• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: Microsoft is considering increasing the price of Game Pass Ultimate again.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Man it’s just win after win with Microsoft lately, huh?

It's funny.

Not long ago we were told Microsoft buying Activision would end the console wars and bury Playstation. Fanboys were flapping themselves to death at the thought of all Activision games being released on GP from day one.

Look how that turned out.

I recently went back to this video just to remind myself what was expected compared to what actually happened.

JackMcGunns

No, I am using sales as the only metric that matters, which is why a studio that made HiFi Rush got shut down.

No, HiFi Rush did not do well unfortunately. It was on Game Pass for subscribers and no one downloaded the game, then they put it on PlayStation to test if it was just not for Xbox fans, and no PlayStation fans bought it either. It reviewed well, sure, but no one bought it.

For anyone that was already buying Call of Duty at $70, the price of Game Pass for that alone is worth it. Everyone else is just icing on the cake.

No, HiFi Rush did not do well unfortunately. It was on Game Pass for subscribers and no one downloaded the game, then they put it on PlayStation to test if it was just not for Xbox fans, and no PlayStation fans bought it either. It reviewed well, sure, but no one bought it.

For anyone that was already buying Call of Duty at $70, the price of Game Pass for that alone is worth it. Everyone else is just icing on the cake.

Should have launched for 20 dollars rather than 30. People probably would have bought it at 20 or discounted to 15.

Probably needed to have been a PS4/PS5 release as well. Definitely a mistake for this game to have been next-gen only.

Top Bottom