• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vita is 4 years old in NA

L.O.R.D

Happy birthday to Vita in NA
4th anniversary

Thanks Gameiversary for the reminder
https://twitter.com/Gameiversary/status/699347474301874176

Also,can someone shop this gif to put vita instead of iwata and 3dss instead of the others?

http://i.imgur.com/zs9X3HZ.gif

Edit: thanks ike_
Well, as you can tell, I spent a lot of time on this:

P9zANlZ.gif

Maybe one of the pros will have a better answer.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Hard to believe it's only been 4 years, feels like much longer. Hopefully it'll continue to live on in Japan, there's always imports.

Vita, we hardly knew ye.

It's a great piece of hardware with some really good games and ports, but I kind of lost interest in it around the PS4 release. After that I just started buying PS4 games and neglected the Vita.
Looking over the stuff that's been released since, it doesn't look like I missed much.

Though I did just buy Breath of Fire 3 last week. Having a huge PSP, PSX and Vita library on one system makes the whole thing worthwhile. Too bad about the memory cards being expensive as fuck.

Hard

Banned
Own an Aqua Blue. Don't have much time to play it, but I need to get back to console gaming eventually.

AniHawk

got mine for tearaway, danganronpa, and ys: memories of celcetta in 2013. i have about 16 retail games for it now, which is more than i thought i'd ever own on the machine.

Chance

I heart my Vita to what is perhaps an unhealthy degree. Can't frickin' wait for...
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Assault Android Cactus
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Grand Kingdom
  • Attack on Titan

It'll be a good Vita year again. Fingers crossed for Eitr and Katana Zero landing on it!

Chorazin

I love my Vita, shame the fucking memory is still outrageous. I'd have dropped money during the weekend flash sale, but my card only has 500megs left. 😢

AmuroChan

I love the Vita and have both the OG and Slim models. It's been the perfect travel companion on dozens of business trips I've taken in the last few years.

WadeitOut

Does one keep aging after death?

Kidding. I owned one at launch. Enjoyed it for a bit but wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Pics_nao

Bought mine at launch solely for Gravity Rush and never regretted it. Easily my favorite gaming system next to the PS2. Shame about Sony sending it out to die.

jwk94

Vita, we hardly knew ye.

It's a great piece of hardware with some really good games and ports, but I kind of lost interest in it around the PS4 release. After that I just started buying PS4 games and neglected the Vita.
Looking over the stuff that's been released since, it doesn't look like I missed much.

Though I did just buy Breath of Fire 3 last week. Having a huge PSP, PSX and Vita library on one system makes the whole thing worthwhile. Too bad about the memory cards being expensive as fuck.

Sadly, I'm in the same situation. Haven't touched mine in nearly a year =/. It's sad because at one point, I was playing it so much, I almost sold my PS3.

I heart my Vita to what is perhaps an unhealthy degree. Can't frickin' wait for...
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Assault Android Cactus
  • Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Grand Kingdom
  • Attack on Titan

It'll be a good Vita year again. Fingers crossed for Eitr and Katana Zero landing on it!
Should get in to the Trails series. Vita has been my trails in the sky machine for months and I'm about to start Cold steel soon.

The Vita made me fall back in love with dungeon crawlers, really it's the ideal platform to play them on. Just need more of them to come over from Japan... Operation Babel, Labyrinth Cross Blood, the Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls port. At least Stranger of Sword City is out in April.

Wow. Time flies.

Got mine with Rayman Origins and an 8GB card right around launch, trading in my PS3 and stuff with it since I was going back to backpacking. Here I am too many games later, hitched to it. 'til Life do we part.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Might be my most neglected system ever. I have four games for it, and doubt I'll get more. The exclusives just don't interest me and I'd rather get multiplats on PC or a home console.

18-Volt

At around same age PSP got a surprise revival in west: PSP Go, Gran Turismo, Assassin's Creed, Rock band, Dissidia, Soul Calibur and LittleBigPlanet. I have just a tiny bit of hope that same could happen to Vita.

Top Bottom