• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The order 1886: 40 minutes gameplay presentation for the press tomorrow !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoje0308

Banned
iB5D5e1070yo2.gif

Ah, there it is!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I don't give a shit about Alpha code/bugs n shit. I want to see this 40 minute gameplay presentation. Someone record it, upload it and private link me to it.

Hi everyone, long time I didn't write here :)

First of all, thanks to the guy that said "assholes" to the members of the press that do their job and describe what they have seen in an alpha stage ;D

Joking aside, I'm confident I can tell you the embargo date (or window) tomorrow, it's a common use to show a game first to the press, because they can understand (or not, sometimes ;)) the potential of the game even if the game it's not finished and the gameplay shown has bugs and stuff like that.
The developer doesn't have to spend time to make a fancy video for us , plus there is usually a presentation explaining the main aspects of the game in detail with just slides .

Having said that, I will have a gameplay broll to make a long video preview for our readers (so other magazines) and I'm sure that Sony will release a couple of trailers before the embargo, one of them showing the gameplay ;)

Last but not least, if you want me to ask some specific questions to the developers, send me a Tweet (@Tanzen) and I'll try to do my best during my interview slot.

Stay cool and let's see if the game lives up to the hype it created!

Man, when I first read this I thought it said the embargo date was up tomorrow, but we will just have more information on when it's up tomorrow, I'm a sad panda.

I don't give a shit about Alpha code/bugs n shit. I want to see this 40 minute gameplay presentation. Someone record it, upload it and private link me to it.

*ahem ahem and if you so happen to get this "footage" I wouldn't mind having a look *ahem ahem

def sim

I'm looking forward to it! I normally don't like seeing so much footage for a game I plan on checking out, but I don't know a thing about this game other than facial hair and guns.

Damn, what's with the secrecy. Just show it to the consumers. Why go through the press?

Purely a hype and timing thing I imagine. There have been rumblings that RAD and Sony want the footage to look ultra polished so it will blow minds when they finally do show it off. Seems we'll have had a good look at it before the month is out though.

Ever since I saw this concept art I've been super interested in how this game will turn out, very excited to see some footage.
Damn, what's with the secrecy. Just show it to the consumers. Why go through the press?

Why you don't like the stages of "I played this awesome game but I can't tell you what it is" to "I played this awesome game, it was awesome" then to released footage?

An average game that put way more focus on its cinematic aspects than gameplay. Thank you for proving my point in this thread.

Go read the GAF GotY thread, where tons of people wrote excellent posts about why it deserves all the acclaim. But sure, dismissing it in a single line is a great critique. Didn't you like the game in the first place, until it became one of the most acclaimed games of all time?

But of course it's overrated. Everything that is praised is in your eyes. You complain about depth. People point you towards games like DOTA, the Souls games, Platinum's output, indies like The Swapper or Gunpoint. You dismiss it all, everything is average. Nintendo? Pfff. Why even bother. Indies? Just a bunch of 2D plaformers that don't do anything new, am I right? It's as if games like DayZ and Rust don't even exist. Spelunky, a game that has more depth and creativity in every single procedurally generated level, than GTA V in its entirety. Shit, right?

And then you plug someting like Lord of Shadows, which is ridiculously shallow compared to other hack and slash games or the Metroidvanias. The mind boggles.

Opinions are fine, but what a shame you hijack every thread with your particular brand of negativity. Try to have some fun when you fire up a game, man. That and eat some chocolate.

NotSaladin

Neo Member
Jesus what is going on in this thread?!?!

We have yet to even see any gameplay yet but there are already so many people casting judgement.

Relax guys, let's see what these impressions and trailers bring.

EDIT: Ahhhh hang on....now I get it. Seems like certain individuals are unfamiliar with the expression "patience is a virtue"

An average game that put way more focus on its cinematic aspects than gameplay. Thank you for proving my point in this thread.
This post is really making me question why anyone gives even half a shit about your opinion. Your constant, unwavering negativity is tiresome at best, and it always leads to a derail (which I am now part of). 'Grats, I guess.

