it out, someone has probably already redeemed it.

nli10

* Wise Fwom The Gwave!! *

Got it for 560 - darn good game.

Are the DLC packs worth it this early on really? I know they are very cheap, but is it just added variety for those that have played lots?

nli10

One last shot to see if anyone picked this up on the 53% sale.

Picked up the Necro pack as it was cheap, and it's pretty interesting. Need a higher level to give my Grey Knight the magic weapon, but my green is liking it so far.

Guess I'll have to persevere & go for completion, but I'm enjoying just trying out the characters, weapons & moves so far.

Sorry for the bump everyone but there is new info on the psn version of the game:

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/?p=2482

Dear Behemites,

We know you have been eagerly awaiting news on Castle Crashers for PS3, so here is an update for you!

Our indefatigable programmers have been working their little fingers to the bone to make this game perfect for you. We’ve completed our internal testing, courtesy of our new Testopia office, a wonderland of testing joy. We have now sent the title off to a 3rd party vendor for final testing before we begin the submission process with Sony.

“OK, great.. but when is it releasing? I must crash castles NAOW!!” you scream.

Hit the jump to find out and for screenshots /video featuring our own testers showing off some quick vball matches (Another new feature will be unveiled next week. Hint.. it involves Arena mode. what could it be???)

“We don’t know!” Says the mighty Chicken. “We hear you better when you don’t yell.” Much depends on how this final round of testing goes. But we are in the final stretch. And of course we will keep you posted when we know any firm, or even squishy dates.

In the meantime, more new info for you!

Trophies! Most of the trophies will be the same as the XBLA Achivements. To replace the “Glork” achievement from good ol’ All You Can Quaff, we have a new Volleyball trophy: “Social Networker.” Brush up on your social skills, as you will have to work with the other team to achieve an impressive number of volleys back and forth. Also, we’ve added a new Gold Trophy for those of you crazy enough to beat the game on Insane mode. This Trophy is called, appropriately, “You are Insane.”

<3

kelly

Resize-of-VBALL7-150x150.jpg

Resize-of-VBALL6-150x150.jpg

Resize-of-VBALL4.jpg

Resize-of-VBALL3-150x150.jpg

Resize-of-VBALL2.jpg

Resize-of-VBALL1.jpg

Resize-of-VBALL8.jpg

Resize-of-VBALL5-150x150.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UECRs_ZRl-4

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/?p=2680

Just a quick note to update you on Castle Crashers for PSN’s progress. After months and months of rigorous testing, we’re beginning the FINAL submission process! We still can’t estimate a release date, as this submission process is highly variable and involves yet more verification by Sony. We will, of course, let you know when we have an idea of the date so you can put it on your calendars.

Castle Crashers has been a sponsor on KEXP (Seattle listener-funded radio station) lately. In the little spots the DJs read, they mention how it's out now for both 360 and PS3. The PS3 release must be very soon.

PSN hitting soon now and will be $15

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/

So let’s talk Castle Crashers. For people on a continent whose last name is “America,” the price will be as close as we can get it to $15. Maybe $14.99. Maybe $15.01. Somewhere right around there. The long and the short of it- Castle Crashers is coming to planet earth like a speeding train ready to fly off the tracks and crash into a village. That village is your PS3.

That is great news for people that want to get the game and do not have a 360!

Cruceh

Banned
I bought this because I had a surplus of points and man, the multiplayer on xbox is like dead :lol Kinda boring on my own and no one I know has this really. Maybe I'm 2 years too late :lol

Ledsen

So my brother is trying to play online with his friend, but they get kicked out and it says "game no longer available" before they can get into the game. When I try to play with him (we each have an Xbox, in the same house) it works fine. So nothing seems to be wrong with our connection. Solutions?

We tested both his and our internet connection from the dashboard and we both have open nat, no problems there...

edit: wow it works if we play all three at the same time... apparently a known bug. oh the behemoth.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Holy crap they just released a new update

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2011/08/26/castle-crashers-title-update-2/

Just in time for PAX Prime, and among the many surprises that we’ve brought with us… Title Update 2 is now live for Castle Crashers XBLA. New characters, changes, additions, and everything else title update related is described below.

Castle Crashers XBLA Title Update 2 Changes

Download the Pink Knight (complete with new weapons!) in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, FOR FREE!!!!!!! ($1.00 donated to Keep A Breast Foundation with each of the first 50,000 downloads)
Download the Blacksmith Pack for 160 Microsoft Points. Once shrouded in mystery, the legend of the Blacksmith becomes a reality. Wielding miniature antlered frogs, burning hammers of justice and springboard contraptions, this warrior is much like William Wallace (ala Braveheart), but purple and definitely not Mel Gibson.
Added a Team vs Team feature to Player Match Arena (as opposed to the current free-for-all).
Earn two new Avatar Awards—Cardinal Animal Orb and Knight Helmet!
Ability to check Player’s Gamer Cards in Xbox LIVE matches.
Main menu News Ticker for all of your latest Castle Crashers and Behemoth Updates!

Notable Bug Fixes:

Level 256 cheat resolved (more info available on request).
Data copy glitch (more info available on request).
Sandworm experience glitch (more info available on request).
Wedding Crashers progression save now fixed when user leaves game play in flowery fields.
Smoothed Alien Hominid’s Splash Magic when traveling over water.
Slowed down Iceskimo’s power drainage from magic.
More effects added to elemental attacks for Alien Hominid, Demon and Iceskimo!
If your character dies, your Animal Orbs can no longer fight without you.
Fixed floating characters in Beefy Arena when grabbed.
Sandwiches can now be picked up after Volcano Boss fight.

The Pink Knight was born out of the Xbox LIVE Arcade community. The Pink Knight was a myth when Castle Crashers released and the fans believed in it so much that myth became reality – a completely FREE reality available now for your own personal realities.

With each of the first 50,000 downloads of the Pink Knight we are donating $1.00 to the Keep A Breast Foundation to raise breast cancer detection and prevention awareness.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
A title update for a three year old game? Well that doesn't happen often. I still have the game installed, so I guess I'll try some of this stuff out.

Top Bottom