• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Returned - a French supernatural drama - Thursdays on the Sundance Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Netflix, as of today! :D

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Et9iQ.gif

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Just finished it!

On the one hand, I really like that they didn't give us a lot of answers. On the other hand, I hate them for it.

Rainy Dog

Great news on both counts. CODY might still be my favourite Mogwai album overall though it is a ridiculously difficult call to make.

As for The Returned; finished watching season 1 last night. Was absolutely blown away, right up there with very the best TV drama I've seen. Shame season 2 seems so far away but I'd rather they take their time and maintain the immaculate standard they've set so far.

Meesh

Amazing show, fantastic writing...not a weak link in the characters. I thoroughly enjoyed it and doubt the American version's as good lol

Rainy Dog

Amazing show, fantastic writing...not a weak link in the characters. I thoroughly enjoyed it and doubt the American version's as good lol

Yep, I honestly felt it was near perfection. One of those scernario's where everything came together just so right. The writing, setting, cast, pacing, music, every last detail.

Broen (original Danish 'The Bridge') is the only other thing I've recently watched that's as immaculated conceived and executed.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
These guys are giving the Venture Bros hiatuses a run for their money.

seat

Sorry if this is already known, but will the second season continue the same story line with the same characters as season one, or will it follow a different arc with a new cast? I'd love it if they continued the same plot to see what happens next, but then again I'm not sure what else can be said beyond what's already been revealed about these people.

One thing that is certainly on the cards is their soundtrack for the upcoming series of Les Revenents (that's The Returned to you English speaking viewers out there). Their score for season one was one of the best bodies of work and finest albums released in 2013, and they've already started to think about season two despite them adding: "I don't think they've finished writing the new series yet."

"Last time they sent us a script and a list of influences to set the tone like books and films to put us on the right track," says Barry. "With the first one we had to go on tour so we had to start recording before we'd seen any footage so it was a bit of a stab in the dark, but it worked out quite well. Who knows what will happen?"

Stuart continues: "I think now that the tone has been established, it will be a little bit simpler to work through. The only reference we've been given so far is the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy, so it's going to be pretty grim. I don't know if they're going to try and add a comedic twist. "

http://www.gigwise.com/features/91715/mogwai-talk-the-returned-metallica-+-new-material

Gray Matter

Re watching this because it's just so damn good and I have a question.

Any theories on what's going on with the
dam? I vaguely remember the show stating that that's where all the dead people come from.

UrbanRats

Re watching this because it's just so damn good and I have a question.

Any theories on what's going on with the
dam? I vaguely remember the show stating that that's where all the dead people come from.

Going by my fuzzy memory,
a whole village was flooded
, basically.
I remember a scene showing
stuff under the water

Note that they're not happy about you hot linking their photos. Also, please leave promo photos behind a link in TV threads. Thank you.

Gray Matter

Mega bump!

Season 2 will be on Netflix February 17th.

Been rewatching it in anticipation of season 2 and also to recap since it has been over a year that I watched for the first time.

For those that haven't watched yet, I highly recommend this, is so good.

I've heard season 2 is even more inscrutable than season 1, and not necessarily in a good way, but I'm still looking forward to checking it out.

Gray Matter

I've heard season 2 is even more inscrutable than season 1, and not necessarily in a good way, but I'm still looking forward to checking it out.

The connections in season one all made sense, maybe not at the moment they're presented, but eventually you understand it.

Season two so far, I'm 4 episodes in, don't feel completely thought out and just put there just because. I have yet to finish it, but at the moment everything feels very convoluted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom