• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Returned - a French supernatural drama - Thursdays on the Sundance Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Didn't really liked that much the further it went. It started fuck awesome with great atmosphere, amazing character interaction and the plot moved forward at an exciting pace. The around Ep. 7, those characters become dumber and dumber, the plot progression was virtually non existent and the slow Slice-of-Life pace became very tiresome.

That sex scene was just bizarre
The girl is almost dying from the scar at the back, the serial killer was ust found out that he was responsible for the whole murder scenes, and the way they interact before fucking was not entirely justifiable
It was a hot scene though.

someday

Banned
Didn't really liked that much the further it went. It started fuck awesome with great atmosphere, amazing character interaction and the plot moved forward at an exciting pace. The around Ep. 7, those characters become dumber and dumber, the plot progression was virtually non existent and the slow Slice-of-Life pace became very tiresome.

The girl is almost dying from the scar at the back, the serial killer was ust found out that he was responsible for the whole murder scenes, and the way they interact before fucking was not entirely justifiable

Hmm, you're a bit further along than the American viewing audience I think. I just watched episode 3 last night and am still very much enjoying it. But thanks for what I think are spoilers!

faridmon

Hmm, you're a bit further along than the American viewing audience I think. I just watched episode 3 last night and am still very much enjoying it. But thanks for what I think are spoilers!

I did spoiler tagged what was spoiler :/

But yeah, The show was broadcasted late spring of this year here in UK. But yeah, EP. 3 was great, but I am looking forward what you think when you finish the show.

Also, I hope you don't see sex scenes as spoilers. Its a French show, so of course there must be one or two ht sex scenes.

someday

Banned
No, it was about the scar and it's effect on her. I know there's something weird about the scar but nothing else.

This is a small miracle. The series caught my eye and I was waiting for a British DVD release, but now I was able to buy a season pass. One more episode and the season will already be half over! The wait for Season 2 is going to be unbearable.

I agree with this. Ep7 was the last I watched, but I had to power though that and ep6 as it just became uninteresting really quickly after ep4. It's like it just stalled out and didn't know what to do next.

xenist

I'm five episodes in and unless it fucks up in the end it's a sure thing for my Top 10. It's extremely good.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
After four episodes...

You think maybe this town should put some CCTV inside that damn tunnel?

fCRilwe.png

I've just watched the first episode.

This show is creepy but I like it.

I don't like horror, but this show is more creepy than scary so it's OK. I like the sober directing style and the soundtrack is pretty good, too.

I've finished watching this show.

I was pleasantly surprised. Really interesting show, I hope Season 2 moves it to a clear direction because there remain a lot of questions.

Just watched the first 2 episodes.

Really sucks you in.

Every scene stirs intrigue.

Clever way to make things unfold.

Shock value is always there.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

someday

Banned
Does anyone know when they will replay tonight's episode? I'm going to a wedding and will probably miss it. I noticed before that Sundance doesn't have this show available OnDemand either.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hmm, interesting end. I wonder where it'll go from there. Looks like we're due for at least a year's wait for more episodes. Geez, Victor's going to going to be a foot taller.

Very apocalyptic episode with that stretch after the police first see the horde approaching and the Helping Hand locked itself down for their arrival. I'll keep saying it, but this show really echoes the atmospheres Kiyoshi Kurosawa created in Pulse and Cure, and that's a great thing.

Why didn't they want Serge? That had me a little puzzled.

Anyone still watching this?

I understand that the show's trying to have an air of mystery or leave things open ended, but good god there was like 0 pay-off with that season finale. They explained pretty much nothing. Is season 2 like this?

Anyone still watching this?

I understand that the show's trying to have an air of mystery or leave things open ended, but good god there was like 0 pay-off with that season finale. They explained pretty much nothing. Is season 2 like this?

According to some interview, Canal + told the writers to do as if the show would run for multiple seasons, so Season 1 is like the first phase of something bigger. Season 2 has been confirmed and they said Season 2 will tell us more about the town, the characters, and answer many questions that the viewers and the characters themselves might have.

Just finished the 7th episode.

Jaw-dropping.

I'm so intrigued by what's happening.

The way this show builds everything up, the pacing -- just compelling.

On to the finale.

someday

Banned
I've absolutely loved this first season. I wonder when Sundance will show the second season. I read that it won't air until late 2014 in Europe. Are we going to be able to watch it at the same time or will we have to wait? I need more because I am more confused now than I expected to be after the finale.

Oh, and the "oh god I'm gonna puke" moment goes to
Simon eating that scab in jail
. I was so stunned by that I missed most of that next scene. My stomach is clenching just thinking of that. Urf.

Last, that into music and visuals are simply stunning. I need to get that song somehow.

UrbanRats

Watched the first two episodes.
It certainly looks and sounds pretty, not sure about the story so far.

For what looks like a small mountain town, there sure is a lot of shit happening there.

I was looking for this on Blu-ray and nearly missed it as it's called Rebound for some reason outside France. Watched the whole thing over two days and it's just stunningly beautiful in how it's shot, scored and acted.

UrbanRats

I finished watching it and outside of the visuals and performances, i wasn't really that impressed.
The only character i'm really interested in at the moment is Julie, but even then, the whole supernatural thing sounds like it could take a LOST turn very quickly.

Mogwai did an alright job, because while their pieces were great, it's like they just had 2 or 3 on repeat.

wildfire

Banned
It will be worth the wait. The ending for the season was pretty weird and I want to see where they are going with this.

Majmun

Just finished the last episode. I'm utterly slain and want more of it.

The atmosphere is this series is unmatched. It's so eerie at times. Very well done.

Wished there was a book so I could read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom