• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Dommel

Bought a jetpack, flew up high to half a face island. Hacked out its eye, got attacked by metal bees in a room behind the eye which had what looked like a heart (or bee generator)?

It's part of the old cinematic style, but it changes depending on the time of day too. So sometimes it can feel strong and sometimes weak. It's all part of the overall aesthetic though.

Turns out my TV's RGB was all out of whack. I'm playing again now and it's a lot less severe.

No complaints now!

Bought a jetpack, flew up high to half a face island. Hacked out its eye, got attacked by metal bees in a room behind the eye which had what looked like a heart (or bee generator)?

Yeah those spawn the bee things, the eaglecorp shotgun makes those rooms awesome

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Natanslavi is much more organised :)

This is making me uneasy - I can't forcibly get these people to do what they should, but I want them to. It's revealing my inner control freak.

Great moment that happened to me 5 minutes after the tutorial. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K4O7A1yDA

That's really cool! I also really like the different resource environments I've encountered. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing but they need different strategies to mine in order to get to things. I think i've encountered 3 or 4 different environments in the beta. It'd be neat if there were more in the final version. Even if there isn't, I've no doubt that downing a monster and having it turn into a resource island will provide plenty of variety.

The art and design aesthetic of TTC is fantastic. Kind of reminds me of those old Rankin/Bass stop-motion holiday specials. Great stuff.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It'd be nice if when trying to buy something and you don't have the money/coupons or resources that it'd tell you how to get more of said item.

Shin-Ra

Choochoo!

TTChoo.gif

Couldn't get past the subway since 10-15 minutes ago.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Yea same here. I kno its a beta but ima lil upset more than usual. Guess i really wanted to try this out

Hopefully they do a timed demo or something cause with it being quite different i'd imagine a lot of people would be on the fence til they played it.

I enjoyed my time with it though and was unsure til i tried it.

Why give out more beta codes than their servers can handle? It's frustrating not being able to get in.

Isn't that the point?

Well, the point is to stress test the servers and not the players, so we do understand how people feel. Of course we also feel better the happier everyone is and the more they get to play and give us feedback.

This is showing us that there is a great deal of interest, and moving forward we'll do our best to respond in kind.

aly

I've never felt the urge to be violent towards people who rather put up signs before lights this much before.

Hopefully they do a timed demo or something cause with it being quite different i'd imagine a lot of people would be on the fence til they played it.

I enjoyed my time with it though and was unsure til i tried it.
Yea i don't wanna dive right in to a $20? Type game like this without trying it myself which is why i jumped on this beta super quick did the tutorial for like 5 minutes than never was able to play again

Hedgey

I think the issue lies with people that have previously chosen a town, then came back online to find that town at full population, then getting disconnected.

I wish there was a way to delete the online file. My friend JUST started (4PM EST) and was able to get in, no problem.

Has anyone been able to get in after setting down their house?

A USSR influenced game where you want to be a bourgeoisie? Where the bourgeoisie are the writing class? wat

I was really hoping for some quality Marxism up in here. I guess I dreamed too big.

Its over for today isn't it? Sigh. I wanna say maybe the snow can give me a chance to play tomorrow instead of work but tham again power may or may not gp out as well

Could you at least have an option in the full game to remove/tone down the vignette effect and heavy DOF?

The game is beautiful and I really think these exaggerated effects really bogs down the image.

Yeah I have to agree I'd like to disable the vignette and at least tone down the DOF. I really like what I got to try of it and I'd love to throw down money on release for it. Only problem is eye strain set in after a couple hours. I don't usually get any problems with it and I'm thinking it might be partly due to the DOF. I'd really like at least a little control over it.

Stoze

Welp, couldn't connect back at all after the first 20 minutes unfortunately. At least I managed to get through the tutorial and check out a town for a bit.

Hopefully I'll be able to really dig in tomorrow.

Macrotus

I was able to eventually get in and had a great time.
Luckily, I didn't spot any griefers in the town I went to.

I love the artwork/design.
It feels good to actually find a deposit, dig and hold the materials in your hand, because they look nice lol

Venom Fox

Banned
And that is the end of that.

Only bug I've noticed is a graphical bug inside island "buildings" / "faces".

Basically there's little holes in the wall or seam of a wall you've dug out. The holes appear to be showing the outside world but when you pickaxe through, it goes away.

Other than that, another fantastic day mining and trying to kill godzilla.

And that is the end of that.

Only bug I've noticed is a graphical bug inside island "buildings".

Basically there's little holes in the wall or seam of a wall you've dug out. The holes appear to be showing the outside world but when you pickaxe through, it goes away.

Other than that, another fantastic day mining and trying to kill godzilla.
Our town grew a lot too! I was a little frustrated with the lack of food tho.

Venom Fox

Banned
Our town grew a lot too! I was a little frustrated with the lack of food tho.
I know, that massive red bridge was an eyesore as well. Will this save the progress though as today, for some reason my progress was reset upon me starting the game.

Other than that I think we're onto something with the people we played with tonight. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The experience is so different one town to the next. The first own was always barely scraping by, never having any Union shop open for tools etc. second town I went to had three different shop types all in a row, a little orchard out the back and a decent supply of food (wood still a bit low sometimes). We could even craft shells for the turrets (the enemy take a ton of hits to take down)

Its tricky to communicate to get things organised, which is interesting as a game device I think - each town had me feeling different things.

Top Bottom