• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The vast majority of DX12 titles in 2015/2016 are partnering with AMD

Dec

Anybody that says Nvidia drivers are free of such issues is lying. However, the incidence of problems is probably greater on AMD, though having said that, the ratio is probably greatly exaggerated by noise.

I've owned a Nvidia gpu since W10 came out and have had more GPU driver issues the past month than I've had in 6 years with AMD. Anecdotal of course, but at least I've used both recently.

Seems to be clearing up finally though.

It's too bad that Pascal will come and people will forget and all be will be forgiven. AMD can't win the mindshare.

You've already forgotten about the dx11 driver inefficiencies (screwing over people who bought an amd cpu the most , ironically) so it seems to go both ways.

Neither company really deserves any mindshare right now.

And of course, given that Intel just reached XBone GPU levels in their newest CPUs, soon it will be Wintel world.

This makes no sense. Intel cannot fit a 150-300W gpu on their cpu die and currently xbone gpu performance is well below the lowest end dedicated gaming gpus that are being sold (and even more so next year with pascal/arctic islands).
A gtx 950 (entry level nvidia gaming card) is much more powerful than a gtx 560 (xbone performance)
TDP limitations apply to everyone equally,APUS are not replacing dedicated gaming gpus. The only market they're eating up is those media gpus that could do some light gaming as third function ( GT620/640 etc, the non gaming cards that tend to end up in dell or HP OEM pcs)

Then there's also the drivers sucking for iris pro... gta5 on skylake has a bunch of graphical glitches.

Damerman

hope to see 16/14nm fabs from them next year. If so, I'm switching back to AMD. I hope it has the Fury X cooling solution also.

Top Bottom