I'm looking forward to seeing some gameplay. I like the setting and design, and the graphics are obviously top notch, but I'm restraining my hype until I see the game in action. I like cinematic TPSs, though, so I'm not really worried the game won't deliver.

Jigorath

Banned
No, nothing has been shown about the game. It's only getting any hype at all because it's a console exclusive. I would like to think people aren't so sad and desperate that a setting and nothing else is enough to get them excited for a game.

A new IP is worthless if the gameplay is just copying a dozen other similar games from the same genre. So until they show something there's no reason to be excited.

People are hyped for Ready at Dawn's next game because they like Ready at Dawn. I haven't seen anything from the next Uncharted, but I'm still excited because I know Naughty Dog will put out an excellent game. Calling people "sad and desperate" for getting hyped about a game is just insulting.

This post is really making me question why anyone gives even half a shit about your opinion. Your constant, unwavering negativity is tiresome at best, and it always leads to a derail (which I am now part of). 'Grats, I guess.

That's the thing. No other poster has this effect on me, but that endless stream of bile and negativity just sucks the fun out of every thread, so I can't resist a reply, making me part of the thread derail in the process. :(

This forum was a much nicer place when he was banned.

Anyway, The Order. Looking forward to reading impressions and hopefully we'll get some gameplay footage soon. Don't disappoint me, RAD.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
People are hyped for Ready at Dawn's next game because they like Ready at Dawn. I haven't seen anything from the next Uncharted, but I'm still excited because I know Naughty Dog will put out an excellent game. Calling people "sad and desperate" for getting hyped about a game is just insulting.
This. New IP in a genre I like, with a unique setting for the genre, and from a dev I've become a big fan of in recent years makes me very excited.

Cimeas

Banned
Oftentimes this footage is a) only a tiny part of the 40 minute presentation and b) not shown to the public in full form, right?

Any indications this will be different?

Which is why more people should learn to ignore dude, there's no reason to be such an ass for attention, but it works.

Thats a lot.

I would normally say that we dont know if Q&A department was included into Skyrim dev count, but yeah :p
Yeah, definitely a lot. Games like Beyond and Heavy Rain get so large mostly because in order to stay fresh, they change environments completely every 15 minutes or so. Heavy Rain alone had about 55 unique sets with a constantly changing city backdrop. Assets are re-used pretty sparingly as well. So it's a lot of work to get this done already. Then script all the scenes and all the multiple paths and it takes another while. Especially with all the static camera angles that have to be placed manually and unique animations for each little interaction. The motion capture studio they use is owned by the company, so a small team is obviously required for operation. Then they have a lot of character artists and animators to model and animate the 100 different and mostly high quality characters. Combined with the big R&D department (all tools, the production pipeline and the entire engine are developed in-house) and the rest of the team (concept artists, art team, writers, QA, gameplay, icing, VFX, sound, CG and producers) you can get to 200 devs quickly :p

I am hyped for this game cause I love the first God of War RAD made for the PSP. Didn't get into Daxter too much and still haven't beaten the second GoW game they made for PSP (playing on Vita...GoW fatigue)

I really hope they deliver! But I am sure their next game will be even better! These guys need some experience IMO

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am hyped for this game cause I love the first God of War RAD made for the PSP. Didn't get into Daxter too much and still haven't beaten the second GoW game they made for PSP (playing on Vita...GoW fatigue)

I really hope they deliver! But I am sure their next game will be even better! These guys need some experience IMO
You should really finish Ghost of Sparta. It's excellent.

I gotchu playboiii. Working on convincing some "press sneak fucks" now.
tumblr_inline_mpd5z1JSeg1qz4rgp.gif

thanks bro for keeping me covered :p

I agree full heartily agree wonderful post

Ricky_R

The fact that no one here expected to be Rick Rolled is testament that the ban is well worth it. Godspeed my friend.

DieH@rd

Banned
Oftentimes this footage is a) only a tiny part of the 40 minute presentation and b) not shown to the public in full form, right?

Any indications this will be different?

We dont know nothing about this press event, how much gameplay will be shown. That journalist just caused problems by mentioning length of press video. Very rarely those presentations surface to the public, they are aimed at "behind the scenes" promotion.

We will get this video only if RAD decides to showcase it during some tech presentation on GDC or smth.

Derrick01

Banned

I said it was sad and desperate to get hyped out of a setting. Settings don't mean jack to a video game by themselves. Bioshock Infinite had a cool setting and it turned out to be a borderline on-rails, generic shooter that did nothing special. Settings, enemy types and all that stuff is only as good as the gameplay behind it. Now if the game ends up being something special then that changes things. It's not like I'm saying the game is going to suck, only that we haven't seen a scrap of gameplay yet and that I don't like many of their "filmic" comments up to this point. It gives off the vibe that they're focusing on the wrong things.

Never used an ignore button on a forum before, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hopefully I'll never have to use it again.

With your inability to handle someone saying something bad about a game you're looking forward to I wouldn't count on it. I wish the best for you and your endless circle jerk future.

Looking forward to seeing a new trailer with game play and cut scenes .
Really hope we see a lot of the soft body psychics they talk about within game play .

With your inability to handle someone saying something bad about a game you're looking forward to I wouldn't count on it. I wish the best for you and your endless circle jerk future.

Just one reply then. See, this is not true at all. I love debating about different opinions. On here and other forums. Doing it for over a decade now and never felt the urge to put a user on ignore. Ever. I'm fine with opinions different from my own.

But there is a huge difference between that and marching into pretty much every thread just to show how much you hate things. I wonder why you even play cinematic shooters if you have such a strong dislike for them? And when people give you interesting alternatives, you dismiss those as well. Worst of all, calling people sad and shallow for having a different opinion than your own doesn't fly with me. Nor does the disdain about the gaming press. There are some incredibly talented and hard working individuals there. I know some of them and I can vouch for their integrity.

Lighten up a bit man, life is more fun that way.

I said it was sad and desperate to get hyped out of a setting. Settings don't mean jack to a video game by themselves. Bioshock Infinite had a cool setting and it turned out to be a borderline on-rails, generic shooter that did nothing special. Settings, enemy types and all that stuff is only as good as the gameplay behind it. Now if the game ends up being something special then that changes things. It's not like I'm saying the game is going to suck, only that we haven't seen a scrap of gameplay yet and that I don't like many of their "filmic" comments up to this point. It gives off the vibe that they're focusing on the wrong things.

shut up already. people should be excited about the things they want to be excited about. who are you to tell others what they should be hyped about? "oh there hasn't been any gameplay so people calm your horses 'cause it's sad to see you get excited just looking at concept art." seriously. you go on saying don't make assumptions based on the little we've seen of the game yet you've already made judgement based on some lines from some interviews.

Lowering standards until there are none. Shutting off your brain to enjoy something. Ignorance is bliss.

Well, where did I say that? Not sure where this is coming from. I'm a vocal advocate of games like The Swapper, Device 6, Wonderful 101, Dark Souls, Spelunky, tournament fighters and countless others. I don't think they fit the lowering standard and switching off your brain comment at all. That said, a shooter can have excellent gameplay (FEAR, Resi 4, Vanquish). It shouldn't be a dirty word per se. Nor does cinematic. Again, I have nothing against a critical mind, but that is not the same as spouting negative opinions in pretty much every thread, often without any decent motivation.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jesus CHRIST this thread is bad.

Wait till footage comes out and then post a thread. I don't see how people discussing what makes an IP safe or not has anything to do the fact that footage is being shown to the PRESS tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom