• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

poweld said:
Well, it's definitely too late. As far as too little... it wouldn't be if it weren't for the fact that I still couldn't get a match to play out.

It's pretty embarrassing, really...

Sulk if you want, I'm gonna go play me some Castle Crashers this Christmas.

Mromson

Hellz yes! Now to actually buy the game. Damn RRoD... :(

Loads of my friends recently purchased Castle Crashers, so I won't be alone trying to play it. :D

Wizpig

poweld said:
Me either. I was dropped about 15 seconds after entering a level. Back to the drawing board, boys! Few more months should do it. :lol
:lol No fucking way, i thought i was the only one, AT LEAST after the patch.
What a joke.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Stitch said:
noooo they fixed the boomerang EXP grinding bug ;_;
Do you have to d/l the patch to play the game at all offline? Because if you don't I'm going to supergrind a few characters real quick. :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Unfortunately I've moved on and will not pick it right up again. Crash Commando and other games are taking up my time right now.

I finally played some Arena matches and they're pretty fucking fun! There's one where the one with the most treasure wins, so you each try and dig to find some and then race to get the spoils.

So, yeah, online is working.

I've never been able to play online successfully, but I downloaded the patch today, tried it, and can you believe it, it worked - with a 4 player game at that! Anyone wanna play now? My tag is ThaKidJD

jibblypop

Banned
This is fantastic news for those of us that still love to play this game!

If anyone wants to build up a friends list of GAF members still playing this lets all start posting our names here..

my tag is: torontoDowntown

jibblypop

Banned
I spoke too soon. I just finally got connected to my first online game... however I got booted out after the second stage with some error message saying I couldnt maintain the connection. Great.

Teknoman

jibblypop said:
I spoke too soon. I just finally got connected to my first online game... however I got booted out after the second stage with some error message saying I couldnt maintain the connection. Great.

I was just about to come in and say YAY. Now its back broke again? Thats just great. Had the title theme running in my head and everything...

Anyway I still like the game and will have tons of fun with it when its 100% fixed.

sonicmj1

I've played multiple four-player Castle Crashers games lasting hours in length with no connection issues short of some occasional lag.

It's so much fun now.

Teknoman

sonicmj1 said:
I've played multiple four-player Castle Crashers games lasting hours in length with no connection issues short of some occasional lag.

It's so much fun now.

Ah forget it, im going to download the title patch when it get on my 360 later tonight/tomorrow, and try to have a 4 player online adventure.

Hootie

WTF, why are the enemies in the Arenas so freaking fast? My level 15 dude can't even get through the Thief Arena

Oh and:

XBL Gamertag = Hootie91

Teknoman

jibblypop said:
hey teknoman! you added me in animal crossing and castle crashers? you have excellent taste in games! :D

Im half sleep from the latest L4D match with Red Scarlet and crew but:
n69p5k.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm planning to buy this one for offline play only. I know the problems faced by everyone are probably petty well known in this thread by now, but can anyone kindly tell me what sort of issues I'll have to face and what the new patch actually fixes and doesn't regarding offline multiplayer?

Thanks in advance, please don't kill me big offical thread where I've never stepped into.

jibblypop

Banned
Fuu said:
I'm planning to buy this one for offline play only. I know the problems faced by everyone are probably petty well known in this thread by now, but can anyone kindly tell me what sort of issues I'll have to face and what the new patch actually fixes and doesn't regarding offline multiplayer?

There are no problems with offline play at all. Should be a really safe purchase for you.

By the way here is an update: I started throwing rocks at my router and forwarding ports all over the place and now it seems that I am able to play Castle Crashers online! hooray! I guess my xbox live connection was "moderate NAT" and I fixed that now. Although all other games were working like that, I guess Castle Crashers couldn't until I sorted that out.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
jibblypop said:
There are no problems with offline play at all. Should be a really safe purchase for you.
Thanks a bunch. I've read about corrupted save files and was worried about how prominent these would be for offline play.

jibblypop said:

By the way here is an update: I started throwing rocks at my router and forwarding ports all over the place and now it seems that I am able to play Castle Crashers online! hooray! I guess my xbox live connection was "moderate NAT" and I fixed that now. Although all other games were working like that, I guess Castle Crashers couldn't until I sorted that out.
Oh, there are plenty of games that suffer from Moderate NAT. It's been like that for years (at least on consoles).

jibblypop

Banned
I can't stop playing this game.

I keep hearing people talking about DLC.. was that ever announced? If so what kind of stuff was promised? New Levels? New Characters? I'm really curious because new levels would be perfect but I couldn't bring myself to buy pointless things like characters or weapons.

Teknoman

So...when are we going to get some GAF beat em up matches together. This with some TMNT II on the side?

GAF Crashers tag still has most of the players listed right?

GhaleonEB

I'm playing through the game now that the patch is out. Question: how on earth do I see the stats of the weapons and animal orbs? I have a few animal orbs and I have no idea what any of them do, and when I find weapons during a level I can't tell which is better. This message to go talk to someone when I get them shows up - do I need to leave the level and find someone to just see stats?

Saerk

GhaleonEB said:
I'm playing through the game now that the patch is out. Question: how on earth do I see the stats of the weapons and animal orbs? I have a few animal orbs and I have no idea what any of them do, and when I find weapons during a level I can't tell which is better. This message to go talk to someone when I get them shows up - do I need to leave the level and find someone to just see stats?

You have to go to the armory/barn section to see the stats on the weapons and animals.

Red

GhaleonEB said:
Animal orb effects show up when you walk in front of the chalkboard in the ark.

Weapons should show you differences when you're about to pick them up, unless I'm imagining that. Either way, go inside the giant frog after a level and you'll be able to view all your collected weapons.

Both these places are to the left of the very first area.

GhaleonEB

Vyer said:
You mean the main boss? Or the
volcano rock dude?
If the main, I fought him at a higher level, but
basically stay in the middle ground. The rocks he throws from the right can be run under. I stayed out of his range when he fired his fire breath or whatever. Basically run up, wail on his chin, back away/run under the oncoming boulder, stand out of the way of his fire breath. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Yes, I'm quoting a post that is four months old, but I'm just now going through the game.

So. Fire Dragon boss.

I try to hit him while huge on sandwiches. No damage.

My magic projectiles go straight through him when I fire them from the cliff.

When on the hill to the right, my arrows basically fire straight down. I've leveled up my archery about a half dozen notches trying to get it to fire farther, and it just shoots straight down.

How do I inflict damage on this guy? I've been here for several days. Leveled up seven times. Read FAQs. Nothing I do inflicts damage. Halp. :(

Giard

GhaleonEB said:
Yes, I'm quoting a post that is four months old, but I'm just now going through the game.

So. Fire Dragon boss.

I try to hit him while huge on sandwiches. No damage.

My magic projectiles go straight through him when I fire them from the cliff.

When on the hill to the right, my arrows basically fire straight down. I've leveled up my archery about a half dozen notches trying to get it to fire farther, and it just shoots straight down.

How do I inflict damage on this guy? I've been here for several days. Leveled up seven times. Read FAQs. Nothing I do inflicts damage. Halp. :(

What I did was go close to him, move up, jump and X X X X X X X

Worked well for me.

GhaleonEB

Crunched said:
Juggle his chin. It can be tricky at first, but once you hit him once, you'll be able to again.
Yeah, right after I posted I did damage for the first time. :lol

Had to hit his chin from behind using weak attack. Nothing else connected, but it worked. Yay, progress.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Jesus. FUCK this game.

Myself and Jetjevons tried to play again. We were dropped THREE TIMES. We both have nerd-power net connections and play with no issue on pretty much every other online game.

FUCK THE BEHEMOTH AND THEIR FUCKING BROKEN GAME.

poweld

boutrosinit said:
NO. They deserve no money till they learn to release games that work properly.
First of all, coming from somebody that was pretty heated over this situation, you need to caaaaalm down.

Secondly, my friends and I all have great bandwidth, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is if you have you have your NAT traversal set up properly.

My most arrogant friend refused to check if his NAT was open, since he's a god of some sort.
Of course, he had done a hard reset on his router when futzing with the firmware recently, and had forgotten to forward his Xbox Live ports again.

Once he did, we were able to play flawlessly. So make sure everyone has their ports forwarded first before going ballistic.

The ports are:
* TCP 80
* UDP 88
* UDP 3074
* TCP 3074
* UDP 53
* TCP 53

Cheers

Top Bottom